PDA

View Full Version : Crime's done in the name of Allah.

zulater
09-22-2010, 06:14 AM
http://continentalnews.net/christian-news/moroccan-convert-serving-15-years-for-his-faith-2698.html

Someone feel free to start a thread concerning the crimes that are commited by Christians, Jews, Hindu's etc... in the name of their God or to further their religion.

I can easily post 5 stories like this or worse a day concerning how our fun loving Islamic brothers and sisters seem to have so much trouble coexisting with their neighbors.

I don't dislike Muslim's per say, because I've always believed people are largely a product of their envirorment, generally speaking your religion chooses you as much or more thanyou choose it, particualry if you're raised Muslim where conversion is not only discourged, but severely punished as well.

But regardless, call me an Islamaphobe if you like, in a sense I am. Perhaps it's ignorance on my part, feel free to educate me and maybe you can change my negative opinion in time.

But I guess what it comes down to is that from my perspective the cornerstone of western society is the ten commandments, and actually if you get down to it it's really only about 6 of those that have shaped our society. to wit, thou shalt not kill, steal, bear false witness, commit adultery, honor they mother and father, covet thy neighbors wife or property. Anyway what shapes Islamic society? It looks to me as if it's Sharia law, name me a country with a Muslim majority that doesn't enforce many aspects of Sharia law. And to me sharia law is wicked. Tell me how I'm wrong?

GBMelBlount
09-22-2010, 06:26 AM
http://continentalnews.net/christian-news/moroccan-convert-serving-15-years-for-his-faith-2698.html

But I guess what it comes down to is that from my perspective the cornerstone of western society is the ten commandments....

Anyway what shapes Islamic society?...

It looks to me as if it's Sharia law, name me a country with a Muslim majority that doesn't enforce many aspects of Sharia law.

And to me sharia law is wicked. Tell me how I'm wrong?

Nice post Zulater. I too am interested in hearing a bit on this....

venom
09-22-2010, 09:44 AM
Interesting post there , good job !

GodfatherofSoul
09-22-2010, 05:00 PM
Didn't read the article, but all of the opinion conditionals in that quote indicate how fact-based that article is:

"it looks to me..."
"but I guess what it comes down to is that from my perspective..."
"and to me..."

But, I guess it really doesn't matter to the target audience.

zulater
09-22-2010, 07:17 PM
Didn't read the article, but all of the opinion conditionals in that quote indicate how fact-based that article is:

"it looks to me..."
"but I guess what it comes down to is that from my perspective..."
"and to me..."

But, I guess it really doesn't matter to the target audience.

Way to duck the questions that have been asked.:rolleyes:

GodfatherofSoul
09-22-2010, 10:20 PM
Way to duck the questions that have been asked.:rolleyes:

I didn't duck the question. My point is from the quotes in that article it really looks like the author is basing his theory on conjecture. Why bother reading an opinion piece based on assumptions?

zulater
09-23-2010, 05:12 AM
I didn't duck the question. My point is from the quotes in that article it really looks like the author is basing his theory on conjecture. Why bother reading an opinion piece based on assumptions?

Those weren't quotes form the article. I didn't quote the article whatsoever, that was my own conjecture. I thought that was fairly obvious.

zulater
09-23-2010, 05:28 AM
http://undhimmi.com/2010/09/22/thai-muslim-terrorists-target-teachers-and-children-hrw-blame-thai-govt/

Here's another article I'm not going to bother to quote. For those that bother to read it, it's another glaring example of how Muslim's look to impose their religion upon others by murder and violence. I don't see other religions forcing themselves on minority populace's by penalty of death. Now obviously all Muslim's don't condone such acts, but in any state that has a Muslim majority I see example after example of these sort of horroriff acts taking place, and even in the so called moderate states such as Indonesia little or nothing is done by theo authorities to quell it. In fact as often as not the state is acting in concert on some level with the thugs that deny free choice to citizens who choose to leave the faith or those in minority sects who have Islam imposed upon them.

zulater
09-23-2010, 05:31 AM
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/139738

Even the peace activists who defend them are subject to rape, kidnapping, and lifelong servitude in the form of forced conversion and marriage.

