PDA

View Full Version : Colin Cowherd: ‘Being a Pittsburgh Steelers fan is the world’s greatest roller coaster ride’

polamalubeast
09-10-2018, 02:50 PM
watch the video

https://www.foxsports.com/watch/the-herd-with-colin-cowherd/video/1316786243885

polamalubeast
09-10-2018, 03:02 PM
Cowherd is 100% right on it!!!!

Dwinsgames
09-10-2018, 03:07 PM
so much truth ...

hate to say it because it has been said 1000 times here and mimicked 10,000 more ... but who sets culture ? who allows culture to continue ? who controls the team ? ...

so no I wont say it I will let you say it

polamalubeast
09-10-2018, 03:16 PM
so much truth ...

hate to say it because it has been said 1000 times here and mimicked 10,000 more ... but who sets culture ? who allows culture to continue ? who controls the team ? ...

so no I wont say it I will let you say it

Mike Tomlin is like Mike McCarthy (in the good and the bad) and Pete Carroll (also in good and the bad, since the seahawks have so much drama too)

BlackAndGold
09-10-2018, 04:17 PM
It all starts with the head coach, but that won't change because the Rooney's have this thought of keeping a coach basically until he doesn't want the job. "letting the coach, coach"(exaggeration but I'm sure ppl will get the point) Which makes me do an eye roll.

If the wheels fall off this season, or another early playoff exit, it's time to start thinking about moving on.

DesertSteel
09-10-2018, 04:23 PM
We're 0-0-1...... The wheels are definitely off!

polamalubeast
09-10-2018, 04:25 PM
It all starts with the head coach, but that won't change because the Rooney's have this thought of keeping a coach basically until he doesn't want the job. "letting the coach, coach" Which makes me do an eye roll.

If the wheels fall off this season, or another early playoff exit, it's time to start thinking about moving on.

I do not disagree with you but it's not going to happen even if our season is a disaster.

But yes, the seasons are so frustrating with Tomlin

Tomlin lost to a worse QB than the Steelers 5 times in the playoffs, and that's too much, especially with only 8 playoffs win.

Cowher lost to a better QB than the steelers only once(1994).And our defense was responsible for his losses in at least 3 in that.

Much less underachieve season under Cowher too (only in 2006 for me)

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-10-2018, 05:14 PM
I will not watch the video as Cowturd is the 2nd worst sports talk personality next to Skip Bayless.

Dwinsgames
09-10-2018, 05:16 PM
I will not watch the video as Cowturd is the 2nd worst sports talk personality next to Skip Bayless.

sometimes he makes sense .... this is one of those times

polamalubeast
09-10-2018, 05:19 PM
sometimes he makes sense .... this is one of those times

and for Le'veon Bell too...

Mojouw
09-10-2018, 05:32 PM
Let's see...none of this actually bears out. Based on the little bit of his argument I can follow.

For 2018, the 4 most penalized teams were all from 2 games. In other words, did we happen to have the 4 most undisciplined teams play each other on the opening week, or did we get two pretty flag happy crews?

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/penalties-per-game

Look at 2017 -- middle of the pack in penalties. 1.2 per game behind the top team and 3 less than the worst -- https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/penalties-per-game?date=2018-02-05. Similar rank in 2016 and then in 2015 they were one of the 6 least penalized teams in the league. And in 2014 back to the middle of the pack; around a penalty more per game -- so basically the "Mike Mitchell Effect". So basically, I stopped checking because Cowherd doesn't have much of a leg to stand on here.

Then there is something about distractions or what not. Hmmmmm....anyone think that being one of the 5 most popular NFL franchises on the planet might have something to do with everything associated with the team becoming a circus? I mean the entire Carolina Panthers team could hold out and like 1200 people might sorta care.

Pick any NFL team and I can find an equivalent or worse story for anything that has happened regarding the Steelers in the last 18 months.

Mojouw
09-10-2018, 05:40 PM
I do not disagree with you but it's not going to happen even if our season is a disaster.

But yes, the seasons are so frustrating with Tomlin

Tomlin lost to a worse QB than the Steelers 5 times in the playoffs, and that's too much, especially with only 8 playoffs win.

Cowher lost to a better QB than the steelers only once(1994).And our defense was responsible for his losses in at least 3 in that.

Much less underachieve season under Cowher too (only in 2006 for me)

And if we think through that comparison we can conclude that it is "neat" number to throw around but may not mean anything.

For Cowher's entire tenure, every QB he played in the playoffs was better than the QB he rolled out there. With the exception of Jake Plummer in Ben's second year. So I mean, I would hope that in 15 year career he would've learned how to beat superior QB's.

For Tomlin, other than Brady, Rodgers, and Manning; he has always had the better QB.

I'm not sure how much a comparison of playoff wins based on QBs tells you. For most of Cowher's tenure as coach you could've started a trained dog at QB as long as it could hand off 35 times a game.

polamalubeast
09-10-2018, 05:52 PM
And if we think through that comparison we can conclude that it is "neat" number to throw around but may not mean anything.

For Cowher's entire tenure, every QB he played in the playoffs was better than the QB he rolled out there. With the exception of Jake Plummer in Ben's second year. So I mean, I would hope that in 15 year career he would've learned how to beat superior QB's.

For Tomlin, other than Brady, Rodgers, and Manning; he has always had the better QB.

I'm not sure how much a comparison of playoff wins based on QBs tells you. For most of Cowher's tenure as coach you could've started a trained dog at QB as long as it could hand off 35 times a game.

The arm of Peyton Manning was dead in our playoff meeting against the broncos in 2015...But I can not criticize Tomlin on this defeat, because so many injuries for the steelers in this game ....

For Cowher, a good QB was very important, since Cowher needed a QB capable of do big passing play to compliment his running game .... 2004 and 2005 Roethlisberger had a very high YPA ... close to 9 yards by pass attempts.

The way we lose in playoffs under Tomlin is very frustrating ..... Like last year, or against Tebow or the other loss against the jaguars in 2007, when he was too conservative when we had the ball with a 29-28 lead and Ben was on fire in the second half ...

Cowher .... his QB had always been the missing piece.1995,1997,2001 Cowher was not lucky, since the Steelers lost a close game despite his QB had an atrocious game with 3 interceptions in crucial moments.

DesertSteel
09-10-2018, 06:26 PM
Can't disagree with him.

Hawkman
09-10-2018, 06:49 PM
Let's see...none of this actually bears out. Based on the little bit of his argument I can follow.

For 2018, the 4 most penalized teams were all from 2 games. In other words, did we happen to have the 4 most undisciplined teams play each other on the opening week, or did we get two pretty flag happy crews?

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/penalties-per-game

Look at 2017 -- middle of the pack in penalties. 1.2 per game behind the top team and 3 less than the worst -- https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/penalties-per-game?date=2018-02-05. Similar rank in 2016 and then in 2015 they were one of the 6 least penalized teams in the league. And in 2014 back to the middle of the pack; around a penalty more per game -- so basically the "Mike Mitchell Effect". So basically, I stopped checking because Cowherd doesn't have much of a leg to stand on here.

Then there is something about distractions or what not. Hmmmmm....anyone think that being one of the 5 most popular NFL franchises on the planet might have something to do with everything associated with the team becoming a circus? I mean the entire Carolina Panthers team could hold out and like 1200 people might sorta care.

Pick any NFL team and I can find an equivalent or worse story for anything that has happened regarding the Steelers in the last 18 months.

EXACTLY! Just check in with anything Dallas Cowboys......America’s team.

- - - Updated - - -

The arm of Peyton Manning was dead in our playoff meeting against the broncos in 2015...But I can not criticize Tomlin on this defeat, because so many injuries for the steelers in this game ....

For Cowher, a good QB was very important, since Cowher needed a QB capable of do big passing play to compliment his running game .... 2004 and 2005 Roethlisberger had a very high YPA ... close to 9 yards by pass attempts.

The way we lose in playoffs under Tomlin is very frustrating ..... Like last year, or against Tebow or the other loss against the jaguars in 2007, when he was too conservative when we had the ball with a 29-28 lead and Ben was on fire in the second half ...

Cowher .... his QB had always been the missing piece.1995,1997,2001 Cowher was not lucky, since the Steelers lost a close game despite his QB had an atrocious game with 3 interceptions in crucial moments.

Wasn’t it Cowher who didn’t want to draft Ben.....or any QB in the first round for that matter.

polamalubeast
09-10-2018, 06:52 PM
Wasn’t it Cowher who didn’t want to draft Ben.....or any QB in the first round for that matter.

I'm talking about Cowher the head coach, not Cowher the GM.

teegre
09-10-2018, 09:02 PM
Cowherd always brings up how weak the AFC North is. :jerkit:

First of all, until the Eagles won the Super Bowl, the AFC North was the only division to have multiple teams win a Super Bowl (Steelers, Ravens) in the past 15 years.

Everyone knows that the Browns suck. But, Cowherd thinks that the current Bengals teams are akin to those in the 90s (while he simultaneously thinks the Bills from the 90s are somehow still playing now). The Bills are more like the Browns... and neither is anywhere near as good as the Bengals.

Lastly, not only have the Ravens & Bengals made the playoffs regularly, there are a few seasons where the AFC North has THREE teams make the playoffs.

2008 Ravens
2009 Ravens AND Bengals
2010 Ravens
2011 Ravens AND Bengals
2012 Ravens AND Bengals
2013 Bengals
2014 Ravens AND Bengals
2015 Bengals

Moose
09-11-2018, 12:35 PM
Roller coasters make me sick....especially when consuming alcohol or buzzed ! Just like the Steeler's season :puke: So I guess he's right.

Lady Steel
09-13-2018, 04:07 AM
I know I had a splitting headache at the end of the game.

tom444
09-13-2018, 04:19 AM

Cowherd is an acquired taste plus he always has an attractive(aka hot)co-host.

https://sportsradiopd.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/leahy-e1441314737664.jpg

tube517
09-13-2018, 07:49 AM
Been a fan far too long. I don't need this clown to tell me it's a roller coaster ride.

Moose
09-13-2018, 08:05 AM
There's time that the season seems like it's hitting a brick wall:frusty:

teegre
09-13-2018, 08:36 AM
The Steelers are a rollercoaster.

The Browns are that bathroom stall where someone threw up all over the place.

The Packers are Freefall/Demon Drop/Lex Luther's revenge... they are the “BEST” ride, but really, they have a long wait for only one good part.

The Bears are It’s A Small World: a classic that is no longer relevant.

The Bengals are the hooligans who aren’t riding rides, but just walk around knocking over the trashcans.

The Redskins are the crows from “The Song of the South.”

The Taperiots are those a$$holes who fake an injury (wear a fake cast) in order to get to the front of the line.