PDA

View Full Version : Game 3 vs. Tampa Bay game ball

GoSlash27
09-24-2018, 10:34 PM
Very tough call, but Big Ben gets my game ball tonight.

stillers4me
09-24-2018, 10:38 PM
Ben, JuJu, Conner and an honorable mention to the Defense who only sucked part of the game.

stillers4me
09-24-2018, 10:38 PM
And how about Vance MacDonald, who made big plays and didn't get hurt!

BlackAndGold
09-24-2018, 10:39 PM
Ben easily.

Defense aint worth shit. Better thank Fitzpatrick for gifting those interceptions. The Bucs left so many plays out on the field. Happy they got the win, which is what matters but this team has tons of issues.

Edman
09-24-2018, 10:40 PM
Have to give it to Ben tonight, and that's it.

Defense is still utter dog shit and the team still won in spite of them.

This team is 8-7-1 at best with this dumpster fire of a Defense.

fansince'76
09-24-2018, 10:41 PM
Roethlisberger for the game ball here as well.

Defense is still a hot mess.

Dishonorable mention: the new MNF crew blows chunks.

BlackAndGold
09-24-2018, 10:42 PM
Flacco can't wait to play this defense next Sunday night.

tube517
09-24-2018, 10:44 PM
Game ball to Ben and The Kid w/the Bike.

Goats: Fake Defense, Bos and DHB. The NFL rules committee for another catastrophe w/the rule "emphasis". Again trying to "fix" something and making it worse and unwatchable.

Fire Goodell
09-24-2018, 10:46 PM
Big Ben.

Defense is terrible so although I'm happy about the win, I'm not optimistic on the season

tube517
09-24-2018, 10:49 PM

Bland and boring. Whitten and Booger saying "They need to get a touchdown here" about 10 billion times. What a yawnfest this crew is.

fansince'76
09-24-2018, 10:49 PM
Bland and boring. Whitten and Booger saying "They need to get a touchdown here" about 10 billion times. What a yawnfest this crew is.

That wasn't nearly as bad as him saying the Steelers were to blame for Bell's holdout. :doh:

Dennis Miller with OJ and Namath would be a better team than this bunch.

pczach
09-24-2018, 10:50 PM

We just didn't get enough in-booth video. I could just watch those two talk to each other all night. :doh2:

BlackAndGold
09-24-2018, 10:51 PM
Big Ben.

Defense is terrible so although I'm happy about the win, I'm not optimistic on the season

Good win but this isn't a good team. Has the look of an 8-8 season.

tube517
09-24-2018, 10:54 PM
That wasn't nearly as bad as him saying the Steelers were to blame for Bell's holdout. :doh:

Dennis Miller with OJ and Namath would be a better team than this bunch.

:lol: Namath on that chair Booger was on would be automatic entertainment.

Craic
09-24-2018, 10:58 PM
Game Ball Offense:
Ben: after a horrible first half of the first game, he's settled right down and is having a pretty good season.
JuJu: great effort tonight. He seems to get the big catches when we need them.

HM: Washington for climbing the latter on a couple of catches while going over the middle.

Game Ball Defense:
One game ball on defense, and that goes to Hilton who just plays his heart out every game.
HM: front seven (at times). I know there's some people on this board that think Fitz sucks so bad he just decided to throw a ball to the defenders. The reality, however, is the front seven put a ton of pressure on him. At one point in the third quarter, he had pressure something like 43 percent of the time according to one of the stats on the screen.

fansince'76
09-24-2018, 10:58 PM

:alcoholic::chuckle:

Craic
09-24-2018, 10:59 PM

Yeah, but most of that would be watching him falling out of it drunk and then trying to climb back into it while it's moving down the field.

teegre
09-24-2018, 10:59 PM
Vance McDonald for that stiff arm.

James Conner for those four runs at the end of the game. The pressure was on, the box was stacked, and he came through big time!!!

Joe Haden for being amazing.

Jon Bostic for playing up to his potential.

Bud Dupree for finally doing something else besides running upfield.

JuJu for being JuJu.

