PDA

View Full Version : 2010 NFL Power Rankings(ESPN): Week 3(steelers 5th)!

polamalubeast
09-21-2010, 06:22 PM
1 (1) Saints 2-0-0 New Orleans will find out Reggie Bush's value while RB recovers from injury (Sando)
2 (2) Packers 2-0-0 It doesn't matter who plays running back if the passing game and defense continue to dominate (Walker)
3 (7) Texans 2-0-0 They have two wins that mean more than a 2-0 record (Kuharsky)
4 (5) Colts 1-1-0 The Colts' rebound was encouraging, but the Giants weren't smart (Kuharsky)
5 (10) Steelers 2-0-0 With a punishing defense, it's scary to think how good the Steelers will be when QB Ben Roethlisberger returns (Walker)
6 (11) Jets 1-1-0 See what happens when things get easier for Mark Sanchez? The completions start coming (Clayton)
7 (15) Dolphins 2-0-0 With games against the Jets and Pats in the next two weeks, the Dolphins can find out where they are in the AFC East (Clayton)
8 (3) Ravens 1-1-0 Averaging 10 points per game just isn't going to cut it (Walker)
9 (4) Patriots 1-1-0 Bill Belichick won't let the Pats panic after losing a road game against the Jets (Clayton)
10 (13) Falcons 1-1-0 Depth at running back took a hit without production slipping at all (Sando)

read more

http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings

steelpride12
09-21-2010, 06:47 PM
Damn I don't want the nation to see us ranked high, Oh well good to see were moving up!

The Duke
09-21-2010, 07:16 PM
I would put them at 31

that's how much I care about power rankings

But I still can't put them behind the bills :chuckle:

GoSlash27
09-21-2010, 07:22 PM
15th. #1 in defense, #31 in offense.

CPanther95
09-21-2010, 07:54 PM
ESPN & NFL.com: 5th
CBS Sports: 4th
FOX Sports and NBC Sports: 2nd

Nadroj 20
09-21-2010, 08:08 PM
Whatever.

venom
09-22-2010, 07:02 AM
Put us back at # 16 . Out of sight , out of mind

Dino 6 Rings
09-22-2010, 11:29 AM
YEAH! My favorite...

1 Saints (They struggled to win this past weekend, and their offense isn't as dominant as last year. But I don't see anyone else "shining" enough to take them out.)
2. Packers (Lots of offense and the new look defense is doing well enough. Big game Monday to make a statement.)
3. Texans (Beat the Boys this weekend and I'll start to put some Faith in you, but 3 is too high for you, you lack the winning experience.)
4. Colts (Cause beating your little brother and his generic offense is so impressive...not. Too high.)
5. Steelers (Hard to comment, but this is too high for a team that can't score on offense.)
6. Jets (Holy crap, one freaking home win and you get ranked this high? Seriously. How's that drunk receiver doing? Do the Are you kidding me with this ranking?)
7. Dolphins. (I actually would have the Dolphins higher, there is a ton of talent on this team and they are very well coached. They are a good overall team right now.)
8. Ravens (Lost to the Bengals, but ranked so high? Really? Why cause the refs had it in for them? Joke ranking)
9. Patriots. (Looked really bad compared to week 1, this could be about right for them at this point.)
10. Falcons (yeah, you can whoop up on a team that hasn't had a defense in years at home, but couldn't move the ball on the Steelers.)
11. Bengals (oh my, one win at home and the love starts already for the tweeters.)
12. Bears (actually playing good ball, the game of the week could be the Packers Bears matchup this weekend.)
13. Chargers. (who shows up this week? The good chargers, or the suck arse chargers?)
14. Redskins. (Tough loss to a pretty good team in OT this is about right for them til their defense gets a little better.)
15. Titans (Can't run, Can't Pass, Bench your QB, chatter in the Locker Room, blame the refs. Yeah, 15 is being NICE.)
16. Eagles. (With VIck starting this weekend, we'll get a good idea of what to expect from them the rest of the year, McCoy played great last week, if he keeps it up, watch out.)
17. Cowboys (Lose this week and you drop into the 28 slot.)
18. Vikings (Favre needs someone to throw the ball to, but it isn't his fault that they couldnt' score inside the 5 with peterson running the ball 4 times. Or however it broke down. All I know is he got stuffed by the Dolphins when it mattered.)
19. Giants. (Typical Giants, boring offense, good defense, they'll be in the hunt at the end. Move them up this week after they beat the Titans.)
20. Chiefs. (Talent all over the roster, like to see them creeping up the chart.)
21. Bucs (Beat a couple bad teams, now lets see what you really are this weekend.)
22. Broncos (who are you, who who, who who.)
23. 49ers (tough opening game loss of total garbage, followed by a last minute choke job at home. Too bad, you'll still win the NFC West.)
24. Cardinals. (You really have fallen on hard times. Lucky for you the Bills suck much worse.)
25. Jags. (Haven't you moved to L.A. Yet?)
26. Seahawks. (Hello Doctor Jeckel, I'd like to introduce you to Mr Hyde. No Idenity for this team. 6 wins for the season max.)
27. Raiders. (who is your qb this week?)
28. Panthers. (Seriously...when is Cowher getting the call? Like for real?)
29. Lions. (Not a bad offense at this point, that Best kid isn't bad, the Defense needs a ton of help though.)
30. Browns (really? You're that bad? I mean, Really? Weren't you supposed to be at least half way good this year?)
31. Rams. (You lost to the Cardinals and Raiders. 24 and 27. Man I thought you'd at least have a chance this year at 5 wins. Come on already.)
32. Bills. (The WORST TEAM of all Time. I don't care, this team has already given up on the season. They are a pathetic joke at this point and should move to Oklahoma City and call themselves the Cow Hooves or something. So bad.)

fansince'76
09-22-2010, 11:31 AM
BCS, here we come! :tt02:

:chuckle:

LayOffTheDopeTanard
09-22-2010, 08:22 PM
My Power Rankings

1. New Orleans Saints (2-0) - Defending champs and are still undefeated. Until they lose, I am going to keep them at #1.

2. Green Bay Packers (2-0) - Aaron Rodgers and the offense continues to shine and Clay Matthews looks to be making a run at DPOY.

