PDA

View Full Version : Announcing Team for Steelers' Games

DesertSteel
09-16-2018, 05:53 PM
Is Dan Fouts officially now the worst game analyst working the NFL?? He is brutal. There is no analysis, just mostly echoes what Eagle says and I think he's half blind. Really, really bad IMO.

(I might be in a bad mood.)

fansince'76
09-16-2018, 05:54 PM
There is a reason Fouts is on CBS' 4th/5th team - he really does suck as an announcer.

DesertSteel
09-16-2018, 06:20 PM
There is a reason Fouts is on CBS' 4th/5th team - he really does suck as an announcer.
How would a Steelers/Chiefs marquee game that was carried in a lot of out of markets (including here in Arizona) be considered the 4th/5th tier?

fansince'76
09-16-2018, 06:21 PM
How would a Steelers/Chiefs marquee game that was carried in a lot of out of markets (including here in Arizona) be considered the 4th/5th tier?

I have no idea, honestly. :noidea:

tube517
09-16-2018, 07:00 PM
https://www.cbspressexpress.com/cbs-sports/releases/view?id=50810

If this is the correct "ranking" they are the #2 team. That is scary and embarrasing.

DesertSteel
09-16-2018, 07:14 PM
https://www.cbspressexpress.com/cbs-sports/releases/view?id=50810

If this is the correct "ranking" they are the #2 team. That is scary and embarrasing.
His analysis is embarrassing and often wrong.

tube517
09-16-2018, 07:26 PM
All analysts not named Romo are often wrong
His analysis is embarrassing and often wrong.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-8504F using Tapatalk

43Hitman
09-17-2018, 08:49 AM

I agree. Romo is fantastic, I really like listening to him call a game.

steel striker
09-17-2018, 11:36 AM
Man he was bad yesterday and, a few years ago a few raven fans I know were saying the same. For a while I thought Dan was just a hater know we know he is just as bad as the Steeler defense.

DesertSteel
09-17-2018, 11:54 AM
I was watching some highlights from week one with my son this morning. Fouts was calling the Chiefs/Chargers game. T. Hill raced down the sideline for a 91-yard TD and Fouts was talking about how he may have went out of bounds. The replay showed a good 14-18" away from the sideline the whole way. I really think he needs some new glasses. He's blind.

pczach
09-17-2018, 03:43 PM
I was watching some highlights from week one with my son this morning. Fouts was calling the Chiefs/Chargers game. T. Hill raced down the sideline for a 91-yard TD and Fouts was talking about how he may have went out of bounds. The replay showed a good 14-18" away from the sideline the whole way. I really think he needs some new glasses. He's blind.

He didn't know the rule on the play when Ben threw the TD pass but was very close to going beyond the line of scrimmage.

He made several comments during the game that a former NFL quarterback should know....but he was painfully incorrect.

He routinely credits the wrong players for action on the field.

He has no personality whatsoever.

He has no broadcasting skills to speak of.

I don't understand how he has a job. :huh:

Fire Goodell
09-17-2018, 04:29 PM
He didn't know the rule on the play when Ben threw the TD pass but was very close to going beyond the line of scrimmage.

He made several comments during the game that a former NFL quarterback should know....but he was painfully incorrect.

He routinely credits the wrong players for action on the field.

He has no personality whatsoever.

He has no broadcasting skills to speak of.

I don't understand how he has a job. :huh:

Easy to understand, he's Dan Fouts, that's why. If it were you or me making the same gaffes on air, we'd be fired the next day lol. Any player or coach in the NFL that wants a broadcasting job it's pretty much guaranteed if they had moderate success. Even more so for great players like Fouts, even if they're terrible at it.

How did Madden get his job with gems like: "When the ball crosses the goal line, it's a touchdown", or "usually the team with more points at the end of the game wins" nah, ya think? :chuckle:

smokin3000gt
09-17-2018, 07:27 PM

TBH I didn't expect much from him but he does do a very good job