PDA

View Full Version : It has not escaped me...

DesertSteel
10-02-2018, 12:57 PM
It has not escaped me that heading into week 5 of the NFL season that both Super Bowl participants from last year each have 2 losses, the same as the Steelers. The season is too early to give up on. 1-4-1 and I give up, but not 1-2-1.

vasteeler
10-02-2018, 01:38 PM
I am trying not to give up. I am usually very optimistic but I am seeing nothing from our defense that gives me any hope. I know offensively we will get into sync but I think we're going to have to score 45 points a game to win. And I don't see that happening with any consistency.

Edman
10-02-2018, 01:58 PM
The Steelers Defense is currently ranked 30th in the league :yuck2:, and they don't have a red-hot Quarterback like Patrick Mahomes to cover for it (KC's Defense is ranked 32nd), we have an increasingly erratic Ben Roethlisberger.

The Defense has to improve for the Steelers to have a fighting chance. As long as the Defense remains a grease fire, they have little to no chance to win.

DesertSteel
10-02-2018, 02:26 PM
I realize things don't look great now, but by-and-large these are players and coaches who've done it before so they know how to get it done. IMO, the issue is coaching and not talent.

Mojouw
10-02-2018, 02:51 PM
I would like to see the actual starting defense all healthy and on the field once before I write off the entire season. Additionally, I would like to see the sub package secondary players actually play in those packages.

Moving a healthy Burnett into the starting role and limiting Edmunds exposure to a tightly defined package might allow the learning curve to not be so steep for him. Same with Sutton, and the various Allens.

Hopefully more experienced players at some positions elminates some of the confusion. From what I've noticed it is really only Sensabaugh, Edmunds, Sutton, and Berhe that are having a great deal of "communication" issues. Well one guy went to IR. Another should go back to the bench if Hilton is healthy. Another should see his snaps reduced when Burnett is healthy. And Sensabaugh should be benched for, well, anyone else.

Problem solved?

Rotorhead
10-02-2018, 03:53 PM
I would like to see the actual starting defense all healthy and on the field once before I write off the entire season. Additionally, I would like to see the sub package secondary players actually play in those packages.

Moving a healthy Burnett into the starting role and limiting Edmunds exposure to a tightly defined package might allow the learning curve to not be so steep for him. Same with Sutton, and the various Allens.

Hopefully more experienced players at some positions elminates some of the confusion. From what I've noticed it is really only Sensabaugh, Edmunds, Sutton, and Berhe that are having a great deal of "communication" issues. Well one guy went to IR. Another should go back to the bench if Hilton is healthy. Another should see his snaps reduced when Burnett is healthy. And Sensabaugh should be benched for, well, anyone else.

Problem solved?

Let’s hope, average def puts us on a far better track

DesertSteel
10-03-2018, 12:17 AM
Sunday is a must win situation.