PDA

View Full Version : Switzer looks like a good pickup

Fire Goodell
09-11-2018, 02:57 PM
I liked what I saw from this kid, dude's got a serious pair and seems fearless returning punts. He has enough explosiveness to take it to the house, and I think he will at some point this year. It feels nice to finally have a return man who's good enough to never have to put AB back there, and I think sooner or later, teams are going to stop trying to give us returnable kickoffs (seems to have worked vs us in the past). I don't think a single time Switzer was dropped behind the 25 on a KO return.

Also if he can make his mark as a #4 wr, he might be an upgrade over Rogers. So far I'd say he was a steal for a late round pick.

tube517
09-11-2018, 02:58 PM
Nice having kicks returned past the 18 yard line.

FrancoLambert
09-11-2018, 03:59 PM
Definitely an upgrade in the “finding a replacement for AB” search.

Shoes
09-11-2018, 06:54 PM
I think he'll go to the house a few times this year.

polamalubeast
09-11-2018, 06:55 PM
I hope Colbert will continue to make trades with Jon Gruden and the Raiders!

Shoes
09-11-2018, 07:05 PM
I hope Colbert will continue to make trades with Jon Gruden and the Raiders!

:chuckle:

Fire Goodell
09-11-2018, 07:06 PM
I hear they got a 2nd round pick from the bears, hmm is it against league rules to get in talks to work out a sign and trade deal for Bell? :chuckle:

Cause you know they must have freed up a lot of cap space by trading Mack :chuckle:

teegre
09-12-2018, 06:04 AM
I hear they got a 2nd round pick from the bears, hmm is it against league rules to get in talks to work out a sign and trade deal for Bell? :chuckle:

Cause you know they must have freed up a lot of cap space by trading Mack :chuckle:

:nod:

SteelMember
09-12-2018, 08:56 AM
I thought he did pretty good in the return game, but would have preferred to see Washington more in the offense.
He had a sweep play for not much and at least one target that he dropped...

steelreserve
09-12-2018, 09:20 AM
Did you know that the injury rate per play for kick and punt returners is less than half that of wide receivers? It's the other players on return and coverage teams who get hurt more often.

I would rather have AB returning punts, since it is a lower-risk way of getting the ball to our best playmaker than by throwing it to him.

If we choose to continue to remain ignorant of this fact, then I guess Switzer is better than most of the other randos we've had back there.