PDA

View Full Version : Week 1: Cleveland Browns.

Edman
09-02-2018, 03:14 PM
Steelers Season is back.

The Steelers begin their 2018 quest for #7 in a week one opener against the Fecal Matter in Cleveland. Ben only played one preseason game, Brown hasn't played at all, and Bell is doing his annual offseason disappearance. So, all signs are pointing to rust and that trademark Tomlin unpreparedness coming out. This is also Cleveland's Super Bowl. They've been talking a ton of crap about this game on hard knocks.

I don't expect the Offense to be in top form and it just may be another slog like last year. If there is any chance at a loss to the Browns, it may be this one. Ugly win or ugly loss. Knowing the mental makeup of this team and coaching, they go into this thinking they can just show up and they'll win.

17-13 Steelers.

Mojouw
09-02-2018, 03:15 PM
Cleveland's defense will be pretty good this year. Offense should be improved with Taylor at QB and Haley stopping Hue from doing Hue Jackson things.

I think the Steelers eek out an ugly win.

HollywoodSteel
09-02-2018, 03:27 PM
Steelers Season is back.

The Steelers begin their 2018 quest for #7 in a week one opener against the Fecal Matter in Cleveland. Ben only played one preseason game, Brown hasn't played at all, and Bell is doing his annual offseason disappearance. So, all signs are pointing to rust and that trademark Tomlin unpreparedness coming out. This is also Cleveland's Super Bowl. They've been talking a ton of crap about this game on hard knocks.

I don't expect the Offense to be in top form and it just may be another slog like last year. If there is any chance at a loss to the Browns, it may be this one.

17-13 Steelers.

If we hold the Browns to 13 points I am VERY confident we’ll win.

I don’t disagree with anything you said about rust and preparedness. It mostly depends on if Brown is now able to PRACTICE rather than just play.

If Brown and Ben have a week practicing together I think we win the game.

The main things we can NOT do in the game is let their defense or special teams score (I’m not counting the FG unit)

We also can not turn the ball over too many times, ESPECIALLY on our side of the field.

I’m saying that in a 60 minute game our offense will outscore their offense, even with the rust and improved Cleveland defense.

Their defense will make some impressive stops, and probably a couple of turn overs that we can hopefully overcome. But our offense can’t be held to less points than the Browns’ offense will muster.

If Josh Gordon can’t play, or if he plays hurt so much the better.

polamalubeast
09-02-2018, 03:44 PM
I expect steelers to do much better on offense than last year in week 1, it can not be worse.

The Browns could surprise this year too, especially since their QB of last year has cost them a lot of close game.

It should be a good game

86WARD
09-02-2018, 03:46 PM
Steelers defense is one GIANT question mark for me. It could be tested by Taylor's legs, Hyde's run game and the air attack of Gordon and Landry. Won't be a walk in the park...if the defense isn't prepared, they could be in for a long day...

polamalubeast
09-02-2018, 03:48 PM
Steelers defense is one GIANT question mark for me. It could be tested by Taylor's legs, Hyde's run game and the air attack of Gordon and Landry. Won't be a walk in the park...if the defense isn't prepared, they could be in for a long day...

Even if they are preparing, it will not be easy

Dwinsgames
09-02-2018, 03:54 PM
as drunkenhillbilly used to say on the original steelers MB ....

we'll crush em they suck ..........

AtlantaDan
09-02-2018, 06:23 PM
Steelers open as 5-5&1/2 point favorites - over/under 46&1/2

http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/las-vegas/

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
09-02-2018, 08:41 PM
I'll take the Steelers and over for $30 Alex.
Change my mind and will Take the Steelers and under for $30 Alex. I forgot offenses don't start gelling to about week 3 or 4. 27-13 Steelers.

Neversatisfied
09-02-2018, 09:20 PM
This is the most nervous/unsure I've been about a Steelers-Browns matchup I can recall. The offense will take time to jell and who knows what to expect from Lev Bell but my real concern is the defense. I absolutely hate how the defense has morphed into a bunch of showboats and Honestly they haven't earned the right to be confident what so ever.

st33lersguy
09-02-2018, 09:31 PM
I am not nervous about the browns, I am never nervous about the browns, I am only nervous about how the Steelers respond to playing the browns. I think with all the hype surrounding the browns, it will actually work to the Steelers advantage and they will play more up to Cleveland's hype. Also, I am not sold on the browns and wont be until they show they can actually win games

DesertSteel
09-02-2018, 09:31 PM
Steelers Season is back.