3. Pittsburgh Steelers (2-0) - Defense has been straight up nasty and they have been winning without Big Ben which is pretty impressve.

4. Houston Texans (2-0) - Their offense is probably the best int he NFL and I think they are for real this season. Just need a little bit of help on the defensive side of the ball.

5. Indianapolis Colts (1-1) - After a dissapointing week 1, the Colts came on strong and destroyed the Giants in week 2. Don't know why people were actually worried about this team after the loss in week 1.

6. Baltimore Ravens (1-1) - They've got an excellent defense, but their offense really needs to step it up. Joe Flacco has been awful in the first 2 games.

7. Miami Dolphins (2-0) - I think the Dolphins are flying under the radar and were very underrated coming into this season. Their D played excellent against the Vikings, forcing many key turnovers, and their offense did enough to win. Their next 2 games with the Jets and Patriots should help us see how good they really are.

8. New York Jets (1-1) - Their defense is insane and Mark Sanchez looked much better against the Patriots than he did in week 1 vs. the Ravens. If he can continue to play like that, the Jets will be very hard to beat.

9. New England Patriots (1-1) - After an impressive win against the Bengals in week 1, the Patriots fell flat against the Jets. Their secondary needs a lot of work.

10. Cincinatti Bengals (1-1) - Bengals had a huge win against the Ravens after a week 1 loss to New England. They didn't want to start the season off 0-2. Make that 8 straight division wins for them.

11. San Diego Chargers (1-1) - Came out strong and destroyed the Jags after a dissapointing loss on MNF. I think the Chargers will be fine.

12. Atlanta Falcons (1-1) - After their offense got shut down by the Steelers in week, they came out firing against the Cardinals and put up 41 points in an impressive win.

13. Tennessee Titans (1-1) - Defense looks solid, but their offense looked terrible on Sunday. It was, however to their credit, the Steelers defense.

14. Washington Redskins (1-1) - Almost beat an impressive Texans team and should of, but Kubiak's icing the kicker routine worked out. Tough loss for the Redskins.

15. Chicago Bears (2-0) - Wasn't expecting them to start off 2-0, but Jay Cutler has looked really good and has this offense on track.

16. Dallas Cowboys (0-2) - Starting off on a terrible note. Coaching has been very poor and they have lost their first 2 games. I think the Cowboys will soon get on track though. They have too much talent.

17. Philadelphia Eagles (1-1) - Vick looked great, but too bad the Eagles are going to stick with Kolb. Their defense needs some work. Jahvid Best had a field day on them and they beat the Lions by only 3 points.

18. New York Giants (1-1) - Played like complete crap against the Colts and both sides of the ball looked lost. They need some work.

19. Minnesota Vikings (0-2) - Without Rice, this team is really struggling. Favre is looking like his oldself throwing INT's all over the place and his receivers aren't helping him out much at all either. Defense looks decent, but it isn't good enough to win them games.

20. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2-0) - Defense looks excellent and Josh Freeman is taking some big strides. Don't know if the winning will continue next week against Pittsburgh, but I love the direction this team is headed in.

21. Kansas City Chiefs (2-0) - Defense looks pretty good, but their offense needs some work. I'm not liking what I am seeing from Cassell and they need to give Charles some more touches.

22. Jacksonville Jaguars (1-1) - Looked decent week 1 against the Broncos, but the Chargers killed them in week 2. Which Jaguars team is the real one?

23. Denver Broncos (1-1) - I liked what I saw from them on Sunday. Defense played solid and Kyle Orton was very impressive as they beat up on the Seahawks.

24. Seattle Seahawks (1-1) - After a convincing win in week 1, the Seahawks played like crap aginst the Broncos in week 2. Just like the Jaguars, which Seahawks team is the real one?

25. San Fransisco 49ers (0-2) - The 49ers made the MNF game a lot better of a game than most people were expecting. The 49ers offense looked good for the most part, but costly turnovers ruined the game for them. Looked much better than they did in week 1 though.

26. Oakland Raiders(1-1) - Defense looked a lot better this week against the Rams, and the offense started to get things going. McFadden had a great game and Gradkowski looked decent.

27. Arizona Cardinals (1-1) - After barely getting by the Rams, the Cardinals got destroyed by the Falcons. This team is crap without Kurt Warner.

28. Carolina Panthers (0-2) - Matt Moore played so bad that he had to be taken out of the game and be replaced with rookie QB Jimmy Clausen. We'll see how this change goes for them next week.

29. Detroit Lions (0-2) - Lions were almost able to squeak out a win against the Eagles, but fell short. Their offense looks good, but their defense still needs some work. Jahvid Best is going to be a special player for them.

30. Cleveland Browns (0-2) - Defense doesn't look bad, but their offense can't seem to get anything going.

31. St. Louis Rams (0-2) - Bradford looked solid again against the Raiders. I think the Rams are headed in the right directions.

32. Buffalo Bills (0-2) - Packers beat up on the Bills pretty bad. The Bills need a lot of work. Chan Gailey announced that Ryan Fitzpatrick will now start instead of Trent Edwards. I don't think that will help much.

BTW, fansince76, BEST. SIG. EVER. LOL, I have the same smile at my board.