#therewaslotsofgood

Hawkman
09-24-2018, 11:05 PM

Can’t possibly happen.....we already have a tie.:chuckle:

BlackAndGold
09-24-2018, 11:08 PM
Joe Haden=best defensive player.

- - - Updated - - -

Can’t possibly happen.....we already have a tie.:chuckle:

The F-ing tie!!!!

AtlantaDan
09-24-2018, 11:13 PM

That MNF crew is awful, especially with all the on camera face time and that ramble about Bell in the 4th quarter

JuJu for being JuJu.

And for getting up from this shot that looks intentional to me

BlackAndGold
09-24-2018, 11:22 PM
Also good on James Connor or closing the game. Was one thing I wanted to see out of him, lead backs have to come up big late in the 4th.

Sure hope they can get DD and Gilbert back soon.

Steeldude
09-24-2018, 11:23 PM
Heroes: BR, Schuster

Goats: defense, Tomlin

j-d-s
09-24-2018, 11:28 PM
Why oh why did ESPN axe Sean McDonough? He was decent.

SteelMayhem72
09-24-2018, 11:31 PM
I can't get past the dumpster fire of a defense...game ball offense

Goat: defense

A good QB will get over 500 yards passing at least once against this defense this season...book it!

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Mojouw
09-24-2018, 11:38 PM
I'm gonna give a gameball to the defense. They had a plan and they executed it. Pressure lead to turnovers. If Burns, Hilton, and Burnett can come online and send Sensabaugh and Berhe to the bench, it will get better.

AtlantaDan
09-24-2018, 11:38 PM
Why oh why did ESPN axe Sean McDonough? He was decent.

ESPN wanted to burn it down after Gruden left and McDonough, who hated Gruden, was sick of MNF and was glad to go back to college games. And the NFL wants cheerleaders doing the games.

McDonough told WEEI’s (http://www.weei.com/blogs/alex-reimer/sean-mcdonough-kc-i-didnt-have-fun-monday-night-football) “Kirk & Callahan” that “MNF” was generally “one of the worst NFL games each week,” and said it was a challenge to make it sound “interesting and exciting.”...

McDonough explained that part of the issue “was just the way the booth was set up the last two years. It was really geared around Jon Gruden,” he told WEEI. “That’s not unusual, TV really is an analyst-driven medium. Jon had a particular set of skills that he did really well, and foremost among them was analyzing the play, breaking down the play, ‘here’s why they ran that play, here’s why it worked, here’s what this guy did or didn’t do.’

“It was really football heavy, X and O heavy, and I think most play-by-play guys, all play-by-play guys, would’ve felt like a bit of a bystander,” he added.

https://www.thewrap.com/espn-analyst-sean-mcdonough-happy-to-exit-monday-night-football-wasnt-fun/

Now they have Witten, who does not know how to finish a comment before the next play, McFarland in that moving sideline chair, and the rando play by play guy - good luck with that

BlackAndGold
09-24-2018, 11:43 PM
I'm gonna give a gameball to the defense. They had a plan and they executed it. Pressure lead to turnovers. If Burns, Hilton, and Burnett can come online and send Sensabaugh and Berhe to the bench, it will get better.

Yeah I think we can give up on that thought. It's his 3rd season and has regressed. He's just another dumb player.

analyst69
09-24-2018, 11:43 PM
The game clock for running out. One more series and the steelers lose.

Mojouw
09-24-2018, 11:46 PM
Yeah I think we can give up on that thought. It's his 3rd season and has regressed. He's just another dumb player.

Hard to say. You may be right. He did some decent things tonight. The unfortunate reality is that he's the second best CB on the team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steeler-in-west
09-25-2018, 12:21 AM
Gameballs: Ben and the offense. Particularly Juju, Mcdonald and Conner

goats: pass defense, me for thinking Haden was the cure for this pass defense: Haden held his own but the rest of the pass defense was still atrocious, Flacco will be licking his chops thinking about next Sunday night, the NFL for the stupid new roughing the passer rules: they are really ruining the game, (and our litigation happy society too for helping ruin the game)

bosewell too, I wish they would cut his pay for every missed field goal

DesertSteel
09-25-2018, 12:23 AM
Patriots don't look like a good team either... but you can bet they'll be in the AFCCG.

