PDA

View Full Version : in other news former Steeler Lloyd arrested

Dwinsgames
08-30-2018, 10:43 PM

st33lersguy
08-30-2018, 10:48 PM
Didn't he also pull a gun on his son once?
I hope the guy seeks help, I really do.

Dwinsgames
08-30-2018, 10:49 PM
Didn't he also pull a gun on his son once?
I hope the guy seeks help, I really do.

yes , shoved it down his throat I believe ...

I think he also pulled one on his wife years ago but I could be mistaken

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
08-30-2018, 10:52 PM
Thank God he doesn't have access to bullets. What a nut job!

pczach
08-31-2018, 03:52 AM
A former NFL player that was feared around the league pulling a gun on a woman or child is just such a ridiculous act.

What an f'ing loser.

GoSlash27
08-31-2018, 06:13 AM
A former NFL player that was feared around the league pulling a gun on a woman or child is just such a ridiculous act.

What an f'ing loser.

This is what cumulative brain trauma does to a man. You spend decades getting your brain scrambled, you're not going to come out of it normal. Not defending his actions or blaming the league, mind you. Just pointing out that it's more complicated than him being a "f'ing loser". He's not in control of this.

Best,
-Slashy

pczach
08-31-2018, 07:26 AM
This is what cumulative brain trauma does to a man. You spend decades getting your brain scrambled, you're not going to come out of it normal. Not defending his actions or blaming the league, mind you. Just pointing out that it's more complicated than him being a "f'ing loser". He's not in control of this.

Best,
-Slashy

And you know this how?

This guy has a history of violence and threatening people with guns. There are a ton of NFL athletes that don't act violently towards women or people in general. You have zero evidence to say that this is related to football in any way.

https://www.steelernation.com/steelers-former-lb-greg-lloyd-arrested/

Until proven otherwise, he's just acting like a complete piece of shit scumbag.

This is a guy that was accused of putting a gun in his son's mouth, and this is the third time he is being charged with pointing a gun at someone. His wife also claims that he has a "history of pointing guns at people", and that she has suffered abuse from him for many years.

AtlantaDan
08-31-2018, 08:16 AM
And you know this how?

This guy has a history of violence and threatening people with guns. There are a ton of NFL athletes that don't act violently towards women or people in general. You have zero evidence to say that this is related to football in any way.

https://www.steelernation.com/steelers-former-lb-greg-lloyd-arrested/

Until proven otherwise, he's just acting like a complete piece of shit scumbag.

This is a guy that was accused of putting a gun in his son's mouth, and this is the third time he is being charged with pointing a gun at someone. His wife also claims that he has a "history of pointing guns at people", and that she has suffered abuse from him for many years.

Agreed - Lloyd had a sociopathic personality when he entered the league, so if it was due to football related head trauma he arrived with that problem

Of course until Lloyd blew out his knee his personality was regarded as a wonderful attribute for a football player to have - a lot is tolerated as long as the player delivers on the field

JnK
08-31-2018, 12:43 PM
... a lot is tolerated as long as the player delivers on the field

This is really disappointing. I was a huge Lloyd fan back in the day. Not so much anymore. Jackass.

Well said Dan. I know I for one tend to put some of these guys on a much higher pedestal than I should.

Mojouw
08-31-2018, 01:08 PM
Agreed - Lloyd had a sociopathic personality when he entered the league, so if it was due to football related head trauma he arrived with that problem

Of course until Lloyd blew out his knee his personality was regarded as a wonderful attribute for a football player to have - a lot is tolerated as long as the player delivers on the field

This is really disappointing. I was a huge Lloyd fan back in the day. Not so much anymore. Jackass.

Well said Dan. I know I for one tend to put some of these guys on a much higher pedestal than I should.

I agree with both of you. I too was a massive Lloyd fan, but he appears to be a pretty crappy human being.

Fire Goodell
08-31-2018, 01:34 PM
Why does he need a gun, isn't he like a 3rd degree black belt?