I don't expect the Offense to be in top form and it just may be another slog like last year. If there is any chance at a loss to the Browns, it may be this one. Ugly win or ugly loss. Knowing the mental makeup of this team and coaching, they go into this thinking they can just show up and they'll win.

17-13 Steelers.
Yes... I expect Bell to completely suck. Ben will have to win it with his arm.

Dwinsgames
09-02-2018, 09:40 PM

Neversatisfied
09-02-2018, 11:16 PM
I am not nervous about the browns, I am never nervous about the browns, I am only nervous about how the Steelers respond to playing the browns. I think with all the hype surrounding the browns, it will actually work to the Steelers advantage and they will play more up to Cleveland's hype. Also, I am not sold on the browns and wont be until they show they can actually win games

I'm not sold on the Browns either but I'm certainly not sold on the Steelers porous defense and that is nerve wracking.

Lady Steel
09-03-2018, 12:43 AM
https://c1.staticflickr.com/6/5245/5353318635_fff87ba545_b.jpg

ALLD
09-03-2018, 07:24 AM
This game will set the tone for the first half of the season. Will the Steelers sleepwalk through the first 3 quarters and then try to steal a game in the 4th? They better come out swinging and put the Browns away early, but most likely they will keep them in the game until the final 30 seconds.

Count Steeler
09-03-2018, 07:32 AM
Browns are going to come out with something to prove, especially Haley. He may even call a decent game.
Steelers are going to be, "ooh, first game of the season, we will be prepared when we need to be" attitude.

Don't like this one at all. Road game, rusty, underestimating opponent. This is the Brown's Super Bowl and if they had a better QB, they would be a lock. If I were a betting man, I would not touch this one at all.

Heart wants Steelers, but I am preparing for a disappointment.

AtlantaDan
09-03-2018, 07:50 AM
Browns are going to come out with something to prove, especially Haley. He may even call a decent game.
Steelers are going to be, "ooh, first game of the season, we will be prepared when we need to be" attitude.

Don't like this one at all. Road game, rusty, underestimating opponent. This is the Brown's Super Bowl and if they had a better QB, they would be a lock. If I were a betting man, I would not touch this one at all.

Heart wants Steelers, but I am preparing for a disappointment.

Agreed - on defense I only trust the D-line. On offense I have no clue how Fitchiner will perform in calling his first real game (assuming Ben does not just take over), expect nothing from Bell if he even reports, and think AB went ballistic over Bouchette's tweet about him limping because the quad injury has lingered longer than the Steelers are willing to disclose.

Plus Myles Garrett is a force and presents the potential to bust up the season with one clear hit on Ben.

Hoping for the best but I have lower expectations for this season than at any time since 2013 - last season was the peak opportunity to win the Lombardi with this crew.

Born2Steel
09-03-2018, 08:08 AM
This first game is not going to mean a lot as far as how this season will go. The second Browns game will be more of a measuring stick. The Browns should be good this year despite Hue. I think they will be better than the Bengals and Ravens in terms of they should finish 2nd in the division. I believe Mayfield will be an above average QB and they have some weapons in Cleveland. Depends on how long it takes Haley and Jackson to make that change at QB. Not disrespecting Taylor but if he had that 'IT' quality it would have surfaced by now. It's a long season, a marathon not a sprint, so need to take each game as 1/16 of the whole picture and not a whole picture by itself.

The Steelers are going to score points. It is in their nature and the makeup of this offense. The question is can the Browns defense step up, or can the Browns keep pace?

polamalubeast
09-03-2018, 08:42 AM
Each offense should be motivated.Haley and Ben will want to score 40 points or more for obvious reasons.

If it ends with a score of 17-13 or something like that, I'll be very surprised.

AtlantaDan
09-03-2018, 08:54 AM
Each offense should be motivated.Haley and Ben will want to score 40 points or more for obvious reasons.

If it ends with a score of 17-13 or something like that, I'll be very surprised.

Not looking for a lot of pregame hugs between Haley & Ben/Tomlin or Arians (who will be the CBS analyst :no:) and Tomlin

polamalubeast
09-03-2018, 09:08 AM
Not looking for a lot of pregame hugs between Haley & Ben/Tomlin or Arians (who will be the CBS analyst :no:) and Tomlin

It could happen, but it's going to be like a fake!

pczach
09-03-2018, 09:10 AM
Haley is in Cleveland. He knows the Steelers offense because it is his offense.

Haley will have surprises for the Steelers' defense, because they also know his offense and play against it every day.