- - - Updated - - -

Game ball to Ben
Honorable to Dupree for making a couple of plays.
And McNugget for the play of the year.

Fire Goodell
09-25-2018, 12:38 AM
Patriots don't look like a good team either... but you can bet they'll be in the AFCCG

Not this year, there's a changing of the guard in progress. Young guns like Wentz, Goff, and Mahomes are running the league now or really soon

DesertSteel
09-25-2018, 12:46 AM
Not this year, there's a changing of the guard in progress. Young guns like Wentz, Goff, and Mahomes are running the league now or really soon
In case you didn't notice, you only listed one AFC QB, leaving one opening.

- - - Updated - - -

Our defense sucks and I'm sure Jax fans are saying their offense sucks.

I think we're a week away from being in first place.

BlackAndGold
09-25-2018, 12:55 AM
Wonder if free agent cornerback Bashaud Breeland is healthy yet?

Also may be time to give Brian Allen a shot at corner.

Steeldude
09-25-2018, 01:14 AM

Send Burns to the bench. The guy sucked from day one. He can't cover or tackle. At times he has shown he doesn't want to tackle. Better yet, trade him. They might get a 6th round pick.

Hilton has played rather well.

- - - Updated - - -

Patriots don't look like a good team either... but you can bet they'll be in the AFCCG.

- - - Updated - - -

Game ball to Ben
Honorable to Dupree for making a couple of plays.
And McNugget for the play of the year.

Patriots have a HC though.

EzraTank
09-25-2018, 06:26 AM
Hero: Vance MacDonald.

A) He didn't get hurt.
B) His stiff arm seemed to wake the team up.

Goat: Kevin Butler (Tomlin)

The defense showed up in spots all night but again looked lost. If not for Fitzpatrick actually playing like, well, Fitzpatrick we lose again. Any good QB would have hung 40 points on us again last night. Fitzpatrick missed wide open guys all night.

I'm sorry guys but if this team makes the playoffs with this defense I'll be really surprised. I just feel a 6-9-1 season.

polamalubeast
09-25-2018, 06:26 AM
Road Ben

When you have 3 TD, over 350 yards and over 120 QB rating, you give your team a very good chance of winning.

teegre
09-25-2018, 06:31 AM
As bad as this Steelers secondary is, they had 5 near picks (hands on the ball) on Fitzpatrick’s final 10 attempts.

And, on the Buccaneers’ FG to open the second half, Chickillo almost had another INT (from a deflection from this atrocious secondary).

SUMMATION:
Much like the Taperiots’ secondary (which some of you adore), we are a “bend but dont break AND hope for a pick” type of secondary. Shutdown... we are not.

polamalubeast
09-25-2018, 06:32 AM
As bad as this Steelers secondary is, they had 5 near picks (hands on the ball) on Fitzpatrick’s final 10 attempts.

Fitzpatrick was not great yesterday, the steelers had 2 free INT against him, but their receiver was open all night

teegre
09-25-2018, 06:35 AM
Fitzpatrick was not great yesterday, the steelers had 2 free INT against him, but their receiver was open all night

Yep. We are bad in coverage. That said, we still could have ended all three of the Bucaneers’ second-half scoring drives with INTs.

#agameofinches

polamalubeast
09-25-2018, 06:57 AM

Let's hope that Ben is going to have another legendary game like last year against the same ravens team at home (more than 500 yards and 0 turnovers in 66 pass attempts and 39 points to win by just one point!)

Flacco look much better this year too.

86WARD
09-25-2018, 06:58 AM
Game Balls: Ben, JuJu and McDonald on Offense. Jon Boston on Defense.