GoSlash27
08-31-2018, 05:33 PM
And you know this how?

He was a plaintiff in Pugh v. NFL. https://dockets.justia.com/docket/multi-district/jpml/PAE/2:12-cv-01165/801136 Oh, yeah, and he has a habit of seriously psychotic behavior that began after he retired.
Kinda hard to obtain more definitive proof than that without killing the man and cutting his brain apart.

BTW, cute move, how *you* automatically attribute his behavior to poor character *with zero proof* and then try to place the burden of proof on me.

The man is sick. I know that because well people don't stick guns in their kids' mouths. If he were born that sociopathic, he never would've made it into team sports in the first place. Not hard to figure out. The man got his bell rung too many times during a lifetime of playing a violent sport.
And again, I'm not blaming the league for it. That comes with the territory and he should've known the risks. A lot of our favorite players at this very moment WILL end up psychotic, suicidal, or otherwise f(*&ed up in the head in their old age. I'm also not condoning his behavior. I'm just saying it's kind of shitty to pass judgment on someone when his behavior is completely beyond his control.

I hope he gets the help he needs, and I hope his family will heal and be safe/ cared for in the future.

Best,
-Slashy

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
08-31-2018, 05:44 PM
If he was born sociopathic he would never made it into team sports in the first place ? OJ Simpson disagrees!

GoSlash27
08-31-2018, 06:11 PM
If he was born sociopathic he would never made it into team sports in the first place ? OJ Simpson disagrees!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-5511299/OJ-Simpson-70-suspects-football-linked-brain-disease-CTE.html

Probably a bad example to use. ;) Do you have any examples of O.J. displaying sociopathic behavior prior to his NFL career? Or Lloyd, for that matter?

Best,
-Slashy

pczach
08-31-2018, 06:49 PM
He was a plaintiff in Pugh v. NFL. https://dockets.justia.com/docket/multi-district/jpml/PAE/2:12-cv-01165/801136 Oh, yeah, and he has a habit of seriously psychotic behavior that began after he retired.
Kinda hard to obtain more definitive proof than that without killing the man and cutting his brain apart.

BTW, cute move, how *you* automatically attribute his behavior to poor character *with zero proof* and then try to place the burden of proof on me.

The man is sick. I know that because well people don't stick guns in their kids' mouths. If he were born that sociopathic, he never would've made it into team sports in the first place. Not hard to figure out. The man got his bell rung too many times during a lifetime of playing a violent sport.
And again, I'm not blaming the league for it. That comes with the territory and he should've known the risks. A lot of our favorite players at this very moment WILL end up psychotic, suicidal, or otherwise f(*&ed up in the head in their old age. I'm also not condoning his behavior. I'm just saying it's kind of shitty to pass judgment on someone when his behavior is completely beyond his control.

I hope he gets the help he needs, and I hope his family will heal and be safe/ cared for in the future.

Best,
-Slashy

Great. He became part of a lawsuit where he can try to get some easy money. That's your proof?

He did commit an act that screams "poor character". How dare I identify the behavior as exactly what it is.

The proof is that he put a gun in his kid's mouth many years ago, and he has been charged three times. How many other times has he done it that hasn't been reported? Maybe you can answer that since you claim to know things that nobody has proof of.

"Cute move" of you to automatically assume his pointing guns at people as entirely the fault of playing football. You're the one that made that claim....not me. And you clearly don't know if that is true or not. You could claim to know anything you like, but your assumption is a complete guess.

You say:

I'm just saying it's kind of shitty to pass judgment on someone when his behavior is completely beyond his control.

I say it's "shitty" to give someone the benefit of the doubt when they commit a crime of violence, and you have no proof of a condition you claim that he has that is responsible for his actions.....and then say someone else's comments on what he actually did is "shitty". Why don't you stand in front of his wife and kid and tell them it's "shitty" of them to report his acts of violence against them because it isn't his fault. After all, they're judging him on his actions.