GodfatherofSoul
09-23-2010, 09:30 AM
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/139738

Even the peace activists who defend them are subject to rape, kidnapping, and lifelong servitude in the form of forced conversion and marriage.

Israel national news? Really? :\

zulater
09-23-2010, 09:57 AM
Israel national news? Really? :\

So that makes it a lie? Are you familiar with who penned the article, who's quoted in it, how it's sourced?

GodfatherofSoul
09-23-2010, 11:30 AM
So that makes it a lie? Are you familiar with who penned the article, who's quoted in it, how it's sourced?

That doesn't make it a lie, that makes it suspect.

zulater
09-23-2010, 01:35 PM
That doesn't make it a lie, that makes it suspect.

Everything in life is suspect. But to the point of this thread, all I'm saying is that without any trouble, on any given day I can find instances of Islamic intolerance, bullying, bigotry, etc...towards not only other religions, but to woman, gays, and minors. Now obviously they don't own exclusive rights to abhorent behavior, but so much of what is done in the Allah is actually coherent with Sharia law.

Take for instance the merciless slaughter last month of medial workers in Afghanistan. The Tailban took full credit for the attrocity which of course excuses the vast majority of Muslim's, I certainly understand the Taliban are extremists, and shouldn't be confused with normal Muslims. Anyway, what particularly disturbed me about that case, and also was equally revealing to Islam as a whole ( imo) was how the Taliban rationilized the murders by accusing the medical vounteers of proselytizing Christiananity. So what you say? Well for whatever reason the sponsors of the volunteers went to lengths to deny such activity was taking place. Which raises the question for me, why was that neccesary? I mean even if they were throwing in a little prayer with the band aides and innoculations that should result in summary execution where the were found? That the Taliban knew their target audience would accept such a verdict as just is as revealing as the murders themselves. The reason being of course that murdering those that proselytize other religions to Muslims is in accordance with sharia law.

GodfatherofSoul
09-23-2010, 03:03 PM
OK, I just looked this up. There are over 1.5 BILLION Muslims in the world. There are 36,000 members of the Taliban according to the military. That works out to about 2 THOUSANDTHS OF ONE PERCENT of the world Muslim population.

zulater
09-23-2010, 04:05 PM
OK, I just looked this up. There are over 1.5 BILLION Muslims in the world. There are 36,000 members of the Taliban according to the military. That works out to about 2 THOUSANDTHS OF ONE PERCENT of the world Muslim population.
Except for the last, none of the crimes or injustices I've pointed out were by Taliban members. Sharia law is enforced in, Iran, Egypt, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Morroco, and various other countries with Muslim majorities. The problems run a lot deeper than just the Taliban.

zulater
09-23-2010, 04:13 PM
http://www.jpost.com/MiddleEast/Article.aspx?id=188602

Maybe you should try reading one of the links before offering inaccurate commentary on it GOS?

:coffee:

BnG_Hevn
09-24-2010, 12:14 PM
Well, call me a coward, but if I lived in a country where you were thrown into jail for professing your beliefs that contradicted what the government was about, I'd keep my mouth shut. Actually, I'd probably find another place to live.

If you don't live in a country where you have free speech, why would you say things that would land you in jail?

zulater
09-27-2010, 08:13 PM
http://www.israeltoday.co.il/default.aspx?tabid=178&nid=21940

JonM229
09-27-2010, 09:34 PM
http://www.israeltoday.co.il/default.aspx?tabid=178&nid=21940

That article wouldn't seem as biased if it weren't for people in the comments section quoting scripture.

zulater
09-27-2010, 09:42 PM
That article wouldn't seem as biased if it weren't for people in the comments section quoting scripture.

I didn't bother with the comments, they'e irrelevant. Basically it's either true or not, I'm thinking it is true, and it's another glaring example of what Islam is all about.

