Glad for Tevin Jones. Go Tigers!

Shoes
09-02-2018, 12:36 PM
Glad for Tevin Jones. Go Tigers!

Me too!

BlackAndGold
09-02-2018, 01:04 PM
Add Patrick Morris to the PS list.

Was the 3rd listed center until he got hurt. Good athlete.

Dwinsgames
09-02-2018, 01:08 PM
Add Patrick Morris to the PS list.

Was the 3rd listed center until he got hurt. Good athlete.

was just going to post this ..
oh well I am here now anyways so may as well

- - - Updated - - -

full list now out

https://www.steelers.com/news/steelers-announce-practice-squad

BlackAndGold
09-02-2018, 01:10 PM
was just going to post this ..
oh well I am here now anyways so may as well

We'll have to see what the future holds for Foster but if he isn't brought back Morris may have a shot at the 53. Of course that's depending on if they add another player to the mix, which would be likely.

stillers4me
09-02-2018, 01:11 PM

Shoes
09-02-2018, 01:12 PM

Looks like a good group!

tube517
09-02-2018, 01:14 PM
:applaudit:

Glad that Bucky, Keion, and Brian Allen made it.

We shall see if they make any other moves or trades.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-8504F using Tapatalk

Mojouw
09-02-2018, 01:25 PM
That addressed all of my qualms with the initial 53 man roster. Thought one of Adams or Allen would get poached -- but clearly I overestimated their performances due to rampant homerism!

I still don't understand the safety situation overall, but I guess there is another penny to drop there.

stillers4me
09-02-2018, 01:48 PM

86WARD
09-02-2018, 01:57 PM
That addressed all of my qualms with the initial 53 man roster. Thought one of Adams or Allen would get poached -- but clearly I overestimated their performances due to rampant homerism!

I still don't understand the safety situation overall, but I guess there is another penny to drop there.

What’s wrong with the safety situation?

Never get excited about the practice squad signings...

Mojouw
09-02-2018, 02:28 PM
What’s wrong with the safety situation?

Never get excited about the practice squad signings...

At safety they have rostered:

Burnett - maybe injured but operates best at SS
Davis - a FS with no experience at the position
Edmunds - a rookie who is best suited to play an unclear role at the safety position
Dangerfield - a ST's and SS type who is simply not all that good
Allen - a LB in a safety body. What position does he play at an NFL level? ST's?

And it is widely presumed they are bringing back Berhe to play ST's.

So IF Burnett goes on IR for 8 games that means they have no proven starting caliber safeties on the roster and 3 guys (Berhe, Dangerfield, and Allen) that if they play significant minutes on defense means you are most likely in trouble. We've been hearing all summer about this 3 safety package that they now can not play...I realize that Burnett and Golden getting injured kinda sorta threw the plans out of wack, but I do not understand how Dangerfield or Berhe help the defense at all. I would rather have Brian Allen on the roster and playing in a 7 DB package than either Berhe or Dangerfield. I will give Marcus Allen a pass as he is still getting up to speed.

TL;DR -- Berhe and Dangerfield are useless on Defense. They better be AMAZING on special teams!

86WARD
09-02-2018, 03:49 PM
At safety they have rostered:

Burnett - maybe injured but operates best at SS
Davis - a FS with no experience at the position
Edmunds - a rookie who is best suited to play an unclear role at the safety position
Dangerfield - a ST's and SS type who is simply not all that good
Allen - a LB in a safety body. What position does he play at an NFL level? ST's?

And it is widely presumed they are bringing back Berhe to play ST's.

So IF Burnett goes on IR for 8 games that means they have no proven starting caliber safeties on the roster and 3 guys (Berhe, Dangerfield, and Allen) that if they play significant minutes on defense means you are most likely in trouble. We've been hearing all summer about this 3 safety package that they now can not play...I realize that Burnett and Golden getting injured kinda sorta threw the plans out of wack, but I do not understand how Dangerfield or Berhe help the defense at all. I would rather have Brian Allen on the roster and playing in a 7 DB package than either Berhe or Dangerfield. I will give Marcus Allen a pass as he is still getting up to speed.

TL;DR -- Berhe and Dangerfield are useless on Defense. They better be AMAZING on special teams!

When did Burnett get injured and what did he injure? I didn't hear anything about that until your post. Can't find anything on it either.

Mojouw
09-02-2018, 03:52 PM
When did Burnett get injured and what did he injure? I didn't hear anything about that until your post. Can't find anything on it either.

https://steelersdepot.com/2018/09/steelers-expected-to-use-ir-return-designation-here-are-the-candidates/

"Morgan Burnett: This one, unfortunately, would make a lot of sense. The Steelers currently have five safeties already on the 53-man roster and intend to bring Berhe back, which would give them six. That’s an overabundance, clearly, which makes it sound pretty reasonable that a safety would be the option to go on injured reserve. Burnett participated in the first two preseason games but missed the rest of the preseason after that with an injury."

86WARD
09-02-2018, 04:03 PM
https://steelersdepot.com/2018/09/steelers-expected-to-use-ir-return-designation-here-are-the-candidates/

"Morgan Burnett: This one, unfortunately, would make a lot of sense. The Steelers currently have five safeties already on the 53-man roster and intend to bring Berhe back, which would give them six. That’s an overabundance, clearly, which makes it sound pretty reasonable that a safety would be the option to go on injured reserve. Burnett participated in the first two preseason games but missed the rest of the preseason after that with an injury."

Is that just speculation? I would think that it would be a bigger deal in the media if there was a real chance he was going to go to the IR. No?

Dwinsgames
09-02-2018, 04:22 PM
Is that just speculation? I would think that it would be a bigger deal in the media if there was a real chance he was going to go to the IR. No?

" Steelers Insiders" know very little when push comes to shove , they just speculate like the rest of us for the most part so until the team says so they are just guessing like us

Hawkman
09-02-2018, 04:26 PM
So for all anyone knows, they were just being cautious in keeping Burnett out of the last two pre-season games.

86WARD
09-02-2018, 04:30 PM
" Steelers Insiders" know very little when push comes to shove , they just speculate like the rest of us for the most part so until the team says so they are just guessing like us

Thats what I figured and some of those guys at SteelersDepot reach for the stars and fall short many times. Hopefully, this is one where they fall short.

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-02-2018, 05:47 PM

I thought that Adams looked good as well. He has a good rip move and is quick and physical enough to bend under the OT shoulder in the pass rush and he looked physical enough in the run game at the point of attack. Brian Allen, people get enamored with big CB's, but as the #6 CB he wasn't impressive enough for me to worry when the 5 in front of him were that good.

I thought Hooks showed more hustle, gap control and awareness than McCullers, so am happy he is on the PS and maybe he sticks around.

The Safety position to me is fine. I know they signed Behre as a special teamer, but if he doesn't get signed back I am good with Burnett, Davis, Edmunds, Dangerfield and Allen. Burnett is on a 3 year deal and who knows if the hamstring and groin issues over the last season are the start of his decline. If he has 2 seasons with the Steelers, they still have young guys in Edmunds, Allen and Davis around if they all play well.

teegre
09-02-2018, 06:03 PM

Berhe has already been re-signed.

GBMelBlount
09-02-2018, 06:17 PM
Quite a few 2018 draft picks and UDFA's are sticking around.

Still early, but looks like we have a good crop this year.