You keep making statements that none of this is his fault and you have absolutely no way of knowing that...….None. I don't understand where this is coming from with you.

So you say he couldn't be sociopathic before football huh? Another expert opinion of yours? I guess no bad people ever play football. The game makes them bad people when it messes up their brains? Are you going to stick with that story?

How do you explain all the people that played football that don't end up abusing their wife and kids, pointing guns at people, showing violent tendencies, and live well adjusted lives? I thought football messes people up. You made this statement:

This is what cumulative brain trauma does to a man. You spend decades getting your brain scrambled, you're not going to come out of it normal.

Is this your expert opinion on all people that play football?

How is it that most men that play football are normal, well-adjusted people that don't threaten to kill people?

I look forward to your response.

GoSlash27
08-31-2018, 07:21 PM
He did commit an act that screams "poor character". How dare I identify the behavior as exactly what it is.
Actually, it's "How dare you" pass judgment on the man when you don't know the situation. You have no idea "exactly what it is". But I also won't pass judgment on you for expressing your opinion, even though I consider your opinion "dick-ish". I don't know what you've been through. ;)

The proof is that he put a gun in his kid's mouth many years ago, and he has been charged three times. How many other times has he done it that hasn't been reported? You tell me. If he has zero incidents prior to his career, yet you claim he was always this way, it's incumbent on *you* to prove it, not me.
ay:

I say it's "shitty" to give someone the benefit of the doubt when they commit a crime of violence, and you have no proof of a condition you claim that he has that is responsible for his actions.....and then say someone else's comments on what he actually did is "shitty". Why don't you stand in front of his wife and kid and tell them it's "shitty" of them to report his acts of violence against them because it isn't his fault. After all, they're judging him on his actions.
I don't disagree here. Whatever criminal acts he has committed, they are his responsibility and he is the one who must pay for them. I never said he's not responsible for it, merely that his behavior is beyond his control. You seem to argue that if he was just a better person, maybe read a bible or something or had more compassion... that he would be different. Just a simple matter of "want to"?

You keep making statements that none of this is his fault and you have absolutely no way of knowing that...….None. I don't understand where this is coming from with you.
Oh, I think you *do* understand.

So you say he couldn't be sociopathic before football huh? Another expert opinion of yours? I guess no bad people ever play football. The game makes them bad people when it messes up their brains? Are you going to stick with that story?
Strawman alert. Of course there are bad people who get into football. Those people are bad at the time and we have an established record of it at the time. Those people end up out of football pretty quickly. It's also an established fact that repeated blows to the head make otherwise good people bad. *Both* are true.

How do you explain all the people that played football that don't end up abusing their wife and kids, pointing guns at people, showing violent tendencies, and live well adjusted lives?

Some get their brains smashed, some don't.

Best,
-Slashy

Cyphon25
08-31-2018, 07:51 PM
I agree with both of you. I too was a massive Lloyd fan, but he appears to be a pretty crappy human being.

Same. Well, he was slightly before my time where I was really registering the game and developing favorites but he is one of the "legends" I remember from my younger fan days. Maybe my favorite Steeler from those years vaguely speaking but he doesn't rank with the Polamalus, Hamptons, Farriors, and such on my list. Even moreso now I guess.

Tecs > Pecs

GBMelBlount
08-31-2018, 08:08 PM
Vet minimum?

pczach
08-31-2018, 09:19 PM
Actually, it's "How dare you" pass judgment on the man when you don't know the situation. You have no idea "exactly what it is". But I also won't pass judgment on you for expressing your opinion, even though I consider your opinion "dick-ish". I don't know what you've been through. ;)

You tell me. If he has zero incidents prior to his career, yet you claim he was always this way, it's incumbent on *you* to prove it, not me.
ay:

I don't disagree here. Whatever criminal acts he has committed, they are his responsibility and he is the one who must pay for them. I never said he's not responsible for it, merely that his behavior is beyond his control. You seem to argue that if he was just a better person, maybe read a bible or something or had more compassion... that he would be different. Just a simple matter of "want to"?

Oh, I think you *do* understand.

Strawman alert. Of course there are bad people who get into football. Those people are bad at the time and we have an established record of it at the time. Those people end up out of football pretty quickly. It's also an established fact that repeated blows to the head make otherwise good people bad. *Both* are true.

Some get their brains smashed, some don't.

Best,
-Slashy

Lucky thing for the world that only you know who has, and who has not had their "brains smashed" as you say in your bolded comment.

I asked you a simple question: "And you know this how?" You can't answer anything definitively. You only provide a link to a lawsuit that anyone that played football can be a part of, and then list your assumptions that brain trauma from football caused this behavior.

You then make this entirely personal. Calling my responses to Greg Lloyd's behavior "shitty" and "dick-ish". Are you 13 years old? We disagree on this, but you decide to be a complete douche about it. Grow the fuck up.

You are making the unsubstantiated claims of knowledge here....not me. I'm simply commenting on what actually happened.

You have concocted an imaginary scenario where you know that football is the reason for his behavior. You have the burden of proof when making a claim like that....and you simply can't prove anything.

I made no such statement that reading a bible would make a difference. Stop claiming things I didn't say.

It's not a matter of "want to". The world has far too many people that stick guns in people's faces and commit acts of violence that never played football to demonstrate that there are bad people in this world. It's a common sense answer to a simple question that escapes you. You are trying to be so clever about this that you resort to make claims about things I never said.

Here's some reading for you and everyone else here. Some articles about Greg Lloyd, this one being an interview with his son on the day he signed his letter of intent to play for the University of Connecticut explaining why he has had no contact with his father since 2002. Lloyd Sr was charged with sticking the gun in his sons mouth in 2001. That was 17 years ago, and Lloyd Jr speaks of things his father did to his mother and his younger brother and sister before that incident.

http://cantstopthebleeding.com/greg-lloyd-jrs-letter-of-intent-to-stay-away-from-greg-sr

And another article about Lloyd Jr with some additional info: http://articles.courant.com/2007-02-07/news/0702070692_1_father-trial-worrisome-day

The article paints a not-so-pretty picture of Greg Lloyd and his behavior. It also mentions that a martial arts instructor that co-owns 2 martial arts studios with Lloyd talks about what a great man Lloyd is, and that he is a great role model for kids.

He trains with kids and so far as I know has never had an incident with any children at the martial arts studios. He is still active with martial arts and participates and instructs.

https://www.usadojo.com/nfl-stars-train-tae-kwon-do-with-young-brothers-institute/

How is it that Lloyd is around kids all the time, and doing interviews, but never has any reported incidents of violence? If he can't control himself because of "getting his brain scrambled" as you have been saying, how is it he keeps himself under control under those conditions? Why does he only abuse his family? He sounds a lot like most people that commit domestic abuse. If he had no control, this behavior would be showing itself everywhere...not just at home

This is another bullshit answer. We all know that the NFL has plenty of terrible people in it. So much bad behavior is swept under the rug and never reported because they are protected by the football machine. We have all heard the stories of players that have had crimes go away with the help of boosters, police, universities, coaches, hush money, football fans on juries, etc... This is an undeniable dark aspect of the sport that bad people are protected because they are athletes.

Sorry......I'm not buying your imaginary insight.

FrancoLambert
08-31-2018, 10:13 PM
Excusing people's conduct with the statement "his behavior is beyond his control" is the biggest cop out excuse regarding mental health.

What happened to the concept of being responsible for your own actions? Most of us learned that when we were very young.

Steeldude
09-01-2018, 02:36 AM

Because this is his wife

https://ioneblackamericaweb.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/7-foot-butt-2.jpg?quality=99&strip=all&w=325&h=554

86WARD
09-01-2018, 06:56 AM

What an f'ing loser.

You have no idea what he’s gone threw or what the situation was. Clearly the choice Lloyd made isn’t the right one, but you don’t know how far he was pushed or what’s going on on his life or head to judge. People get pushed to limits and do irrational things at times. He’s made a couple poor choices and I think it’s safe to say that he has some sort of mental issue. He needs some mental help is what he needs.

pczach
09-01-2018, 07:22 AM
You have no idea what he’s gone threw or what the situation was. Clearly the choice Lloyd made isn’t the right one, but you don’t know how far he was pushed or what’s going on on his life or head to judge. People get pushed to limits and do irrational things at times. He’s made a couple poor choices and I think it’s safe to say that he has some sort of mental issue. He needs some mental help is what he needs.

Did you read the links?

He put a gun in his 12 year old son's mouth because he wasn't happy with his grades. I guess the 12 year old boy really pushed him pretty far to do that.

Bad Grades? Former Steeler Greg Lloyd Has a Remedy

159 shares

tweet

email

By: Jason McIntyre (https://thebiglead.com/author/thebiglead/) | February 7, 2007 4:35 pm ET

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/newreply.php?do=postreply&t=29126
Remember when Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker Greg Lloyd was one of the most feared defensive players in all of football? For the better part of the 1990s, quarterbacks were terrified of his hulking 6-foot-2, 235-pound frame.
Apparently, his son – a prized college football recruit – was terrified of him, too (http://www.courant.com/sports/college/football/hc-lloyd0207.artfeb07,0,722296.story?coll=hc-headlines-sports).
She says it’s scary because Greg Lloyd’s father was accused of sticking a gun in his son’s mouth in 2001. Two trials in 2004 ended in hung juries and a third was not pursued.
Scary because Rhonda Lloyd’s former husband was accused, and pleaded no contest in 2004, to simple battery for pointing a gun at his estranged wife’s head in 2002.
He has not spoken to his father since 2002 and says he has no relationship with the man. According to press accounts of his testimony at the first trial, Greg Jr. said his father put the barrel of a Glock semiautomatic pistol in his mouth because he allegedly was upset about his 12-year-old son’s grades in school.

Who says athletes aren’t role models?

https://thebiglead.com/2007/02/07/bad-grades-former-steeler-greg-lloyd-has-a-remedy/

86WARD
09-01-2018, 07:48 AM
Did you read the links?

He put a gun in his 12 year old son's mouth because he wasn't happy with his grades. I guess the 12 year old boy really pushed him pretty far to do that.

Bad Grades? Former Steeler Greg Lloyd Has a Remedy

159 shares

tweet

email

By: Jason McIntyre (https://thebiglead.com/author/thebiglead/) | February 7, 2007 4:35 pm ET

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/newreply.php?do=postreply&t=29126
Remember when Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker Greg Lloyd was one of the most feared defensive players in all of football? For the better part of the 1990s, quarterbacks were terrified of his hulking 6-foot-2, 235-pound frame.
Apparently, his son – a prized college football recruit – was terrified of him, too (http://www.courant.com/sports/college/football/hc-lloyd0207.artfeb07,0,722296.story?coll=hc-headlines-sports).
She says it’s scary because Greg Lloyd’s father was accused of sticking a gun in his son’s mouth in 2001. Two trials in 2004 ended in hung juries and a third was not pursued.
Scary because Rhonda Lloyd’s former husband was accused, and pleaded no contest in 2004, to simple battery for pointing a gun at his estranged wife’s head in 2002.
He has not spoken to his father since 2002 and says he has no relationship with the man. According to press accounts of his testimony at the first trial, Greg Jr. said his father put the barrel of a Glock semiautomatic pistol in his mouth because he allegedly was upset about his 12-year-old son’s grades in school.

Who says athletes aren’t role models?

https://thebiglead.com/2007/02/07/bad-grades-former-steeler-greg-lloyd-has-a-remedy/

Yeah...that’s clearly something mentally wrong with Lloyd.

DesertSteel
09-01-2018, 08:42 AM

Best,
-Slashy
Thank you Dr. Slashy.

cold-hard-steel
09-01-2018, 08:56 AM
I'm just thankful the earth is flat.

43Hitman
09-01-2018, 09:15 AM

:lol:

pczach
09-01-2018, 10:46 AM

I'm not sure who you agree with, but that's funny. :chuckle:

86WARD
09-01-2018, 11:08 AM

Lol. My question to all that think it’s flat...what shape is it? Is it like a rectangle or could it be a right angle type deal?

86WARD
09-01-2018, 11:10 AM
I'm not sure who you agree with, but that's funny. :chuckle:

I’m not trying to argue with you. He’s definitely an asshole of some type...lol. He does however have something mentally wrong with him that may go way beyond what we know. Who knows what situations this guy is in but from his actions, he’s not mentally all there and needs some serious help.

Dwinsgames
09-01-2018, 11:11 AM
Lol. My question to all that think it’s flat...what shape is it? Is it like a rectangle or could it be a right angle type deal?

maybe its left angles have you ever thought of that ? lmao

86WARD
09-01-2018, 11:17 AM
maybe its left angles have you ever thought of that ? lmao

I knew someone would come up with that joke...lol...I thought for sure it was going to be @teegre though.

Craic
09-01-2018, 11:19 AM
Excusing people's conduct with the statement "his behavior is beyond his control" is the biggest cop out excuse regarding mental health.

What happened to the concept of being responsible for your own actions? Most of us learned that when we were very young.
I think you missed the concept concerning mental health. When someone has mental health issues, behaviors are not in their control precisely because of the mental health issue. What seems rational or responsible to you or me is not rational or responsible to someone else. In other situations, a person literally does not have the compunction to end a line of thought before it turns to action. It is why ADHD patients often make very poor decisions . . . there is a biochemical malfunction in the brain that disallows the normal editing function to cut in and say, "Are you really sure you want to do that?" And yes, science has identified exactly what it is and how it happens. For CTE, I would surmise it operates much like TBI, which can affect people in several different ways.

To use an illustration, you're expecting everyone's brain to run like a typical engine in a modern car where the computer is firing properly and all the liquids are in the right places with the right amounts at the right times. But what happens if the computer sends too much gas and not enough air into the injector? What if it overpressurizes a cylinder? What if one of the valves doesn't raise to allow the release of exhaust? Is it fair to simply demand the engine run like it should without taking into account there is a electronic or physical malfunction in the engine?

Look, I completely agree with you that people who have the mental ability to take responsibility absolutely should, and I really have little concern for them if they choose not to do so. On the other hand, expecting someone with mental health issues to just "take responsibility," in this day and age when we have legitimate scientific proof of several types of mental health issues and the way it screws up biochemistry in the brain, is unfathomable to me. It's ignorant at best (used in the literally sense of "not knowing") and ostrich-level denial at worst.

steelreserve
09-01-2018, 11:23 AM
Obviously the guy is not right in the head, and what it comes down to is how much you think that's his "fault" or not.

In other words, mentally ill and it's sad, or just a real asshole and needs to be in jail.

I don't know how you figure that out from news articles.

Dwinsgames
09-01-2018, 11:26 AM
I think you missed the concept concerning mental health. When someone has mental health issues, behaviors are not in their control precisely because of the mental health issue. What seems rational or responsible to you or me is not rational or responsible to someone else. In other situations, a person literally does not have the compunction to end a line of thought before it turns to action. It is why ADHD patients often make very poor decisions . . . there is a biochemical malfunction in the brain that disallows the normal editing function to cut in and say, "Are you really sure you want to do that?" And yes, science has identified exactly what it is and how it happens. For CTE, I would surmise it operates much like TBI, which can affect people in several different ways.

To use an illustration, you're expecting everyone's brain to run like a typical engine in a modern car where the computer is firing properly and all the liquids are in the right places with the right amounts at the right times. But what happens if the computer sends too much gas and not enough air into the injector? What if it overpressurizes a cylinder? What if one of the valves doesn't raise to allow the release of exhaust? Is it fair to simply demand the engine run like it should without taking into account there is a electronic or physical malfunction in the engine?

Look, I completely agree with you that people who have the mental ability to take responsibility absolutely should, and I really have little concern for them if they choose not to do so. On the other hand, expecting someone with mental health issues to just "take responsibility," in this day and age when we have legitimate scientific proof of several types of mental health issues and the way it screws up biochemistry in the brain, is unfathomable to me. It's ignorant at best (used in the literally sense of "not knowing") and ostrich-level denial at worst.

I am far from an expert so try and shy away from this sort of topic , but I know you are well versed so will ask ...

how is one to explain ( as mentioned earlier in the thread ) the fact that Lloyd has spent years prior to , during and since retiring from the NFL with basically a clean record and no instances of violent behavior towards anyone OTHER THAN his own family ... being a Karate Dojo owner and instructor I am sure he gets hit during instruction and that would lead one to at the very least believe to be a trigger yet no violent behavior ...

then goes home and sticks gun down his own sons throat , or pulls one on his wife and threatens her ...

I could be wrong but this does not seem like its because of head injuries or it would be more rampant outbursts in other manners and against other people as well ...

thoughts ?

Craic
09-01-2018, 12:23 PM
I am far from an expert so try and shy away from this sort of topic , but I know you are well versed so will ask ...

how is one to explain ( as mentioned earlier in the thread ) the fact that Lloyd has spent years prior to , during and since retiring from the NFL with basically a clean record and no instances of violent behavior towards anyone OTHER THAN his own family ... being a Karate Dojo owner and instructor I am sure he gets hit during instruction and that would lead one to at the very least believe to be a trigger yet no violent behavior ...

then goes home and sticks gun down his own sons throat , or pulls one on his wife and threatens her ...

I could be wrong but this does not seem like its because of head injuries or it would be more rampant outbursts in other manners and against other people as well ...

thoughts ?

I am far from an expert myself. My familiarity came from self-education when I was pastoring as I had people I was ministering to that either had, or had loved ones who were dealing with issues. That, and once I learned I had ADHD, I did quite a bit of research and learned a lot about my own behavior (my ADHD is mild enough that I can set correctives in place and catch most things, but there are still some things that I just can't seem to break, such as literally not seeing things around the house and driving my wife mad because it comes across as me not caring or being lazy, but I literally do not notice it most of the time. What's worse, sometimes when I do, if I try to go do, say, the dishes, it is as though my entire body shuts down. Thankfully, ADHD meds have helped that tremendously).

That being said, my guess would be several issues. Different disease and conditions occur at different stages of life. For many, things like Schizophrenia will not show up until the late twenties or early thirties. The same is true for some who are bi-polar or clinically depressed. Aging also changes the brain and brain chemistry. As he's aged the chemistry might have changed to the point where he is now no longer able to control impulses like he once did. I wonder if the "loss of editor" many older people deal with is part of this. If I remember correctly, CTE is also something that gets worse as a person ages.

Again, let me stress, everything I've said above is mainly from self-research. That, or having friends who have suffered through the onset of schizophrenia or bi-polar or clinical depression as adults. I also have friend whose wife dealt with TBI (Traumatic Brain Injury). Over time, it changed her personality. I did a little research into that and it's really quite scary. It can turn a sweet little housewife into a raging nymphomaniac who sleeps with anyone she can, or can shut off her sexuality altogether (same with men, but I was researching for the friend and his wife, so...). It can make a warm person completely cold or see a person start taking all types of risks.

I'm trying to remember from a few years ago, but I think there was a link between what people experienced with TBI and CTE, although the latter was a much slower onset, but again, don't take my word for it as I'm trying to recall research from half a decade ago.

pczach
09-01-2018, 12:26 PM
I’m not trying to argue with you. He’s definitely an asshole of some type...lol. He does however have something mentally wrong with him that may go way beyond what we know. Who knows what situations this guy is in but from his actions, he’s not mentally all there and needs some serious help.

I was quoting cold-hard-steel with that post.

Dwinsgames
09-01-2018, 01:10 PM
I am far from an expert myself. My familiarity came from self-education when I was pastoring as I had people I was ministering to that either had, or had loved ones who were dealing with issues. That, and once I learned I had ADHD, I did quite a bit of research and learned a lot about my own behavior (my ADHD is mild enough that I can set correctives in place and catch most things, but there are still some things that I just can't seem to break, such as literally not seeing things around the house and driving my wife mad because it comes across as me not caring or being lazy, but I literally do not notice it most of the time. What's worse, sometimes when I do, if I try to go do, say, the dishes, it is as though my entire body shuts down. Thankfully, ADHD meds have helped that tremendously).

That being said, my guess would be several issues. Different disease and conditions occur at different stages of life. For many, things like Schizophrenia will not show up until the late twenties or early thirties. The same is true for some who are bi-polar or clinically depressed. Aging also changes the brain and brain chemistry. As he's aged the chemistry might have changed to the point where he is now no longer able to control impulses like he once did. I wonder if the "loss of editor" many older people deal with is part of this. If I remember correctly, CTE is also something that gets worse as a person ages.

Again, let me stress, everything I've said above is mainly from self-research. That, or having friends who have suffered through the onset of schizophrenia or bi-polar or clinical depression as adults. I also have friend whose wife dealt with TBI (Traumatic Brain Injury). Over time, it changed her personality. I did a little research into that and it's really quite scary. It can turn a sweet little housewife into a raging nymphomaniac who sleeps with anyone she can, or can shut off her sexuality altogether (same with men, but I was researching for the friend and his wife, so...). It can make a warm person completely cold or see a person start taking all types of risks.

I'm trying to remember from a few years ago, but I think there was a link between what people experienced with TBI and CTE, although the latter was a much slower onset, but again, don't take my word for it as I'm trying to recall research from half a decade ago.

good info , but how is he seemingly able to control his abusive / destructive behavior everywhere BUT home and his family seemingly are his only victims

GoSlash27
09-01-2018, 01:33 PM

DWins,
This is precisely *why* it points to head injuries; Lloyd had no record of this sort of behavior prior to or during his career. It was only after he retired (long after) when it began. This is the normal pattern for CBI. If he had been that way the entire time, he would've displayed that behavior the entire time.

And (this is for the board in general, not you personally) for the third time, I'm not defending his abusive behavior or absolving him of blame. Even if it's "not his fault", it's still his fault. He chose to expose himself to these risks. Now he's facing criminal charges and has alienated everyone who loved him. Rather than judging him from afar and piling on, consider the likelihood that *he never wanted to be what he has become*; that he would never *choose* to do the awful things he has done. He would be a different guy if he could, he simply can't control his own behavior.
I'm not going to sit here on the internet and hurl scorn and anger at the dude. If I took enough blows to the head, I'd be just like him.

Best,
-Slashy

Craic
09-01-2018, 01:40 PM
good info , but how is he seemingly able to control his abusive / destructive behavior everywhere BUT home and his family seemingly are his only victims

Good question. And in truth, I'm not qualified to answer it with anything but pure opinion. I do know that family can push buttons and make anyone go out of their mind. So if there's a mental health issue already . . .

All of that said, also realize I'm not saying Lloyd has mental health issues or CTE or anything like that. He may just be a peckerhead. The response to which you posted was simply responding to someone else's ideas about mental health in general.

teegre
09-01-2018, 02:08 PM

/thread