PDA

View Full Version : Jeremy Fowler: Landry Jones is garnering trade interest as well

Craic
08-31-2018, 02:27 PM

So, this is interesting. I'll include the link to the article as well.
https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2018/08/30/report-josh-dobbs-not-the-only-steelers-quarterback-drawing-trade-interest/

Fire Goodell
08-31-2018, 02:34 PM
Trade Landry and keep the young guns. We already know what we have in Landry, a mediocre backup QB.

Keeping Dobbs might even help Rudolph's development. Instead of handing him the keys to the Ferrari, make them compete for it.

st33lersguy
08-31-2018, 02:50 PM
Best case scenario is them getting something for Landry. (I'd laugh my ass off at the team who will do it)

GoSlash27
08-31-2018, 04:58 PM
I don't agree with the premise that Dobbs played because he was being evaluated. I believe he was being showcased.
But if all this is true, I'm okay with having Dobbs as #2. I don't believe it'll happen, but I'm okay with it if it does.

Best,
-Slashy

FrancoLambert
08-31-2018, 10:24 PM
Trade Landry and keep the young guns. We already know what we have in Landry, a mediocre backup QB.

Keeping Dobbs might even help Rudolph's development. Instead of handing him the keys to the Ferrari, make them compete for it.

:iagree:

Steeldude
09-01-2018, 06:06 AM
If they trade Jones they will need to find another veteran QB to back up BR.

Butch
09-01-2018, 06:55 AM
If they trade Jones they will need to find another veteran QB to back up BR.

I completely understand that feeling, I was there myself but idk anymore. Young QBs have success much sooner in today's NFL. I liked what I saw in Rudolph this pas weekend. Yes it was just one game, but damn if he didn't remind me of a young Big Ben. I know it's one game and foolish of me to say this, but I just feel we will be alright in the long run without Jones. Your opinion is much better founded but I would be willing to take the chances.

If we do lose Dobbs I would be alright if we get a promising Defender.