The Browns hate the Steelers and will be jacked to knock off the big bully.

The Browns have added a lot more talent.

They are young, hungry, and looking to put a beatdown on a Pittsburgh team that may or may not have their starting RB.....and even if he does play....he may suck because he hasn't played a single down of real football.

The Cleveland Browns are going to bring their best.

The Browns feel that the Steelers are vulnerable without Shazier, and that there are a lot of new players and some position changes that can expose weaknesses.

The Browns are primed for victory.

Big Ben is in Ohio......and he hates Todd Haley.

Steelers win 34-17. :grin:

Dwinsgames
09-03-2018, 12:35 PM

AtlantaDan
09-03-2018, 04:09 PM

Fire Goodell
09-03-2018, 04:29 PM
Browns look improved this year but we will still win, I'm confident. I actuality would feel more comfortable if Conner got more reps, he's actually put in a lot of work with the team and I'm expecting Bell to be rusty

Steeldude
09-03-2018, 04:55 PM
This is Tomlin. The Steelers are capable of easily losing to any poor team. If the Steelers do lose it will most likely set the tone for the season. Tomlin isn't capable of adjusting. It cold very well be a very long season. The offense needs to have a consistent attack. An attack that they dictate each week. A schoolyard offense won't get it done.

BlackAndGold
09-03-2018, 08:35 PM
This is a trap game. I'm expecting a win but it'll be ugly.

Ben has barely played this PS, when he did he made awful throws. Expect he'll still be rusty.
AB has played zero snaps during the PS. Albeit I expect him to be ready. Imo no one is more prepared than #84
If Bell returns he'll be dealing with a slow start. Hopefully Conner is ready, he should be.

teegre
09-03-2018, 08:37 PM
Tomlin is 19-3 versus the Browns.

The three losses were...

2009: The Arians Abortion game
2012: The Charlie Batch “8 turnover” game
2014: The Browns were actually good (5-3)

SUMMATION:
Ermahgerd!!!... we’re doomed!!! :jerkit:

43Hitman
09-03-2018, 08:47 PM
1 "W" down and only 18 more to go. I'm not worried about this game in the least bit, they'll eat check down Tyrod up

teegre
09-03-2018, 09:24 PM
Tom Brady is 28-3 versus Bills
90.3% winning percentage

Big Ben is 22-2 versus Browns
91.7% winning percentage

SUMMATION:
Both the Taperiots and the Steelers should expect to lose when playing these bottom dwellers.

st33lersguy
09-03-2018, 10:00 PM
I am not sold on Cleveland as a team. Winning March doesn't mean anything in the fall. Show it on the field.

My only concern is the Steelers being themselves and playing down to Cleveland

HollywoodSteel
09-04-2018, 12:35 AM
I think the Browns will come out OVER ENTHUSIASTIC. They’ll make mistakes and burn themselves out. The adrenaline will only get them so far for so long.

Ben doesn’t lose in Cleveland. He basically owns Ohio. This is not a normal road game.

We will be calm and calculated. They will be drooling idiots.

Ben will pull them offsides in THEIR OWN STADIUM.

The Browns will improve as the year goes on. I don’t know if Gordon will even start or if he’ll be 100%.

They have NO ONE that can cover AB. Their pass rush will get to Ben a few times but we have a GREAT O-LINE. Long enough for Ben to find an open guy.

The Browns D will be so amped up they’ll over pursue. If Bell plays he’ll slip by them enough times to shred them.
We will pass to set up the run. By the 4th quarter the Browns “super bowl” adrenaline will be tapped.

The Browns have a great left tackle... except he retired. Now they have no one. We will get to that QB. A lot.

But I’m sure the Browns will look great running out of the tunnel. It will be downhill for them from there.

mats5000
09-04-2018, 06:01 AM
I think offense won’t be a problem. It will not be the best performance but we will score enough. I’m really worried about the defense. Front line is cool, but ILBs and safeties? Man I don’t know…

Moose
09-04-2018, 07:52 AM
This game will set the tone for the first half of the season. Will the Steelers sleepwalk through the first 3 quarters and then try to steal a game in the 4th? They better come out swinging and put the Browns away early, but most likely they will keep them in the game until the final 30 seconds.

I agree 100% The Brown's scared the hell out of me both games last year, as we squeaked out a win. I, naturally want my Steeler's to win every game, but I would never bet on the Steeler's for any division games. This could easily be the first loss, as well as our first win, until our defense shows me some fire.

teegre
09-04-2018, 08:53 AM
More math...