Goats: Danny Smith and Chris Boswell. Special Teams continues to be atrocious all the way around. There’s practically a penalty or missed XP/FG on every occasion. The other thing I noticed is that there is still a guy pretty much running free on Jesse James side during the kicker in the FG And XP attempts. It’s gonna wind up being a problem at some point.

polamalubeast
09-25-2018, 07:02 AM
Game Balls: Ben, JuJu and McDonald on Offense. Jon Boston on Defense.

Goats: Danny Smith and Chris Boswell. Special Teams continues to be atrocious all the way around. There’s practically a penalty or missed XP/FG on every occasion. The other thing I noticed is that there is still a guy pretty much running free on Jesse James side during the kicker in the FG And XP attempts. It’s gonna wind up being a problem at some point.

I hold my breath every time on that

The kick was blocked twice last year on that at least ... against the bears and the colts ...

steel striker
09-25-2018, 07:12 AM
Players of the game Ben, JUJU McDonald and, the bad was the defense in the second half. Also Boswell is having a rough time and, way too many penalty's.

DesertSteel
09-25-2018, 07:34 AM
Fear the Flacco lol

86WARD
09-25-2018, 07:56 AM

Not only was the Monday Night Crew terrible as announcers, but the production is that much worse. There’s no need for them to be on screen that many times. I don’t think anyone wants to see Booger McFarland that much, let alone being carted around on the sideline and bounced around like a baby in a bounce chair. The guys up there jiggling like a fresh bowl of Jello and trying to speak. I want to see what’s happening in the field, not Jason Witten in his sneaker suit or Jiggly Booger.

DesertSteel
09-25-2018, 08:35 AM
Yes. MNF crew is at an all-time low. Horrible TV.

tube517
09-25-2018, 08:44 AM
BSPN's ratings are abysmal...mass layoffs...splitting up Mike and Mike didn't help. (Greeny's show is a ratings flop) from what I have read....Yawnfest MNF crew.

a far far cry from the 80s when it was must see sports TV. Now, nobody cares.

Mojouw
09-25-2018, 08:44 AM
Not only was the Monday Night Crew terrible as announcers, but the production is that much worse. There’s no need for them to be on screen that many times. I don’t think anyone wants to see Booger McFarland that much, let alone being carted around on the sideline and bounced around like a baby in a bounce chair. The guys up there jiggling like a fresh bowl of Jello and trying to speak. I want to see what’s happening in the field, not Jason Witten in his sneaker suit or Jiggly Booger.

They need to just can Witten. He doesn't bring much to the table and he is clearly very uncomfortable on camera. Also, bring Booger to the booth. He is more than comfortable on camera. Offers clear and concise explanations (don't have to agree with him) and he has an actual personality.

The rest of it is just poor camera choices. They are trying to recreate video games so ESPN can seem cool and edgy. No wonder ESPN loses money. They have long chosen style over substance.

Moose
09-25-2018, 10:06 AM
Game BALL - Ben , his scrambling at end of game and pass to JuJu won the game.

Game GOAT - Steeler's pile of shit DEFENSE and Secondary. Giving up 455 yrds ! Game was handed to the Steeler's.

polamalubeast
09-25-2018, 10:22 AM

FrancoLambert
09-25-2018, 11:08 AM
They need to just can Witten. He doesn't bring much to the table and he is clearly very uncomfortable on camera. Also, bring Booger to the booth. He is more than comfortable on camera. Offers clear and concise explanations (don't have to agree with him) and he has an actual personality.

The rest of it is just poor camera choices. They are trying to recreate video games so ESPN can seem cool and edgy. No wonder ESPN loses money. They have long chosen style over substance.

I better get my ears checked.
I didn’t hear anything come out of Booger’s mouth that was clear and concise.
MNF crew is right up there as the worst ever.

AtlantaDan
09-25-2018, 11:22 AM
They need to just can Witten. He doesn't bring much to the table and he is clearly very uncomfortable on camera.

