PDA

View Full Version : Roethlisberger accuracy?

analyst69
09-16-2018, 05:11 PM
Did Roethlisberger turn into a dink-and-dunk quarterback? Watching this game he constantly looked for the underneath receiver or tight end. I am going to re-watch the game. It seems like most of his completions were to wide open receivers or check downs to Connor out of the backfield. It seem like all of Ben's deep balls either landed 15 yards out of bounds on the sidelines or were overthrown well past the receiver .Targets in the endzone we're constantly thrown High. To me it almost seems like Ben is afraid to throw the intersections, if the receiver is not wide open he's checking it out of bounds so no one has an opportunity to catch it.

AtlantaDan
09-16-2018, 05:19 PM
LOL

3 TDS 104.3 rating over 450 yards with a bum elbow

86WARD
09-16-2018, 05:21 PM
He wasn’t hitting anything long though is the point of the thread. Ben’s always been pretty good at throwing the deep ball and that’s been missing this season. Not only missing but his throws have been way off and he has been on totally separate pages than AB has been on.

analyst69
09-16-2018, 05:27 PM
A bum elbow the first three plays were passes your quarterback doesn't have a hurt elbow and you call three Pass Place when James Conner runs wild the week prior! You don't attempt 60 passes with a bum elbow. I'm sorry but honestly I think it is more laziness more than anything. Ben and Tomlin obviously think he doesn't need practice IE is preseason snaps and training camp work. And let's hear the comment about oh he's in such great shape he's an NFL quarterback he should be in great shape he gets paid hundreds of millions of dollars to be in shape.

teegre
09-16-2018, 05:30 PM
anal yst 69 :lol:

43Hitman
09-16-2018, 05:34 PM

:toofunny:

Mojouw
09-16-2018, 05:34 PM
Do your parents know your on the computer? Do they know you cant spell or type?

AtlantaDan
09-16-2018, 06:04 PM
He wasn’t hitting anything long though is the point of the thread. Ben’s always been pretty good at throwing the deep ball and that’s been missing this season. Not only missing but his throws have been way off and he has been on totally separate pages than AB has been on.

Ben was missing deep in 2017

And IMO having been at the game and watching him come on and off the field AB is hurt

Mojouw
09-16-2018, 06:18 PM
Ben was missing deep in 2017

And IMO having been at the game and watching him come on and off the field AB is hurt
Didn’t get to see the whole game. But the portions I did see made it clear that the announcers were informed that AB wasn’t right. SOmthing with a calf. Stayed late in the locker room at half to get treatment. Seemed to be something from medical staff that sparked sideline dust-up late in second half of this game.

Dont know why people are making so much of this. PLayer who barely played in preseason is not on same page as Qb who also didn’t play. Then pulls muscle or gets a cramp.

st33lersguy
09-16-2018, 06:45 PM

HAHAHA

fansince'76
09-16-2018, 06:45 PM
I smell :troll:...

analyst69
09-16-2018, 07:41 PM
Yes so very funny, we may be 0-5-1 going into the next Browns game. But Tomlin won't living his fears and and Ben will take responsibility. All the talent on this team Wasted by poor coaching and terrible quarterback play going back to last year Jacksonville game Ben didn't play in the last Browns game last year. The last decent team Roethlisberger beat was last year December 10th against the Ravens. So all the black and gold colored sunglass wearers better wake up this teams headed to a losing record at the end of the season and no playoffs.

st33lersguy
09-16-2018, 07:47 PM
Yep, troll

Shoes
09-16-2018, 07:49 PM
Yes so very funny, we may be 0-5-1 going into the next Browns game. But Tomlin won't living his fears and and Ben will take responsibility. All the talent on this team Wasted by poor coaching and terrible quarterback play going back to last year Jacksonville game Ben didn't play in the last Browns game last year. The last decent team Roethlisberger beat was last year December 10th against the Ravens. So all the black and gold colored sunglass wearers better wake up this teams headed to a losing record at the end of the season and no playoffs.

Cool-Shades, could it be? :lol:

GBMelBlount
09-16-2018, 07:49 PM

Great points analcyst! :drink:

tube517
09-16-2018, 08:11 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSKQ3ZNQ_O8 :hippo:

pczach
09-16-2018, 08:57 PM

Tomlin won't be living in his fears, but what are you living in? Oh...that's right.....your Mom's basement.

Ben is wasting all the talent on this team with his terrible quarterback play? You're wasting our time with idiocy and lack of football knowledge.

You have some real compelling arguments there sport......not.

https://media.giphy.com/media/jzWErKneiZBWE/giphy.gif

st33lersguy
09-16-2018, 09:07 PM
Defense surrenders 42 points. Offense scores 37, yep Ben's fault.

Fire Goodell
09-17-2018, 12:10 AM
Great points analcyst! :drink:

Lol

analyst69
09-17-2018, 10:22 AM
0-5-1

Moose
09-17-2018, 10:39 AM
37 pts should win a game easily ! Defense is the problem !

polamalubeast
09-17-2018, 11:16 AM
How many wins did Brady or Rodgers have in their career when their defense give up at least 40 points in a game?

analyst69
09-17-2018, 11:17 AM
I guess I wasnt the only one who watched the game without my black and gold sunglasses on yesterday !

Barry Reeger | Special to PennLive)

Though he played well down the stretch, the Steelers had to chase the game – in part – because Roethlisberger was significantly less accurate than Patrick Mahomes. On at least six occasions, Roethlisberger overthrew open receivers. That's once per 10 throws and one more overthrow of an open receiver than Mahomes had incompletions all game.

Still, the quarterback is due plenty of credit for keeping Pittsburgh in the game, especially with Antonio Brown often contained. Roethlisberger finished with 452 yards from 39-of-60 passing with 1 sack and 3 touchdowns while getting out dueled by Mahomes.

Mojouw
09-17-2018, 11:48 AM
I guess I wasnt the only one who watched the game without my black and gold sunglasses on yesterday !

Barry Reeger | Special to PennLive)

Though he played well down the stretch, the Steelers had to chase the game – in part – because Roethlisberger was significantly less accurate than Patrick Mahomes. On at least six occasions, Roethlisberger overthrew open receivers. That's once per 10 throws and one more overthrow of an open receiver than Mahomes had incompletions all game.

Still, the quarterback is due plenty of credit for keeping Pittsburgh in the game, especially with Antonio Brown often contained. Roethlisberger finished with 452 yards from 39-of-60 passing with 1 sack and 3 touchdowns while getting out dueled by Mahomes.

Ok. So that guy agrees with you. Very good. But then we have to ask who that guy is. A quick Google search indicates that Barry Reager is a freelance photojournalist stationed in Western PA. He appears to have a Twitter and blog focus on Steelers. Maybe he likes football and is trying to make some money at going to games and establishing a "brand" as a Steelers "analyst". The question is, what experience and depth of knowledge does Reeger have? By a short internet search it appears he has the same level of experience and knowledge as any NFL fan and further he appears to be basing his critique on nothing more than the TV broadcast.

None of this leads me to believe that I should give his opinion any more weight than anyone elses. So if we have 70 people lined up on one side of the issue and 30 people on the other and the side with more people also has almost all the knowledgeable football people -- what does that tell you?

vasteeler
09-17-2018, 12:00 PM
My fault...I know to stay away after a loss