As I mentioned earlier, Tomlin is 19-3 against the Browns... which is an 86.4% winning percentage. Some of those wins were indeed ugly, but quite a few were blowouts.

So, if this one game does indeed “set the tone” for the entire season...

Extrapolating the information above, we should expect a 14-2 season, with some ugly wins and a few blowouts. :yawn: I’ll take it.

polamalubeast
09-04-2018, 10:18 AM

Lady Steel
09-04-2018, 10:19 AM
It's a divisional game, so in my opinion, it's a must win.

GO STEELERS!

DesertSteel
09-04-2018, 10:39 AM
I hope Conner gets the start regardless of whether Leave Bell shows up. I say he goes over 100.

steel striker
09-04-2018, 11:13 AM
Probably going to be a close game but, if the oline plays well Steelers should win this game. Plus Taylor does not turn the ball over that much.

HollywoodSteel
09-04-2018, 12:47 PM
Probably going to be a close game but, if the oline plays well Steelers should win this game. Plus Taylor does not turn the ball over that much.

He won’t throw picks, but strip sacks are something else. He has no oline. He’ll get pummeled unless he runs for his life. He’ll make some plays with his legs but he might get injured doing that.

The Browns will need their defense and/or special teams to score points to beat us.

polamalubeast
09-04-2018, 02:52 PM
He won’t throw picks, but strip sacks are something else. He has no oline. He’ll get pummeled unless he runs for his life. He’ll make some plays with his legs but he might get injured doing that.

The Browns will need their defense and/or special teams to score points to beat us.

I'm sure Haley is going to have the edge over Butler, not only because he knows our defense, but he's also a better coach than Butler, even if Haley is far from perfect

Dwinsgames
09-04-2018, 02:54 PM
I'm sure Haley is going to have the edge over Butler, not only because he knows our defense, but he's also a better coach than Butler, even if Haley is far from perfect

agreed ....

however , with just 3OLB I suspect we will be playing a different version of defense than what Haley is familiar with here .... no way to account for the unknown in a gameplan

DesertSteel
09-04-2018, 11:35 PM
Steelers 26-17

Psycho Ward 86
09-05-2018, 12:12 AM

he also said the browns are going to "surprise people" last season after game 1 :lol:

Mojouw
09-05-2018, 12:41 AM

Watching them detonate the Eagles didn’t do much to convince me otherwise. Garrett is a one man wrecking crew.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

polamalubeast
09-05-2018, 04:18 AM
he also said the browns are going to "surprise people" last season after game 1 :lol:

Maybe Ben would have been right last year if Kizer would not have been bad like that.

Hawkman
09-05-2018, 01:46 PM
With Bell a no show for this Sunday, I think we’ll be seeing a lot of Nix to help AV with Garrett.

Fire Goodell
09-05-2018, 02:19 PM
Maybe Ben would have been right last year if Kizer would not have been bad like that.

I still think Kizer can have potential, but Cleveland kinda did handle him poorly imo. I mean they're obviously in rebuilding mode and they bench him mid season for a journeyman? All that does is stunt the QB's development and confidence even more imo.

polamalubeast
09-05-2018, 02:23 PM
I still think Kizer can have potential, but Cleveland kinda did handle him poorly imo. I mean they're obviously in rebuilding mode and they bench him mid season for a journeyman? All that does is stunt the QB's development and confidence even more imo.

Of course, Hue Jackson was the other problem, I can't believe he's still back after being 1-31.

I don'tthink that last year, the browns were all-time bad in terms of talent ... Of course it was not good, but not at the level of the 2008 lions, 2009 rams or other teams like that

They lost so many close games in the last two years that it was ridiculous.

Dwinsgames
09-05-2018, 02:24 PM
26-16 Steelers Win

polamalubeast
09-05-2018, 02:26 PM
27-24 steelers...

polamalubeast
09-05-2018, 03:02 PM

86WARD
09-05-2018, 03:58 PM
Not sure anyone mentioned it but Gumbel, Green and Bruce Arians are doing the game on CBS Sunday.

Dissolv
09-05-2018, 05:36 PM
Honestly, maybe the Bell thing will blow up on the Browns. I look for a very, very strong blocking performance by the O-line.

polamalubeast
09-05-2018, 05:41 PM
The Browns were one of the best run defense last year, so it could be a challenge for Conner as runner...The key is going to be on Ben and his receivers in this games and the o-line must contain Garrett.

