PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Got a Theory

Mojouw
08-16-2018, 09:05 PM
On way Rudolph looked late and high on many of his throws?

I saw the 2nd string o line was leaking pretty good. But couldn’t see from the Wisconsin local broadcast if the wideouts were rounding off routes or what.

Surprised because his footwork seemed okayish. But he sailed quite a few throws that an NFL starter just has to make.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neversatisfied
08-16-2018, 09:26 PM
2nd preseason game for a rookie?

Cyphon25
08-16-2018, 10:58 PM
Definitely noticed the high throws but it is always hard to tell who is at fault. He looked a little uncomfortable in the pocket dealing with pressure which may have had something to do with it. The line didn't do him any favors but he also doesn't feel the pressure well and move in the pocket the right way.

As I said in my thread, on the whole I actually feel good about his performance. I thought he showed good resilience after a first pass pick 6. Still a rookie with plenty of time to grow.

pczach
08-17-2018, 05:52 AM
On way Rudolph looked late and high on many of his throws?

I saw the 2nd string o line was leaking pretty good. But couldn’t see from the Wisconsin local broadcast if the wideouts were rounding off routes or what.

Surprised because his footwork seemed okayish. But he sailed quite a few throws that an NFL starter just has to make.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It usually happens when a quarterback has to come off of his progression and makes a quick throw when someone flashes open and he can't get his correct footwork under him.

And of course, sometimes you're just off and can't reel it in.

teegre
08-17-2018, 08:02 AM
This is exactly what I was afraid of (prior to the draft).

From what I've seen (college & now), when he “feels” pressure, he tends to float his passes. (Jones checks down, Rudolph floats.) It’s why I was scared to draft Rudolph in R1, but I am also fine with trading Martavis Bustant for him.

“Floating” may always be Rudolph’s Achilles heel. When QBs get uncomfortable, they revert back to their bad habits. That said, it could also improve. Risk-reward wise, “Bryant for Rudolph” was a very smart move.

teegre
08-17-2018, 08:25 AM
I mention it here:
http://www.thepointofpittsburgh.com/what-has-a-mock-draft-ever-done-for-us/

And here:
http://www.thepointofpittsburgh.com/the-2018-steelers-draft-big-board/

DesertSteel
08-17-2018, 12:16 PM
Just seems that he hasn't gotten comfortable or in a rhythm. My first thought when he threw that pick-6 was that it could be good for him as a wake-up call to be protective of the football, or NFL will mean Not For Long.

steelreserve
08-17-2018, 12:19 PM
He looked high? Maybe he was hanging out with Le'Veon's rapper friends.

GoSlash27
08-18-2018, 11:05 AM
He was rattled. He'll probably settle down once he gains more knowledge of the system, better protection, and the confidence that comes with it.

Or perhaps not... ;)

Best,
-Slashy