PDA

View Full Version : Steelers #15 In Forbes 2018 NFL Franchise Values - $2.585 Billion

AtlantaDan
09-24-2018, 11:25 AM
The defense is a disaster but AJRII can take some solace that the franchise is worth $2.585 billion (revenue $415 million/operating income $85 million/gate receipts $66 million) according to Forbes

https://www.forbes.com/teams/pittsburgh-steelers/

Steelers ranked #15 in NFL franchise values

Cowboys #1 at $5 billion (revenue $864 million/operating income $365 million/gate receipts $108 million) and Pats #2 at $3.8 billion (revenue $593 million/operating income $235 million/gate receipts $103 million)

https://www.forbes.com/nfl-valuations/list/

It's a game to us but a business to the owners.

Business is still good but the frothy increases in franchise values are cooling off. Cowboys increased 4%, Pats increased 3%, and Steelers increased 5% in valuations over past year.

Looking at these numbers all I can say is I am glad there is a salary cap to maintain competitiveness.

Crow-Magnon
09-24-2018, 03:31 PM
I'm surprised the Steelers are #15. I may be a Ravens fan, but I'm not blind. I rarely encounter Ravens decals on cars, fans wearing team gear, etc. when I travel to other states (especially non-adjacent states as compared to PA, DE or VA), but you see Steelers stuff everywhere. Hell, I saw it in Toulouse. As in France.

Craic
09-24-2018, 04:12 PM
I'm surprised the Steelers are #15. I may be a Ravens fan, but I'm not blind. I rarely encounter Ravens decals on cars, fans wearing team gear, etc. when I travel to other states (especially non-adjacent states as compared to PA, DE or VA), but you see Steelers stuff everywhere. Hell, I saw it in Toulouse. As in France.

Yep, but that's the problem with smaller market teams. Even with all the revenue sharing and everything else, there's still the problem of having that smaller market. I don't know, but I think that would include the money made from local sales (if stadium attendance is down, so is revenue), sponsorships (larger market teams would conceivably make more money here), Then, there's team rental cost of stadium. Steelers rent the stadium for 2.1 million. While some teams have higher costs, the Titans, for instance, pay 362k, Jags pay 1.25million, Chiefs pay 450k plus percent based on gross receipt of taxes over 7.5 million. Chargers pay $1. Yeah, 1. Redskins pay 0. Cardinals pay 304k. Rams pay 0. Panthers pay 0. Lions 250k and so on.

Interestingly, the Pats* pay 2-3 million . . . to the Kraft group. Yeah, Robert Kraft is making his team pay his form for that stadium.

GoSlash27
09-24-2018, 05:19 PM

Crow,
That's what happens when you have an excellent football team at the same time your economy implodes; everyone remains loyal fans, but moves elsewhere. It's not a good problem to have...

Also IIRC (please correct me if I'm mistaken) the revenue from all the Stillerz swag doesn't actually go to the Steelers, but rather the NFL to be distributed among the franchises.

Best,
-Slashy