I expect that Conner's first big game is going to be in week 2 against the chiefs.

polamalubeast
09-05-2018, 06:31 PM
Be certain that the steelers are going to be ready for several reasons for this games because of the situation of Bell, Roethlisberger who plays against Haley, the comments of Garrett after his draft .... so the steelers should be motivated for this game.

GBMelBlount
09-05-2018, 07:22 PM
So Bell only plays in 75% of games and we score more points without him.

He should be paying the Steelers.

Shoes
09-05-2018, 09:46 PM
Steelers 34-20

DesertSteel
09-05-2018, 10:17 PM
The Browns were one of the best run defense last year, so it could be a challenge for Conner as runner...The key is going to be on Ben and his receivers in this games and the o-line must contain Garrett.

I expect that Conner's first big game is going to be in week 2 against the chiefs.

I'm putting Conner's over/under at 70 yards and I'm going over as long as he gets 15+ carries.

teegre
09-05-2018, 10:21 PM
I'm putting Conner's over/under at 70 yards and I'm going over as long as he gets 15+ carries.

I’ll take the over, as well.

I also expect a few long run to occur (20+ yards).

Iron Steeler
09-05-2018, 11:02 PM
With the Bell drama
... I never wanted a win so Bad. More Wins without bell.mame him and his agent look like morons.

Steelerchad
09-05-2018, 11:05 PM
More math...

As I mentioned earlier, Tomlin is 19-3 against the Browns... which is an 86.4% winning percentage. Some of those wins were indeed ugly, but quite a few were blowouts.

So, if this one game does indeed “set the tone” for the entire season...

Extrapolating the information above, we should expect a 14-2 season, with some ugly wins and a few blowouts. :yawn: I’ll take it.

One of those losses was a 3 point loss with Charlie Batch QB'd where we turned the ball over 5X, I believe. The refs also blew a terrible fumble call that was not ruled a fumble and couldn't be challenged because it was right before the 2 minute warning and Tomlin had blown all of his timeouts.h

polamalubeast
09-06-2018, 06:48 AM
One of those losses was a 3 point loss with Charlie Batch QB'd where we turned the ball over 5X, I believe. The refs also blew a terrible fumble call that was not ruled a fumble and couldn't be challenged because it was right before the 2 minute warning and Tomlin had blown all of his timeouts.h

In fact,the game with Charlie Batch,the steelers had 8 turnovers in this game!!!!!

polamalubeast
09-06-2018, 07:40 AM
Best case scenario is that Conner has a monster game in a steelers victory against the browns like JuJu had against the Lions last year after the comments of Martavis ....

Of course, many will say it's against browns, but the browns were one of the best run defense of the NFL last year ...

Dwinsgames
09-06-2018, 08:17 AM
the thing that gets over looked with Conner is he runs with more power than Bell and has better breakaway speed a rare combination ..

so what he lacks in some areas it is my belief he more than makes up for in those two areas ....

chunk yardage in the run game can not be under sold

polamalubeast
09-06-2018, 08:59 AM
the thing that gets over looked with Conner is he runs with more power than Bell and has better breakaway speed a rare combination ..

so what he lacks in some areas it is my belief he more than makes up for in those two areas ....

chunk yardage in the run game can not be under sold

We not have had a homerun hitter at the RB position since Willie Parker in his prime and Parker was more a HR or nothing player

polamalubeast
09-06-2018, 09:08 AM

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-06-2018, 09:09 AM
I think Conner is more traditional in that he wants to get north-south as fast as possible, but I think he is far from being a guy with breakaway speed. He will get caught from behind, but its just that when he gets into the secondary there are not a lot of corners that want any part of tackling him.

Its why a good offensive line is so much more important in the run game than most think. Conner can get to the 2nd level by O line blocking up front, then he can get another 10-20 yards because one missed arm tackle gets him into the secondary.

86WARD
09-06-2018, 10:13 AM
30-27 Browns. Steelers get out early 24-7 and Browns come back. Then next week it’s even more drama filled with LeVeon Bell talk...

Fire Goodell
09-06-2018, 11:39 AM
30-27 Browns. Steelers get out early 24-7 and Browns come back. Then next week it’s even more drama filled with LeVeon Bell talk...

lol i know you're not serious but if we get out to a 24-7 lead it's over. Conner and Ridley are gonna smash them up and run the clock

Mojouw
09-06-2018, 12:09 PM
This one just feels off to me. Especially if McDonald doesn't play. I do not think there is a tackle in the league that will be able to handle Garrett one on one this year. I think he is going to break out and have a massive season. McDonald is the only TE on the roster that can really offer the tackles much help. I suspect his glass straws that he has in place of bones will not allow him to play much. I then see Garrett blowing by the edge at least a handful of times. A couple of sacks and a turnover result.

