PDA

View Full Version : This is a bad team.

ThorndikeFFA
09-30-2018, 10:24 PM
Bad coaching.
Bad tackling.
Bad play calling.
No accountability at all.

Just BAD. As in, this team sucks balls. Can't run the ball. Can't protect the passer. Can't cover downfield. Can't stop the run.

Pathetic!

Face it, kids...we're the Browns.

Chuck it in and get a top ten pick...which they'll F-up!

Sickening!

JayC
09-30-2018, 10:31 PM
This team used so many 1st round picks on defense and they all suck (beside Shazier)

That is the main reason we are doomed IMO. Coaching can't fix lack of talent.

Haden is good with the same coaches, because he has talent. We drafted a bunch of busts so here we are with the worst Steelers defense I've ever seen.

st33lersguy
09-30-2018, 10:34 PM
This is such an awful team

Edman
09-30-2018, 10:40 PM
The Steelers are the new Browns.

Even though Cleveland lost, they look more like a team than the Steelers do. They have some degree of cohesiveness.

This team is just a bunch of Overrated, overpaid, sackless divas who are imploding. More interested in their highlights and press clippings. They talk and dance and prance and they haven't accomplished jack, and have nothing to show for their bravado besides a 3-5 postseason record and getting pissed on constantly by New England.

Ben "won" AFC OPOW last week, even though the offense got shut out in the second half against Tampa. I guess the voters felt sorry for him.

This needs to happen. Heads need to roll.

Steeldude
09-30-2018, 10:48 PM
The Steelers are the new Browns.

Even though Cleveland lost, they look more like a team than the Steelers do. They have some degree of cohesiveness.

This team is just a bunch of Overrated, overpaid, sackless divas who are imploding. More interested in their highlights and press clippings. They talk and dance and prance and they haven't accomplished jack, and have nothing to show for their bravado besides a 3-5 postseason record and getting pissed on constantly by New England.

Ben "won" AFC OPOW last week, even though the offense got shut out in the second half against Tampa. I guess the voters felt sorry for him.

This needs to happen. Heads need to roll.

Tomlin loves divas over fundamentally sound football players.

Iron Steeler
09-30-2018, 10:53 PM
Well we got high flying falcons next. Should be fun seeing our def chase them around all day

Fire Goodell
09-30-2018, 10:55 PM
We're the new Raiders, but yeah not a good team with a bunch of SPARQ warriors. I want to see how bad we are without Ben

Edman
09-30-2018, 10:56 PM
We're the new Raiders, but yeah not a good team with a bunch of SPARQ warriors. I want to see how bad we are without Ben

We're pretty bad with Ben, so it doesn't make much of a difference in the grand scheme.

86WARD
09-30-2018, 10:57 PM
Tomlin loves divas over fundamentally sound football players.

With divas come splash plays...

Count Steeler
09-30-2018, 10:58 PM
This may be Tomlin's first losing season.

Steeldude
09-30-2018, 10:58 PM
With divas come splash plays...

Haha...and the latest dance routines

Shoes
09-30-2018, 11:00 PM

I think it will be.

DesertSteel
09-30-2018, 11:11 PM
My thoughts on the game:

Butler is in over his head. Has no answers.
Ben got outplayed by Flacco by a wide margin.
Bradshaw was right about Tomlin. It's just getting exposed more and more. He's got nothing but rhetoric and bravado.

vasteeler
10-01-2018, 11:42 AM

I'm usually optimistic to a fault but even I have to agree. Looking at our remaining games it's hard for me to see even 6 more wins.

AtlantaDan
10-01-2018, 12:05 PM
I'm usually optimistic to a fault but even I have to agree. Looking at our remaining games it's hard for me to see even 6 more wins.

This observation by Ray Fittipaldo in his P-G chat today on how it is starting to get late very early for this season to get turned around

It's early, but looking at the AFC, does 10-6 with some help or 11-5 get a playoff spot?

Ray Fittipaldo: 10-6 probably gets you in. For the Steelers they'd have to be 10-5-1 I am guessing, which means they'd have to win 9 of the final 12 games. Does anyone out there think that's possible? Me neither.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2018/10/01/Ray-Fittipaldo-s-Steelers-chat-10-1-18/stories/201810010091

FrancoLambert
10-01-2018, 12:08 PM
My thoughts on the game:

Butler is in over his head. Has no answers.
Ben got outplayed by Flacco by a wide margin.
Bradshaw was right about Tomlin. It's just getting exposed more and more. He's got nothing but rhetoric and bravado.

I’m also starting to lean more and more towards Bradshaw’s take on Tomlin as a head coach.
He’s become too much of a player’s coach which to me translates into less accountability.
I’ve grown tired of him minimizing player’s mistakes with his “we cool,” responses.
I know people get tired of using Belichick as the coaching yardstick, but if a Patriot unit is having difficulty he’s in nvolved in what that unit needs to do to correct it.

AtlantaDan
10-01-2018, 12:15 PM
I know people get tired of using Belichick as the coaching yardstick, but if a Patriot unit is having difficulty he’s involved in what that unit needs to do to correct it.

Not certain it is just Tomlin delegating responsibilities to mediocre assistants, at least on defense

Supposedly Tomlin has not been hands off but has become much more involved with the defense since LeBeau left - the problem is he has not been able to correct the flaws.

That may be at least as much due to bad high draft picks, in which Tomlin also has been very involved, as defensive schemes and assistant coach hiring decisions (e.g. - Joey Porter/the Rooneys allegedly dictated Butler being promoted to DC) in which Tomlin also has been involved

slippy
10-01-2018, 12:46 PM
And if all of the above were not enough, Ben's bad games, bad quarters and bad throws are getting more and more frequent. :(

ALLD
10-02-2018, 06:07 PM
Would be funny to watch the Rooney's sell the team and the new owner clean house.