Apparently ESPN decided that since Romo was a clean cut guy who got the ball on offense for the Cowboys and Witten was a clean cut guy who got the ball on offense for the Cowboys they were twins. So Witten would knock it out of the park as the #1 NFL analyst for the network just like Romo did even though neither guy held an analyst's or other announcer's job before

Sounds like a can't miss plan to me :noidea:

I lost it when they pretty much ignored the game midway through the 4th quarter to put Booger and Witten on camera (yet again) to deliver scalding hot takes about Bell not reporting - clear they had worked on that in game prep and were determined to get it in

Add the esoteric camera angles of on the field coverage to the mix (they pretty much missed the Switzer TD to end the first half) and it was tough to watch

Craic
09-25-2018, 11:23 AM

I think you're discrediting the work of the Steelers D too much here. Why did the Steelers get two free INTs? Because the front seven put good pressure on Fitz and caused him to throw the ball under duress. In other words, they caused the INT. Receiver open? That's a different story. But, the INTs can't be discredited as just errant passes for no reason.

polamalubeast
09-25-2018, 11:28 AM
I think you're discrediting the work of the Steelers D too much here. Why did the Steelers get two free INTs? Because the front seven put good pressure on Fitz and caused him to throw the ball under duress. In other words, they caused the INT. Receiver open? That's a different story. But, the INTs can't be discredited as just errant passes for no reason.

The first interception was a good play by the defense, the other 2 were so horrible that almost none of the Tampa Bay receivers were in the direction of Fitzpatrick's throw.

Yes, he was under pressure, but I do not think even Flacco (our next opponent) would have done that twice.

Mojouw
09-25-2018, 11:31 AM
I better get my ears checked.
I didn’t hear anything come out of Booger’s mouth that was clear and concise.
MNF crew is right up there as the worst ever.

Different strokes for different folks?

I thought he talked about the pass rush more than once in an engaging way. Had a few nuggets about formations and what not that were useful. Certainly brings far more to the table than Witten does. That is damning with faint praise but still...

Drazo85
09-25-2018, 12:35 PM
The first interception was a good play by the defense, the other 2 were so horrible that almost none of the Tampa Bay receivers were in the direction of Fitzpatrick's throw.

Yes, he was under pressure, but I do not think even Flacco (our next opponent) would have done that twice.Big Dan got to Fitzpatrick with his paw and caused overthrow leading to Dupree's TD!

Послато са Mi A1 уз помоћ Тапатока

Born2Steel
09-25-2018, 12:38 PM

Yes, he was under pressure, but I do not think even Flacco (our next opponent) would have done that twice.

Their offense was having 'communication issues'.

BlackAndGold
09-25-2018, 06:13 PM
Wonder if free agent cornerback Bashaud Breeland is healthy yet?

Also may be time to give Brian Allen a shot at corner.

Signs with Green Bay....

DesertSteel
09-25-2018, 06:21 PM
Apparently ESPN decided that since Romo was a clean cut guy who got the ball on offense for the Cowboys and Witten was a clean cut guy who got the ball on offense for the Cowboys they were twins. So Witten would knock it out of the park as the #1 NFL analyst for the network just like Romo did even though neither guy held an analyst's or other announcer's job before

Sounds like a can't miss plan to me :noidea:

I lost it when they pretty much ignored the game midway through the 4th quarter to put Booger and Witten on camera (yet again) to deliver scalding hot takes about Bell not reporting - clear they had worked on that in game prep and were determined to get it in

Add the esoteric camera angles of on the field coverage to the mix (they pretty much missed the Switzer TD to end the first half) and it was tough to watch
Without provocation from me, my 12-year-old son kept yelling, "What are they doing?!" and "Just show the game!" I think they might need to show that crap to some focus groups in order to get a handle on this before long........

polamalubeast
09-25-2018, 07:21 PM

Hawkman
09-25-2018, 07:26 PM

I know you want to turn every thread into “this defense sucks”, thread......but this the “GAME BALL” thread.

polamalubeast
09-25-2018, 07:29 PM
I know you want to turn every thread into “this defense sucks”, thread......but this the “GAME BALL” thread.

It's not my goal and I thought it was a thread about the best and worst players in yesterday's game .....

Hawkman
09-25-2018, 07:34 PM
It's not my goal and I thought it was a thread about the best and worst players in yesterday's game .....