In addition to that, the offense looks out of sync. Lost in all the Bell hullabaloo is the fact that the starting skill guys really didn't get much work together this preseason. How many passes has Ben thrown against competition that is allowed to hit him? 6 or something. Washington looked like one of the better wideouts on the team during preseason and he most likely wont dress for Week 1. That leaves Justin "Mr. Reliable" Hunter as the deep threat. I am not real excited about the chances of Hunter actually hanging on to the three or four deep shots Ben chucks his way.

On defense other than the line, no one has really played together a lot. Watt and Dupree are going to be able to do what? No one has any idea. Does anyone know what Bostic's role is? Does he? What are all these safeties going to do? I am not expecting it to look smooth or polished. Lots of miscommunication and assignment breakdowns.

But still, the Browns will do Browns things. So Steelers have to scramble to pull it out late 31-27.

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-06-2018, 01:03 PM
This one just feels off to me. Especially if McDonald doesn't play. I do not think there is a tackle in the league that will be able to handle Garrett one on one this year. I think he is going to break out and have a massive season. McDonald is the only TE on the roster that can really offer the tackles much help. I suspect his glass straws that he has in place of bones will not allow him to play much. I then see Garrett blowing by the edge at least a handful of times. A couple of sacks and a turnover result.

In addition to that, the offense looks out of sync. Lost in all the Bell hullabaloo is the fact that the starting skill guys really didn't get much work together this preseason. How many passes has Ben thrown against competition that is allowed to hit him? 6 or something. Washington looked like one of the better wideouts on the team during preseason and he most likely wont dress for Week 1. That leaves Justin "Mr. Reliable" Hunter as the deep threat. I am not real excited about the chances of Hunter actually hanging on to the three or four deep shots Ben chucks his way.

On defense other than the line, no one has really played together a lot. Watt and Dupree are going to be able to do what? No one has any idea. Does anyone know what Bostic's role is? Does he? What are all these safeties going to do? I am not expecting it to look smooth or polished. Lots of miscommunication and assignment breakdowns.

But still, the Browns will do Browns things. So Steelers have to scramble to pull it out late 31-27.

I think the Browns have some talented guys on that defense in Garrett, Collins, Peppers, Ogbah, etc. But when I look at them up the middle with a couple of DT's that I could not pick out of a police lineup and a MLB of Joe Schobert....I think the Steelers need to impose their will in the run game first. That will setup the pass.

Having McDonald to help with Garrett isn't that important IMO, as they can get a chip from any TE or Nix if that is necessary. I just think the lack of a TE who can work the middle of the field might be more of an issue. This will be a close game I think as Cleveland is talented and their DC is gonna be aggressive, while the Steelers lack of talent in the LB group can be a problem.

tube517
09-06-2018, 02:25 PM

Samuel L Jackson should just play Vance MacDonald in the 3rd Unbreakable movie.

polamalubeast
09-06-2018, 03:15 PM
Steelers should be better prepared on offense in week 1 than last year...Last year, Bell and Bryant was rusting for obvious reasons, it was the first game of JuJu's career and it was his worst game of his rookie season with some Holding penalty who was a killer.

Brown had almost not played in preseason last year and he had a monster game ... I'm not worried about him ....

The key is going to be Ben ...

Fire Goodell
09-06-2018, 03:17 PM
Steelers should be better prepared on offense in week 1 than last year...Last year, Bell and Bryant was rusting for obvious reasons, it was the first game of JuJu's career and it was his worst game of his rookie season with some Holding penalty who was a killer.

Brown had almost not played in preseason last year and he had a monster game ... I'm not worried about him ....

The key is going to be Ben ...

That is true. Least of my worry is AB. AB will be AB, he's usually always consistently badass.

There's a chance Ben is rusty, but he does look like he's in better shape than he's been in years. He may be more ready than previous years.

tube517
09-06-2018, 03:32 PM
https://www.steelers.com/news/week-1-injury-report-browns

polamalubeast
09-06-2018, 03:34 PM
That is true. Least of my worry is AB. AB will be AB, he's usually always consistently badass.

There's a chance Ben is rusty, but he does look like he's in better shape than he's been in years. He may be more ready than previous years.

