PDA

View Full Version : ILB Pot Stirring

Mojouw
08-31-2018, 01:16 PM
https://steelersdepot.com/2018/08/steelers-rookie-udfa-ilb-easily-outperformed-two-first-rounders-during-preseason/

"Evans, who had a few medical concerns surrounding him ahead of this year’s draft, has been dealing with an undisclosed injury for the entire preseason and it doesn’t sound like he’ll be healthy enough to play when the regular season gets underway next weekend. As for Vander Esch, he has reportedly been dealing with a groin injury for several weeks that now has him questionable for the start of the regular season as well."

BlackAndGold
08-31-2018, 01:22 PM
Irony in a sense.

Steelers missed out on getting one of those 1st round ILB's, and completely ignored the position the entire draft making fans and analyst question their thinking only to get the most impressive ILB(So far) from the draft as a UDFA.

Fire Goodell
08-31-2018, 01:32 PM
I would have loved to get Vander Esch, but Evans I had a meh feeling about. Matt Thomas has been a great surprise so far though, he's definitely a lock for the 53. But I'm guessing Bostic will be our starter.

That other kid Ola Adentihsliuflafn is looking good too, we seem to have found a few diamonds in the rough with this years undrafteds

BlackAndGold
08-31-2018, 01:45 PM
Btw, has anyone found any info on what injury Evans is dealing with?

I keep seeing it's a undisclosed injury, it's been that way since the draft process.

Born2Steel
08-31-2018, 02:04 PM

I keep seeing it's a undisclosed injury, it's been that way since the draft process.

Evans is listed as the starting ILB on the depth chart. He missed all preseason games so that looks like simple window dressing to me. Earlier in preseason his absence was called heat related. Basically no news until the NFL makes them report it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pczach
08-31-2018, 02:09 PM

Mike Vrabel said it may have been heat related. https://titanswire.usatoday.com/2018/07/28/titans-injury-report-brian-orakpo-misses-practice-rashaan-evans-leaves-early/

Who knows if this is completely true, but when a coach makes a statement like that, there's usually some truth to it. Maybe there's something more.

I hope everything is OK with this kid. Here was the last update that I could find. Sounds a little strange: https://titanswire.usatoday.com/2018/08/23/rashaan-evans-out-of-practice-one-day-after-return/

SteelMember
08-31-2018, 02:37 PM

I only recall the worries about his groin injuries with Alabama prior to the draft... could be lingering. Maybe trying treatments instead of surgery... may not work, if that's actually what's happening. Not sure I buy into the "heat-related" excuse. I mean, they play outside in Alabama too... can't be cooler than Nashville. :noidea:

- - - Updated - - -

Evans is listed as the starting ILB on the depth chart. He missed all preseason games so that looks like simple window dressing to me. Earlier in preseason his absence was called heat related. Basically no news until the NFL makes them report it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which would be... "NFL teams aren't required to provide injury reports until the first week of the regular season, which Vrabel made clear after the Titans' scrimmage on Friday night when asked about Evans and other players who have missed practice."

hawaiiansteeler
08-31-2018, 02:59 PM
should have drafted C J Mosley...:stirthepot:

Fire Goodell
08-31-2018, 03:15 PM
should have drafted C J Mosley...:stirthepot:

We drafted the right guy with Shazier. It's just a shame what happened. But Shazier was having an all-pro caliber season until the unforunate injury.

teegre
09-01-2018, 09:51 AM
The concern with Rahsaan Evans going into the draft was injuries. There has been a similar concern with ‘Bama players, because Nick Saban runs his players into the ground. It was one of the reasons that people were concerned about CJ Mosley... although, Mosley turned out very well (no lingering injury concerns).

SUMMATION:
We dodged a bullet, by not being able to trade up for Evans.

Dwinsgames
09-01-2018, 11:12 AM
Kevin Minter was released ... loved his college tape at LSU , that said he is no better vs the pass than what we already have