JonM229
09-27-2010, 09:47 PM
The man wasn't arrested. He was detained and questioned by Israeli police. The group was told not to pray beforehand. Rules is rules.

zulater
09-27-2010, 09:56 PM
The man wasn't arrested. He was detained and questioned by Israeli police. The group was told not to pray beforehand. Rules is rules.

Funny how the rules only seem to apply to one side.

zulater
09-27-2010, 10:00 PM
Jerusalem police on Sunday arrested a Jewish man who was suspected by Islamic authorities of saying a quiet prayer atop the Temple Mount, Judaism’s most holy site.

Other Israelis who were in the same group as the arrested man told Israel National News that they were accompanied by several police officers and Islamic monitors as they toured the compound, which is currently occupied by four mosques.

Near the end of the tour, one of the participants stood quietly to the side, a little ways away from the rest of the group. An Islamic official suspected the Jewish man was saying a quiet prayer, so rushed toward him demanding he stop. The Muslim called over Israeli police officers, who removed the Jewish man from the scene and took him for questioning.

The leader of the group, David Ha’ivri, executive director of the Samaria Liaison Office, noted that prior to entering the Temple Mount, the Jewish visitors were told by an Israeli officer the following:

“Do not pray. Do not tear a garment. Do not prostrate yourself. It is forbidden to take any action that the Muslims may see as a religious act.”

Jesus christ, how does this not bother you?

zulater
09-28-2010, 05:33 AM
Question:
Why aren't there any international Muslim charities that attend to the needs non-Muslim victims?

Summary Answer:
Muslims are not commanded to assist non-Muslims. To do so is a waste of money, because they are going to Hell anyway. The Qur'an and Hadith command that money flow either between Muslims or from non-Muslims to Muslims (Qur'an 9:29).

Neither has the Islamic community ever been particularly keen on disaster relief, even for Muslim victims. This is because the Qur'an teaches that the disasters which befall communities are a punishment from Allah.

The Qur'an:
Natural disaster is ordained by Allah:

Qur'an (9:51) - "Say: 'Nothing will afflict us save what Allah has ordained for us';"

Qur'an (11:117) - "Nor would thy Lord be the One to destroy communities for a single wrong-doing, if its members were likely to mend."

Qur'an (28:59) - "...And never did We destroy the townships unless the folk thereof were evil-doers." 'We' refers to Allah. This verse refers to natural disaster.

Qur'an (57:22) - "No misfortune can happen on earth or in your souls but is recorded in a decree before We bring it into existence: That is truly easy for Allah." Allah wills misfortune in advance.

Qur'an (42:30) - "Whatever misfortune happens to you, is because on the things your hands have wrought" Your sin is solely responsible for any misfortune in your life.

Qur'an (28:17) - "O my Lord!... never shall I be a help to those who sin!" Taken with the above verses (57:22 and 42:30), this provides the logical argument that helping victims of disaster is actually against Allah's will, since the unfortunates are merely suffering Allah's punishment for sin and Muslims are not to help those in sin.

Qur'an (64:11) - "No calamity befalleth save by Allah's leave..."

Qur'an (90:4) - "Verily We have created man into toil and struggle."

Those who are blessed by Allah insult Allah by giving away their "gifts" to those whom Allah has not favored:

Qur'an (16:71) - "Allah has bestowed His gifts of sustenance more freely on some of you than on others: those more favoured are not going to throw back their gifts to those whom their right hands possess, so as to be equal in that respect. Will they then deny the favours of Allah?"

Charity to non-Muslims? No. Muslims are told that non-believers are the "vilest of animals" and commanded to be ruthless toward them:

Qur'an (8:55) - "Surely the vilest of animals in Allah's sight are those who disbelieve"

Qur'an (48:29) - Muhammad is the messenger of Allah. And those with him are hard (ruthless) against the disbelievers and merciful among themselves

From the Hadith:

Bukhari (71:665) - The Prophet said, "No contagious disease is conveyed to others without Allah's permission..."