Ben had a great game in week 1 in Washingtion 2 years ago with very little action in the preseason too.

teegre
09-06-2018, 07:02 PM
I see the O-line being very focused and very motivated. They want to get Conner 100+ yards rushing.

polamalubeast
09-07-2018, 07:40 AM

polamalubeast
09-07-2018, 08:02 AM

Dwinsgames
09-07-2018, 10:15 AM
the weather has me a bit nervous for Sundays game .....

Temp high in low 60's
20-30 MPH winds
Heavy Rain expected 2-3 inches of rain during the day ........

could be a turnover fest in in games such as that anyone has a chance

polamalubeast
09-07-2018, 11:21 AM

Moose
09-07-2018, 11:44 AM

Temp high in low 60's
20-30 MPH winds

Gotta agree with ya' ..... I believe the weather will be a factor too. As of Friday at noon, they are still predicting up to 4 inches of rain Sunday so I guess you could say it's gonna come down to a RUNNING GAME.

Mojouw
09-07-2018, 11:46 AM

If healthy], TJ Watt should own this dude.

Fire Goodell
09-07-2018, 12:03 PM

Temp high in low 60's
20-30 MPH winds

Might be a game where you see 40+ rushes by the offense. In this case it's good to have more than 1 capable guy at RB

Born2Steel
09-07-2018, 12:06 PM
Not going to watch this one. All the commentary about the Bell hold out is going to ruin it. Go Steelers!

Fire Goodell
09-07-2018, 12:07 PM
bro how can you not watch this one? I admit the bell drama is annoying, but it's opening day!

tube517
09-07-2018, 12:15 PM
Not going to watch this one. All the commentary about the Bell hold out is going to ruin it. Go Steelers!

Valid point but turn off the network and put on the radio feed.

Born2Steel
09-07-2018, 12:25 PM
I will be checking in on it, can't help myself. If they could just stick to talking about the game on the field I would watch, but they can't. It was that way last Saturday too because they couldn't stop talking about Urban Meyer. Didn't matter what game I put it on they all wanted to talk Urban Meyer. Who cares right now, there's a game on is my point.

JnK
09-07-2018, 12:41 PM
For crying out loud.... IT'S ONLY THE CLEVELAND BROWNS.

https://youtu.be/qvPugcb7QGE

DesertSteel
09-07-2018, 01:49 PM
Any news on Watt's health?? Is he 80%, 90%...??

Mojouw
09-07-2018, 02:23 PM
Any news on Watt's health?? Is he 80%, 90%...??

I'm assuming that he is good to go -- but I don't think there has been an official call yet.

Hawkman
09-07-2018, 02:49 PM

I think I’m glad I have to work all day, I’ll DVR it, and watch when I get home........if we win.

polamalubeast
09-07-2018, 02:55 PM

Maybe I am wrong,but now this is Dupree who plays on the right side of the defense....Watt in the left side.

Mojouw
09-07-2018, 03:36 PM
Maybe I am wrong,but now this is Dupree who plays on the right side of the defense....Watt in the left side.

Yeah, that may be right. Then I thought they were going to switch in game. Dunno, can't keep up and we never saw it in preseason since everyone was hurt.

polamalubeast
09-07-2018, 03:49 PM
For the 3-3-5 in defense, it can be a good idea, since the best players should be in the field more often.Nobody has an idea how will be our defense and with the last few years, it's not a bad idea if they change that defense a bit.

In preseason, this defense has been dominant against the titans and atrocious in the game before against the packers(vs Hundley and Kizer for the most part).

I do not know what to expect from this defense against the browns and in the games after....I would not be surprised if they give 150 yards to Josh Gordon with 2-3 big play or 200 rushings yards to the Browns and be soft once again, but I would also not be surprised if they have 5 or more sacks with less than 50 rushing yards and with at least 3-4 turnovers.

Fire Goodell
09-07-2018, 04:06 PM
Not sure if we'll get 3-4 turnovers, but we can hold them. Tyrod Taylor is a QB that doesn't throw many INT's but his main knock was the same as Alex Smith, doesn't take shots down the field when it's there.

Most likely I think we'll win a close game, but if we get out to a 14pt lead it'll be a blowout.

The 3-3-5 defense might be interesting and maybe a good idea to have more speed on the field. Tyrod's ability to take off and run is what I'm worried about the most, especially with our lack of speed at the ILB position. Perhaps Edmunds is starting since his athleticism would be a way to put a spy on Taylor and keep him in check?

polamalubeast
09-07-2018, 04:31 PM
Maybe the game will not be play on sunday at 13h...

we will see...

