PDA

View Full Version : What other NFL cities have you been to watch the Steelers play?

saturdaysarebetter
08-17-2018, 06:22 AM
While watching the game last night, hopefully one day I'll get to Lambeau Field. What other NFL cities have you been to watch the Steelers play?

For me:
Buffalo
Cleveland
Indianapolis
Carolina
Jacksonville
Tampa Bay

Hawkman
08-17-2018, 06:29 AM
Baltimore
Washington

Born2Steel
08-17-2018, 07:38 AM
I have only been to 1. It was in St. Louis.

teegre
08-17-2018, 07:51 AM
San Diego: like 7 times. The most memorable was Christmas Eve 1994. We had tickets for the nosebleeds, but when we got there, my dad was convinced that we needed to go left. I follow him, knowing sure well that our seats were to the right. We come out at the press level at the 50 yard line... and he says, “Merry Christmas!!!” #bestgiftever

Arizona: 3 times. If you haven’t been to the new complex, it is amazing. It has all three stadiums (football, baseball, hockey) sharing a side of a giant letter Y ...with a dining/hotel area in the middle. Really well laid out.

mark0933
08-17-2018, 09:53 AM
We plan our vacation around a game. My wife and my goal is to eventually see every stadium. This year we'd love to hit New Orleans, not sure yet if we can swing that though.

Been to :

Cleveland
Cincinnati
Detroit
Kansas City
Atlanta
Buffalo
Nashville

fansince'76
08-17-2018, 11:14 AM
Denver and Houston (in the Astrodome against the old Oilers).

tube517
08-17-2018, 11:22 AM
Denver and Houston (in the Astrodome against the old Oilers).

Bum Phillips era or Glanville?

fansince'76
08-17-2018, 11:34 AM
Bum Phillips era or Glanville?

Pardee/Fisher - it was not too long before they moved to Nashville and became the Titans.

AtlantaDan
08-17-2018, 12:00 PM
Miami (Super Bowl X)
Atlanta (3 times -in 1996 when the Falcons were awful the Steelers fans were louder than the Falcons fans :chuckle: )

DesertSteel
08-17-2018, 12:20 PM
Arizona: 3 times. If you haven’t been to the new complex, it is amazing. It has all three stadiums (football, baseball, hockey) sharing a side of a giant letter Y ...with a dining/hotel area in the middle. Really well laid out.
Where are you talking about? The baseball stadium isn't anywhere near the football stadium.

teegre
08-17-2018, 01:18 PM
Where are you talking about? The baseball stadium isn't anywhere near the football stadium.

Basketball

DesertSteel
08-17-2018, 01:28 PM
Basketball
You're getting closer - lol. The hockey arena is next to the football stadium in Glendale but the baseball stadium is next to the basketball arena near downtown Phoenix.

I love the baseball stadium but I don't care much for the football venue with the dome look. I'm glad it's indoors though. No one wants to watch football in the AZ sun at 110 in September.

ALLD
08-17-2018, 01:36 PM
Miami

GoSlash27
08-17-2018, 01:55 PM
St. Louis and Kansas City.

EzraTank
08-17-2018, 02:57 PM
I'm going to Tampa this year to watch.

teegre
08-17-2018, 10:10 PM
You're getting closer - lol. The hockey arena is next to the football stadium in Glendale but the baseball stadium is next to the basketball arena near downtown Phoenix.

I love the baseball stadium but I don't care much for the football venue with the dome look. I'm glad it's indoors though. No one wants to watch football in the AZ sun at 110 in September.

:doh: Two stadiums, three stadiums... it’s a cool place.

So, here’s my story about that venue. The night before the game, my brother, my father, my bro-in-law & his best friend, and I are at The Yard House located inside if that stadium/hotel/restaurant madhouse. There are (no joke) 30,000 Steelers fans walking around & eating in all of the restaurants. I’m a word, it was “lit.”

So...

My bro-in-law says he knows of a Steelers bar that is supposed to be awesome. I’m like... look around!!! He says that I promised him that I’d go with him to the Steelers bar, and me being a man of my word, I drive him 30 miles out into the middle of nowhere. We walk in to this dive bar, and there are a whopping 9 people. To make matters worse, one of them was a Seahawks fan who drunkenly tried to convince me that the Seahawks had actually won SuperBowl XL. (Not just bad refs, but that they had actually won.)

Yeah... so... my bro-in-law isn’t allowed to make decisions any more.

smokin3000gt
08-17-2018, 11:25 PM
tampa, miami, jacksonville and of course pitt

Born2Steel
08-18-2018, 12:28 AM
:doh: Two stadiums, three stadiums... it’s a cool place.

So, here’s my story about that venue. The night before the game, my brother, my father, my bro-in-law & his best friend, and I are at The Yard House located inside if that stadium/hotel/restaurant madhouse. There are (no joke) 30,000 Steelers fans walking around & eating in all of the restaurants. I’m a word, it was “lit.”

So...

My bro-in-law says he knows of a Steelers bar that is supposed to be awesome. I’m like... look around!!! He says that I promised him that I’d go with him to the Steelers bar, and me being a man of my word, I drive him 30 miles out into the middle of nowhere. We walk in to this dive bar, and there are a whopping 9 people. To make matters worse, one of them was a Seahawks fan who drunkenly tried to convince me that the Seahawks had actually won SuperBowl XL. (Not just bad refs, but that they had actually won.)

Yeah... so... my bro-in-law isn’t allowed to make decisions any more.

Sports bars/areas...when it's really good stay put.

FrancoLambert
08-18-2018, 07:52 AM
Dallas - Ben throws a pick 6 in OT to lose the game. (Visiting the Dallas Book Depository was the highlight of the trip....if you visit Dallas make time to visit it)

Beautiful Secaucus, N.J. - home of the Jersey Giants and Jersey Jets. (Skip it, Metlife Stadium sucks as a place to watch a game)

86WARD
08-18-2018, 08:27 AM
Just Philadelphia and Baltimore for me. I haven’t seen them in Heinz Field yet...saw two at three Rivers. The tickets are just so damn expensive...

venom
08-20-2018, 10:06 AM
New York ( Jets at Shea )
New Jersey ( Jets and Giants )
Baltimore
Miami
Chicago
Philly
Cleveland
Buffalo

cheezheadsteeler
08-20-2018, 11:34 AM
Green Bay - Lambeau Field is a must
Minnesota - prior to US Bank stadium
Jacksonville
Arizona
Washington DC
Cleveland
Cincinnati
Indianapolis
Kansas City
Charlotte
Tampa Bay
(and of course Heinz Field and 3 Rivers Stadium)