That’s not what I got from that.

Mojouw
09-25-2018, 07:40 PM

Would Mr. Grigsby be referring to the two players they've drafted higher than the 3rd round in the last, what, five years?

How many secondaries that would meet the refined standards of this Twitter expert feature multiple first round picks? For instance the Vikings were featuring three prior to Waynes getting hurt. The Packers roll out at least 3 not counting the few they cut.

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-25-2018, 10:20 PM
Would Mr. Grigsby be referring to the two players they've drafted higher than the 3rd round in the last, what, five years?

How many secondaries that would meet the refined standards of this Twitter expert feature multiple first round picks? For instance the Vikings were featuring three prior to Waynes getting hurt. The Packers roll out at least 3 not counting the few they cut. I think he is referring to Burns and Davis, but honestly Davis is starting to look like a very good safety so far this year. Burns on the other hand I will stand by my evaluation from 3 years ago....."great athlete, long arms and stick hands. lousy technique, cheats off his WR and peeks at QB to try and jump on routes and get INT, but cant do that in the NFL". I personally thought Kendall Fuller and Mackenzie Alexander were better players but not boundary CB's.

IMO, Steelers need to draft " football players" that will come to work and I think Edmunds, Watt, James Washington, James Connor and others fit that mold. Not sure about Burns.

As for game balls, sure Ben, JuJu and that front 7 applied some pressure..... but how about that depleted O line that started Pouncey and 4UDFA's?? Those guys are not top 3 round picks, they are "Football Players that come to work hard every day".

Mojouw
09-25-2018, 10:38 PM
I think he is referring to Burns and Davis, but honestly Davis is starting to look like a very good safety so far this year. Burns on the other hand I will stand by my evaluation from 3 years ago....."great athlete, long arms and stick hands. lousy technique, cheats off his WR and peeks at QB to try and jump on routes and get INT, but cant do that in the NFL". I personally thought Kendall Fuller and Mackenzie Alexander were better players but not boundary CB's.

IMO, Steelers need to draft " football players" that will come to work and I think Edmunds, Watt, James Washington, James Connor and others fit that mold. Not sure about Burns.

As for game balls, sure Ben, JuJu and that front 7 applied some pressure..... but how about that depleted O line that started Pouncey and 4UDFA's?? Those guys are not top 3 round picks, they are "Football Players that come to work hard every day".

I agree. My only point was the only DBs they've not developed were late round picks and the two you highlighted. Not exactly a bumper crop of prospects.

These Twitter takes are just getting ridiculous.

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-25-2018, 11:17 PM
I agree. My only point was the only DBs they've not developed were late round picks and the two you highlighted. Not exactly a bumper crop of prospects.

These Twitter takes are just getting ridiculous.

they have been ridiculous for a while.

I don't get the whole "this franchise cant elevate secondary talent" notion. Burns is an athlete, not a talented CB. Davis is a big CB that converted to Safety and IMO, the presence of another non-talented player in Mike Mitchell was in his way of improvement. Golson was just injured all the time, but talented. IMO, Sutton, Hilton are talented and work at the game. Hayden is a flat out professional. Burns is athleticism without either work ethic or discipline to improve at the craft.

Mojouw
09-26-2018, 01:44 AM
they have been ridiculous for a while.

I don't get the whole "this franchise cant elevate secondary talent" notion. Burns is an athlete, not a talented CB. Davis is a big CB that converted to Safety and IMO, the presence of another non-talented player in Mike Mitchell was in his way of improvement. Golson was just injured all the time, but talented. IMO, Sutton, Hilton are talented and work at the game. Hayden is a flat out professional. Burns is athleticism without either work ethic or discipline to improve at the craft.

Yeah. Burns is like maybe 24 years old. Sports have likely almost always easy for him. Now it is not a breeze. Has to decide if he wants to make the changes necessary to become a football player. Ike Taylor did it by working his ass off. It can be done, but will be Burns get his head squared away?

Doubt it. But he's young enough to still have the light bulb go off.