Fire Goodell
09-07-2018, 04:36 PM
It might be a 3-0 game like the one vs miami some years back :chuckle:

polamalubeast
09-07-2018, 04:40 PM

Fichtner will be on the hot seat if it happens!

pczach
09-07-2018, 06:08 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7DTNEa2E7w

Dwinsgames
09-07-2018, 06:15 PM

polamalubeast
09-07-2018, 06:17 PM

AFC North football!!!!

Hawkman
09-07-2018, 06:37 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7DTNEa2E7w

I can still remember where I was during this game. I was away on a project in Denver. Went to a sports bar for dinner and watch the game. I remember busting out laughing when that punt landed, and people just stared at me. Obviously I was the only one there who had any interest in the game.

polamalubeast
09-07-2018, 06:39 PM
I can still remember where I was during this game. I was away on a project in Denver. Went to a sports bar for dinner and watch the game. I remember busting out laughing when that punt landed, and people just stared at me. Obviously I was the only one there who had any interest in the game.

It was so a awful game to watch against the 0-10 Dolphins at this time!

Hawkman
09-07-2018, 06:42 PM
It was so a awful game to watch against the 0-10 Dolphins at this time!

Hadn’t they just replaced the turf and Pitt had played that Saturday.

Mojouw
09-07-2018, 06:43 PM
Dress Big Dan and Banner. Put Banner at FB and McCullers at RB. Just let them rumble through the elements.

polamalubeast
09-07-2018, 07:21 PM

Born2Steel
09-07-2018, 07:59 PM

Seems it's illegal to touch the QB unless he becomes a runner outside the pocket anyway. Flags if you touch the QB in the pocket. It's going to take me most of this season to figure out what is legal and what is not for the defense. Not sure if it's smart or not to rush the passer any more.

Dwinsgames
09-07-2018, 08:17 PM
Seems it's illegal to touch the QB unless he becomes a runner outside the pocket anyway. Flags if you touch the QB in the pocket. It's going to take me most of this season to figure out what is legal and what is not for the defense. Not sure if it's smart or not to rush the passer any more.

not sure we will ever truly adjust to not being able to hit the QB without a flag for some stupid reason ....

put flags on them already and be done with it

Dwinsgames
09-08-2018, 10:10 AM

Mojouw
09-08-2018, 10:36 AM

The amazing thing is I think ONE of those guys is slated to play a significant role for another team. McCourty has joined his brother as a converted CB Safety tandem in New England.

Moose
09-08-2018, 10:55 AM
Thank God we have Boz ! could be all RB and Field goals type of day.

Dwinsgames
09-08-2018, 11:48 AM
Thank God we have Boz ! could be all RB and Field goals type of day.

with wind gusts up to 40 mph FG's could even be difficult ( depending on wind directions )

Fire Goodell
09-08-2018, 06:02 PM

I'm wondering how much chemistry that new roster has right now, since they basically are a different team entirely.

polamalubeast
09-08-2018, 06:10 PM

Lady Steel
09-08-2018, 08:01 PM

- - - Updated - - -

HollywoodSteel
09-08-2018, 11:29 PM
We usually win the bad weather game. Ben is a pretty good QB in bad weather. We have a great kicker.

Sure they can get lucky and win the TO battle. There’s always the luck factor.

Our young defense will blow a few big plays but they’ll also make SPLASH plays... pun intended. Ben just needs to throw screens to Garrett’s side. He’ll want to get to Ben so bad he’ll run himself out of plays.

Quick passes to AB all day. Let AB embarras the Browns by himself.

86WARD
09-09-2018, 04:06 PM
Anyone pick the tie option?

Iron Steeler
09-09-2018, 04:45 PM
This is a great start. Need some humble pie before the season starts

st33lersguy
09-09-2018, 04:48 PM
Well, that was embarassing

JnK
09-10-2018, 08:04 AM
For crying out loud.... IT'S ONLY THE CLEVELAND BROWNS.

https://youtu.be/qvPugcb7QGE

I totally take this back. UGH!!

86WARD
09-10-2018, 08:18 AM
lol i know you're not serious but if we get out to a 24-7 lead it's over. Conner and Ridley are gonna smash them up and run the clock

Not so much...

Fire Goodell
09-10-2018, 03:24 PM
Not so much...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRzsv4vHNDs

86WARD
09-10-2018, 05:36 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRzsv4vHNDs

Lol.