PDA

View Full Version : The Good News!

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
09-16-2018, 11:10 PM
Tomlin promises the Steelers won't make the same mistakes next Sunday.

st33lersguy
09-16-2018, 11:18 PM
Even better, they are guaranteed not to lose, or tie next Sunday

Fire Goodell
09-17-2018, 12:08 AM
:chuckle:

DesertSteel
09-17-2018, 12:48 AM
I’ve been patiently waiting for the rhetoric from Tomlin that we’re all too familiar with.

- - - Updated - - -

What I find interesting is that a HC can promise the same mistakes won’t happen again but for some mysterious reason he’s not responsible for them the first time.

HollywoodSteel
09-17-2018, 02:58 AM
If you want good news, I’m nominated for an Emmy. For real.

If The Handmaid’s Tale wins for best drama series, I’ll go on stage with about ten other producers and we all get Emmys.

Is that Steelers related?

Sort of. It’s the only thing I have to root for now that my Steelers broke my heart... on my birthday :(

- - - Updated - - -

And if I don’t win the Emmy, I can blame it on Tomlin. :)

86WARD
09-17-2018, 05:41 AM

If The Handmaid’s Tale wins for best drama series, I’ll go on stage with about ten other producers and we all get Emmys.

Sort of. It’s the only thing I have to root for now that my Steelers broke my heart... on my birthday :(

- - - Updated - - -

That’s awesome!! Good Luck!!

EzraTank
09-17-2018, 06:29 AM
Tomlin promises the Steelers won't make the same mistakes next Sunday.

I thought you were going to say the NFL scheduled the Browns 4 more times this year. I can live with ties after watching yesterday.

teegre
09-17-2018, 06:48 AM
Here’s a silver lining:
Boz left 4 points on the field. The end of regulation should have come down to a two-point conversion.

Count Steeler
09-17-2018, 07:01 AM
Here’s a silver lining:
Boz left 4 points on the field. The end of regulation should have come down to a two-point conversion.

Somewhat true. If he didn't miss the extra point, would the Steelers have gone for the 2 point conversion in the 2nd quarter? Unlikely. So, realistically, Boz left 3 points (net) on the field.

teegre
09-17-2018, 07:11 AM
Somewhat true. If he didn't miss the extra point, would the Steelers have gone for the 2 point conversion in the 2nd quarter? Unlikely. So, realistically, Boz left 3 points (net) on the field.

Boz left 4 points for certain (missed FG, missed XP).

But, I can see the logic in not going for the first two-point conversion (and thus, not going for the second). The Chiefs would have been leading 42-40, with the Steelers needing a FG to win.

Crow-Magnon
09-17-2018, 07:33 AM

- - - Updated - - -

I hope you had a happy birthday anyway. I say that with sincerity, as it was also my birthday. Which was partially ruined Thursday night, but semi-restored watching Brady melt down on the sidelines against the Jags.

43Hitman
09-17-2018, 08:06 AM

- - - Updated - - -

I hope you had a happy birthday anyway. I say that with sincerity, as it was also my birthday. Which was partially ruined Thursday night, but semi-restored watching Brady melt down on the sidelines against the Jags.

Happy Birthday to both of you, sorry I missed the thread on this!

Crow-Magnon
09-17-2018, 09:06 AM
By the way, Hollywood, congrats on the Emmy nomination. That's a true accomplishment in and of itself. It's a good show, too!

Dwinsgames
09-17-2018, 09:10 AM

- - - Updated - - -

alright .... Now what I want to know is why wouldn't I and a few others here have known this about you Prior to now since we have " msg board known one another a long time "

Best of luck man #bringItHome

Mojouw
09-17-2018, 09:16 AM
What a great accomplishment. Here's hoping you get the win.

tube517
09-17-2018, 09:26 AM

- - - Updated - - -

Good luck and when you win, wave a Terrible Towel on the way to the stage! :tt02:

Crow-Magnon
09-17-2018, 09:55 AM
Good luck and when you win, wave a Terrible Towel on the way to the stage! :tt02:

I actually lol at that. Truly. Even I would appreciate that. Showing your a true fan is always welcomed. Plus, it would be a real hoot to see the reactions!

steel striker
09-17-2018, 10:32 AM
The good news I don't know but, I think this could be a long year. The offense is going to need to score 40 points a game if they play teams with a good TE.

Steeldude
09-17-2018, 11:38 AM
Which means they will make the same mistakes. I wonder if Tomlin knows the mistake made?

43Hitman
09-17-2018, 12:21 PM

- - - Updated - - -

Fantastic news brother! I'm pulling for you! I also agree that if you and your team win you should definitely wave your terrible towel as you accept the award. :thumbsup:

pczach
09-17-2018, 03:50 PM

- - - Updated - - -

That's awesome! Good luck!

I'm up for anything that distracts us from the fan meltdown that we are experiencing here.

Rotorhead
09-17-2018, 07:32 PM
Wow, good luck!

09-17-2018, 10:09 PM
That sux and was rooting for you Hollywood and dang GOT. Sounds cool being nominated though!

teegre
09-17-2018, 10:14 PM

- - - Updated - - -

I’ll have to add that show to my queue.

09-17-2018, 10:23 PM
I’ll have to add that show to my queue. Just got Hulu back in the other day and might check it out as well.