PDA

View Full Version : Steelers CB Joe Haden Annoyed Over 3 a.m. Drug Test

86WARD
09-27-2018, 03:51 PM
Surprised no one has said anything about this one yet...

—-

Pittsburgh Steelers cornerback Joe Haden says he was randomly selected to take a drug test at 3 a.m. on Tuesday, hours after the team's win over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

"Land in Pittsburgh 2 a Drug test!" he wrote on Twitter. "Seriously it’s 3 a.m. literally? Couldn’t wait til the morning?"

Haden told ESPN on Wednesday that he and about six of his teammates, including kicker Chris Boswell, were tested after they returned to Pittsburgh following Monday night's 30-27 win.

Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/1440490002

86WARD
09-27-2018, 03:54 PM
Kinda is bullshit. If they suspected something why not give them the test immediately following the game. The other thing I heard on the radio was that the told the players when they boarded the plane...wut?? NFL is losing their mind...

Fire Goodell
09-27-2018, 04:13 PM
at least he showed up unlike some other people who got suspended twice

AtlantaDan
09-27-2018, 04:39 PM
The 3 am drug test is the type of petty "we own your ass" behavior by the league office that has caused the players to hate Roger

Problem is given their short careers the players cannot afford a strike and get crappy CBAs negotiated by the NFLPA that perpetuates this crap

DesertSteel
09-27-2018, 04:47 PM
So he had to take a pee at 3 in the morning, when he was already up? So what...

AtlantaDan
09-27-2018, 05:09 PM
So he had to take a pee at 3 in the morning, when he was already up? So what...

Why not do it in the morning at the facility - PEDs going to be flushed from the system overnight or Haden going to take the masking agent after getting the needed boost for the game?

Go back to the repeated "random" tests James Harrison kept receiving for an illustration this is all bullshit gamesmanship

Fire Goodell
09-27-2018, 05:11 PM
why not just make everybody pee before they get on the bus lol

tube517
09-27-2018, 06:10 PM
Well, at least Haden's phone number is correct :noidea: :chuckle:

86WARD
09-27-2018, 06:25 PM
Why not do it in the morning at the facility - PEDs going to be flushed from the system overnight or Haden going to take the masking agent after getting the needed boost for the game?

Go back to the repeated "random" tests James Harrison kept receiving for an illustration this is all bullshit gamesmanship

Not sure how these things work, but telling him before he gets on the plane...does that give him time to mask something if he wanted to?

st33lersguy
09-27-2018, 06:27 PM
God what bullshit, but then again typical. I think Goodell does half of the shit he does just to be an asshole

Shoes
09-27-2018, 06:56 PM
Roger Goodell demands it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJ3N_2r6R-o

AtlantaDan
09-27-2018, 06:59 PM
Not sure how these things work, but telling him before he gets on the plane...does that give him time to mask something if he wanted to?

Theoretically - of course a good testing process tests for masking agents which if detected should constitute a failed test

Assuming they were not testing for steroids, amphetamines stay in the urine from 1 to 3 days - so if Haden took those to get a boost before kickoff they should not have been purged by the next morning

Fitting they tested at the airport where TSA is mostly about security theater

teegre
09-27-2018, 08:22 PM
R.Kelly likes this thread.

DesertSteel
09-29-2018, 01:58 PM

I have no problem with it.

Craic
09-29-2018, 03:30 PM

I think it makes more sense to do it the way they did. Right after a game, wait until they get back to Pittsburgh and then test them before they go off to their own homes. This way, there's no "I didn't get the message!" or "I overslept!" excuses. It gives the players the chance to get it out of the way and then relax rather than coming back into the office on a day off. I really don't see why anyone is upset over this.

teegre
09-29-2018, 09:50 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eafRE74JGZ8&app=desktop&persist_app=1

ALLD
10-02-2018, 06:13 PM
While NFL ratings crater they find new ways to harass their players. Bravo!