PDA

View Full Version : 4 Free-Agent Tight Ends the Steelers should consider

HollywoodSteel
09-02-2018, 12:45 AM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/steelerswire.usatoday.com/2018/09/02/4-free-agent-tight-ends-the-steelers-could-consider/amp/

Just posting the article because others seem to agree with Dwins on this one

HollywoodSteel
09-02-2018, 12:52 AM
Dwins

Do you agree with Curt (who wrote this article) about his choices? It seems like every TE that’s ever available to us is labeled a “pass-catching TE.”

At some point do we just call them receivers and get on with our day?

Dwinsgames
09-02-2018, 10:17 AM
Dwins

Do you agree with Curt (who wrote this article) about his choices? It seems like every TE that’s ever available to us is labeled a “pass-catching TE.”

At some point do we just call them receivers and get on with our day?

lets just say I could have wrote the first two pages ....

Amaro and Walford are two guys specifically I mentioned in two different posts here ... but thats where it ends for me I would go Hodges over the other two for sure as he has an inside track of making a difference right now knowing at least part of the playbook

86WARD
09-02-2018, 02:10 PM
Who are the four in the article. Link doesn’t open for me.

Dwinsgames
09-02-2018, 02:39 PM
Who are the four in the article. Link doesn’t open for me.

Temarrick Hemingway
Devon Cajuste

HollywoodSteel
09-02-2018, 02:59 PM
Temarrick Hemingway
Devon Cajuste

The article discusses the TEs Dwins just mentioned plus:

Jace Amaro and Clive Walford

HollywoodSteel
09-02-2018, 03:14 PM
lets just say I could have wrote the first two pages ....

Amaro and Walford are two guys specifically I mentioned in two different posts here ... but thats where it ends for me I would go Hodges over the other two for sure as he has an inside track of making a difference right now knowing at least part of the playbook

I think in the article, Curt was writing only about TEs we should consider going out and getting. He probably considers Hodges someone we already have if we want him. We either put him on the PS or the Steelers have no interest in him, and therefore not worth mentioning as someone we should “pursue.”

I am not familiar with any of the TEs on Curt’s list so I’ll trust his evaluation and yours about them.

As for Hodges... I obviously like what I’ve seen of him in that preseason game. I don’t know if he would be any kind of asset in a real game for a little while. But as you mention, he has the inside track. He’s a former QB so he might be a quick study as far as learning a scheme goes.

I also like what you said about his blocking improving. BECAUSE he’s a guy still trying to master a new position, I am more optimistic about him eventually becoming a much better blocker than Grimble.

But the Steelers really like Grimble. I read that he was having a great training camp, so maybe X is actually better than what we’ve seen of him in the past.

Shoes
09-02-2018, 05:13 PM
I think in the article, Curt was writing only about TEs we should consider going out and getting. He probably considers Hodges someone we already have if we want him. We either put him on the PS or the Steelers have no interest in him, and therefore not worth mentioning as someone we should “pursue.”

I am not familiar with any of the TEs on Curt’s list so I’ll trust his evaluation and yours about them.

As for Hodges... I obviously like what I’ve seen of him in that preseason game. I don’t know if he would be any kind of asset in a real game for a little while. But as you mention, he has the inside track. He’s a former QB so he might be a quick study as far as learning a scheme goes.

I also like what you said about his blocking improving. BECAUSE he’s a guy still trying to master a new position, I am more optimistic about him eventually becoming a much better blocker than Grimble.

But the Steelers really like Grimble. I read that he was having a great training camp, so maybe X is actually better than what we’ve seen of him in the past.

I think he can be a real asset. He has the speed and suction cup hands to go with it, some time with Munch in the blocking department should do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hx1X2qN_pRY