PDA

View Full Version : Landry Jones Called Josh Dobbs to Congratulate Him on the Promotion

pczach
09-04-2018, 06:37 PM
Class act: Landry Jones called to congratulate Josh Dobbs on the promotion

https://usatsteelerswire.files.wordpress.com/2018/09/usatsi_11182728.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

Class act: Landry Jones called to congratulate Josh Dobbs on the promotion

By Curt Popejoy (https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/author/curt-popejoy/)18 hours ago

The biggest news from the Pittsburgh Steelers over the holiday week was the release of quarterback Landry Jones and subsequent promotion of Josh Dobbs. After practice on Monday Dobbs talked about the call he got from offensive coordinator Randy Fichtner and then he got a second call from Landry Jones which was pretty impressive.

Despite being brought to a team where he knew he was destined to only be the backup, Jones has always been a consummate professional. Calling to congratulate Dobbs and wish him is just par for the course for the course

The next steps for Jones are unclear at this point. He is likely to sit a week because teams want to hold off when it comes to signing veterans so they don’t have to pay their old salary. As for Dobbs, he’s going to be busy this week getting ready to back up Ben Roethlisberger as they prepare to take on the Cleveland Browns.

https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2018/09/04/class-act-landry-jones-called-to-congratulate-josh-dobbs-on-the-promotion/?utm_source=outbrain_steelerswire&utm_medium=recirc&utm_campaign=rail

That was a very classy move by Jones. I wish him the best and hope he has success somewhere else.

SteelersCanadian
09-04-2018, 06:48 PM
He'll latch on somewhere else. He's better than people give him credit for and he's smart enough with the right attitude to be a team's longstanding #2.

Craic
09-04-2018, 06:50 PM
Funny, after he got cut on Saturday, I started to wonder what it't be like for him and his wife (and young children?) after living somewhere five years. Suddenly, they have to think about packing up and moving, and that's if he can even get a job as a backup. No longer has a paycheck for bills coming due, and even if he has money in the bank, it's not a fun thing to see that number dwindle.

For all of my dislike of Landry Jones the football player, he seems like a great person and I wish him the best of luck.

Dwinsgames
09-04-2018, 07:24 PM
Funny, after he got cut on Saturday, I started to wonder what it't be like for him and his wife (and young children?) after living somewhere five years. Suddenly, they have to think about packing up and moving, and that's if he can even get a job as a backup. No longer has a paycheck for bills coming due, and even if he has money in the bank, it's not a fun thing to see that number dwindle.

For all of my dislike of Landry Jones the football player, he seems like a great person and I wish him the best of luck.

this ...

was a total class act to call Dobbs

Shoes
09-04-2018, 07:26 PM
Hope he finds another team, always seemed like a really nice guy.

DesertSteel
09-04-2018, 11:31 PM
Not surprising at all. Jones is a good Christian and is well respected by all his teammates. Regardless of what's next, he played 6 years in the NFL. That's a great achievement.

steelreserve
09-05-2018, 01:18 AM
If someone else is willing to pay him money to not win football games, that's fine, hope it works out for him. Can't hold any ill will toward the guy, but it was time to move on.

86WARD
09-05-2018, 08:10 AM
As Ben put it, the place that Jones could really be missed is on the sidelines. There was a level of trust there between Ben and Jones. Dobbs is a smart kid...as long as he’s football smart on the sideline, this is an upgrade. If not, even though Dobbs seems more talented on field, this could be a bad move if Landry was smarter/more helpful on the sideline...

Dwinsgames
09-05-2018, 09:30 AM
As Ben put it, the place that Jones could really be missed is on the sidelines. There was a level of trust there between Ben and Jones. Dobbs is a smart kid...as long as he’s football smart on the sideline, this is an upgrade. If not, even though Dobbs seems more talented on field, this could be a bad move if Landry was smarter/more helpful on the sideline...

funny thing is Jones got a lot of heat for not seeing the field when he was on it , but gets praised for seeing it when he was not on it ...

Edman
09-05-2018, 09:50 AM
I don't like Landry Jones the quarterback, but I have no problem with Landry Jones the person. Best of luck to him.

I can see Landry Jones having a pretty good future as a coach in football.

steel striker
09-05-2018, 09:54 AM
Landry showed he is a class act like several have mentioned and, the move did surprise me to Dobbs. I hope Landry can get on another team and, is a capable back up QB.

st33lersguy
09-05-2018, 10:17 AM
Landry does seem to have class and be a good person so at least there is that.

ALLD
09-05-2018, 07:59 PM
Jones should go coach in the NCAA.

teegre
09-05-2018, 08:29 PM
I don't like Landry Jones the quarterback, but I have no problem with Landry Jones the person. Best of luck to him.

I can see Landry Jones having a pretty good future as a coach in football.

/thread

Craic
09-05-2018, 10:52 PM
Jones should go coach in the NCAA.

Heck, hire him as the QB coach. He does seem to have the head for it. Then again, we've kind of seen what happens when we bring back former players as coaches.

Mojouw
09-05-2018, 11:10 PM
Heck, hire him as the QB coach. He does seem to have the head for it. Then again, we've kind of seen what happens when we bring back former players as coaches.

I actually really like that idea. Maybe next year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk