PDA

View Full Version : Ben on Bell the browns and more

Dwinsgames
09-05-2018, 10:29 AM
Le’Veon Bell’s locker is still intact and remains stocked with clothing and other items. But when many of the Pittsburgh Steelers retreated to their locker room at the UPMC Rooney Sports Complex after morning meetings, it again had no player sitting at it.

https://triblive.com/sports/steelers/14048844-74/ben-roethlisberger-i-have-no-idea-when-the-still-absent-leveon-bell-will

DesertSteel
09-05-2018, 10:40 AM
Clearly Bell's agenda is a Mack-like move, even if the circumstances are wildly different, contractually. I think he's too dumb to know the difference, to be serious. If the Steelers rescind, which is what he is after, I believe, he can sign with anyone and the Steelers get nothing. I don't think they will do that. I'm not sure what the best move is for the Steelers is at this point. I'm really not liking any of the options if he doesn't show up.

I guess the best move is to let him remain out all season. He's a prideful guy who's also dumb enough to do that. In that case, it costs the Steelers nothing.

Neversatisfied
09-05-2018, 10:48 AM
Bell has a unique situation, he is very talented but at the same time very unreliable not to mention selfish. The Steelers will get nothing in return for Bell ( when they lose him) and that is bad news for the Steelers. Bell has tarnished any credibility he had as a team player and there will be a number of teams reluctant to bring him in to an organization. At this point it's a no win situation for either party.

Fire Goodell
09-05-2018, 11:11 AM
I don't know how this helps him to be honest. He can't get traded unless he signs the tag, and he can't get offered an extension since he didn't sign before the extension deadline.

Not showing up until week 10, yes, less wear and tear on your body. But you're also showing the rest of the NFL that you're not a team player, which has to make his stock drop some. And not to mention he's giving up almost a million every game.

polamalubeast
09-05-2018, 11:15 AM
I don't know how this helps him to be honest. He can't get traded unless he signs the tag, and he can't get offered an extension since he didn't sign before the extension deadline.

Not showing up until week 10, yes, less wear and tear on your body. But you're also showing the rest of the NFL that you're not a team player, which has to make his stock drop some. And not to mention he's giving up almost a million every game.

If our offense performs well as in the second half of 2015 without Bell(6 games in a row with 30+ points and 3 of his games was against top 5 defense) and with Conner being good or better than DeAngelo in 2015, Bell's reputation will be destroyed as player.

DesertSteel
09-05-2018, 11:18 AM
Bell has a unique situation, he is very talented but at the same time very unreliable not to mention selfish. The Steelers will get nothing in return for Bell ( when they lose him) and that is bad news for the Steelers. Bell has tarnished any credibility he had as a team player and there will be a number of teams reluctant to bring him in to an organization. At this point it's a no win situation for either party.
Yeah the teams that don't care about his me-first agenda will be the same loser teams that are willing to overpay for his declining services ---- and remain losers.

- - - Updated - - -

He is trying to force the RESCIND so that he becomes a free agent. I'm about 90% sure that's what's happening. It might work too. But the Steelers have nothing to lose in calling his game of chicken.

AtlantaDan
09-05-2018, 11:38 AM
:toofunny: