PDA

View Full Version : Which Player Injury Should We Be Most Worried About?

DesertSteel
08-27-2018, 08:47 PM
So the regular season is less than two weeks away. There are several "minor" injuries to key players. Which one should we be most worried about??

BlackAndGold
08-27-2018, 09:01 PM
McDonald. Colbert said he should be ready to go week one but plantar fasciitis can be tricky.

SteelerCountry58
08-27-2018, 09:36 PM
I agree about McDonald, the guy is a shattered piece of glass. He has talent but is not dependable. We we’re spoiled with Heath and so far haven’t come close to replacing him.

teegre
08-27-2018, 09:40 PM
Watt

Hamstrings can derail entire seasons, because they are easily reaggravated.

DesertSteel
08-27-2018, 10:03 PM
Watt

Sadly, he’s my guy too.

Dwinsgames
08-28-2018, 09:10 AM
Watt

Watt and Foster for me ...

Fosters age worries me when injury comes into play they are gonna try and have him ready to go for week 1 and that may be to much to soon , he is a bigger piece than given credit on this line

86WARD
08-28-2018, 09:59 AM
Watt

pczach
08-28-2018, 11:15 AM
Watt.

With Shazier out, he has become their Swiss army knife. He rushes the passer well, is good in coverage, and can play inside or outside in multiple schemes with his athleticism.

Hamstring injuries scare me.

st33lersguy
08-28-2018, 12:14 PM
Watt. the hamstring may be something that effects him throughout, and the Steelers need him to step up in year 2. Matthew Thomas may be emerging this preseason, but still I need to see regular season snaps before I am comfortable with any LB outside of TJ and VW. If TJ is ineffective, it can get really bad for the defense

AtlantaDan
08-28-2018, 12:52 PM
Watt.

With Shazier out, he has become their Swiss army knife. He rushes the passer well, is good in coverage, and can play inside or outside in multiple schemes with his athleticism.

Hamstring injuries scare me.

Watt on a defense that is not brimming with Pro Bowl level talent other than at DL

Groin strain last season too - sometimes you train to the point your body is carrying more muscle than its frame can support - this prior to the start of camp last month

Watt’s trainer told ESPN that Watt eats 8,000 calories a day and drinks two gallons of water a day to get him through the grueling workouts he’s been doing back home in Wisconsin

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/07/20/8000-calories-and-two-gallons-of-water-a-day-fueled-t-j-watts-offseason-work/

DesertSteel
08-28-2018, 12:54 PM
Watt and J. James did return to practice on Monday. Hopefully he keeps clean.

steelreserve
08-28-2018, 01:20 PM
Plantar Facitis - that's the kind of thing that will be a nagging injury where you play 2 games, miss 3-4 weeks, come back and be ineffective, play 2 games, miss 3-4 weeks, come back and be ineffective ... repeat until end of season. Plus it's McDonald, so we're probably looking at the worst case.

Not as worried about Foster, since we have plenty of capable backups.

steel striker
08-28-2018, 01:54 PM
Wyatt/McDonald

El-Gonzo Jackson
08-28-2018, 04:15 PM
Watt

I agree, the Steelers need Watt to be productive.

Glass McDonald has been dropping footballs, getting injured and cashing checks in the NFL for a long enough time that I don't expect anything different from him. Should have cut him while there was some cap savings to be had.