Muslim (1:153) - The best of all good deeds, according to Muhammad is "jihad for the cause of Allah" (not charity toward others).

Bukhari (55:558) - The Prophet said, "I give to them so as to attract their hearts to Islam." The only example of Muhammad ever providing charity to non-Muslims was when it served the purpose of expanding personal power, either to buy conversions or loyalty (see Bukhari 53:373).

Numerous hadith also mention giving to the poor (within the Muslim community). This is the zakat, or almsgiving, that has become one of the "five pillars" of Islam.

Additional Notes:

It is common for Western multiculturalists to project their own values onto others. If Western religion instills virtues such as giving and universal charity, then surely Islam must do the same... shouldn't it?

Not really.

To begin with, Muhammad routinely used natural disaster as a threat to compel others to believe in his claim to be a prophet. The Qur'an specifically says that earthquake and famine are sent by Allah as punishment for the sin of the people (usually unbelief). There is no theological basis for helping those whom Allah is trying to hurt.

Charity is technically an important part of Islam, but this does not mean that the word is defined in the same way in which Westerners usually understand it. In Christianity, for example, charity means giving to your fellow man in need. In Islam, it distinctly means giving to your fellow Muslim - and generally only through the mandated poor tax (zakat) which is precisely calculated. As Robert Spencer puts it, "Islam makes a distinction between believers and unbelievers that overrides any obligation to general benevolence."

The zakat (almsgiving) may be one of the five pillars of Islam, but the Hadith only speaks of it as a requirement to help fellow Muslims ("taken from among you and distributed among you"). Non-Muslims are not entitled to the zakat by virtue of their need, and mainstream Islamic teaching forbids Muslims to give this to unbelievers. The website TheZakat.org, for example, lists unbelievers along with the wealthy, strong and healthy as being prohibited from receiving zakat (although some Muslims may personally disagree with this).

Much of what is given today ($1725 or 2.5% of an increase in wealth) funds mosque operations or groups like CAIR, and never finds its way to "the poor." Interestingly, the Qur'anic verse that is said to be the basis for zakat (9:103) comes from the most violent and intolerant of suras. Its context also appears to be that of a penance taken from the property of 'hypocrites' for their sinfulness and failure to participate in battle against unbelievers.

In fact, international Muslim charities in general have a greater reputation for funding terrorism and hate than actually attending to the victims of natural disaster. Even at its most legitimate, Muslim charity to the poor is heavily tainted by ulterior political agenda, such as the fact that most such international efforts go toward Palestinians, while aid for the victims of Darfur (who are being oppressed by an Islamic regime) is virtually nil, even though their situation is far more dire by any conceivable measure.

Out of a religion that brags of one-fifth of the world's population, there are no international Islamic charities that take money from Muslims to help non-Muslims in need*. There is no equivalent to the Red Cross in Islam (the Red Crescent is actually a part of the Red Cross and is active only in Muslim countries). Charity is truly an in-house institution, and, even then, the impetus is largely superficial. The greatest contribution to disaster relief for victims in the Islamic world has always been (and always will be) non-Islamic organizations and nations with a Christian heritage.

*[Note: Some Muslim charities, such as Islamic Relief, say that they don't discriminate by creed. This is quite dubious, however, given that over 99% of their aid goes toward projects in Muslim countries or in the majority Muslim regions of non-Muslim countries. They also take in far more from non-Muslim donors than they provide to non-Muslim recipients. See Islamic Relief and the Myth of Non-Discriminating Muslim Charity]

Recommended Reading: Islamic Charity: For Muslims Only

TheReligionofPeace.com Home Page

zulater
09-28-2010, 10:13 AM
http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-world/terror-suspect-admits-to-cartoon-plot-20100928-15vtr.html

zulater
09-30-2010, 07:50 AM
http://www.worthynews.com/9539-ethiopian-muslims-burn-down-christian-homes-farms

http://www.thedailynewsegypt.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=123462&catid=1&Itemid=183