PDA

View Full Version : Ben surprises Mayo Clinic doctor and patient

AtlantaDan
09-04-2018, 10:28 AM
While recognizing he is the greatest QB in Steelers history, I give Ben the business on here a lot for playing the diva on his Tuesday morning radio show and for early career misconduct such as Milledgeville

So I wanted to pass along this nice story on Ben surprising a doctor and patient at the Mayo Clinic who had an autographed football with a fake Ben signature

"Hey, Seth. Hey Doctor Stu. Ben Roethlisberger here, sitting in our practice locker room getting ready to go out for practice. I wanted to shoot you a quick note to say ‘Thank You for being Steelers fans’. I appreciate your guy's support. I saw your video online. Doctor Stu, how you gave the football to Seth, I thought that was really, really cool. But something kind of caught me off guard; that the autograph wasn't mine....

So I just wanted to send you a video just to let you know that I appreciate you guy's support. And Seth why don't you check with your mom? She might have something for you … and you too, Doc. And Doc, thanks for all you do. You're a true hero. Seth, keep up the good fight brother. Pulling for you, praying for you and thanks for your support. Alright pal, talk to you later."

After the video, Julie uncovered two signed Roethlisberger footballs.
The first was signed “Seth – You are the MAN!”
The second was signed “Dr. Stulak you are a real hero!”

https://www.kaaltv.com/sports/steelers-player-surprises-mayo-clinic-doctor-and-patient/5055752/

DesertSteel
09-04-2018, 10:31 AM
#coolstorybro

GBMelBlount
09-04-2018, 11:05 AM
Ben has grown in a lot of ways beyond pure "quarterbacking".

vasteeler
09-04-2018, 11:52 AM
The doctor must have had Big boobs

pczach
09-04-2018, 01:00 PM
With all the nonsense we've been talking about on this message board lately, it's great to see something like this.

Thanks for posting this Dan.

Shoes
09-04-2018, 01:46 PM
Great work Ben!

86WARD
09-05-2018, 08:19 AM
Surprising other media outlets didn’t pick this up...lol. I like how Ben does these things without the glitz and glory.

AtlantaDan
09-05-2018, 08:28 AM
Surprising other media outlets didn’t pick this up...lol. I like how Ben does these things without the glitz and glory.

I only found out about it because Mark Kaboly (IMO the best local Steelers reporter) tweeted the link to the story