PDA

View Full Version : Jalen Ramsey calls Ben 'decent at best'

hawaiiansteeler
08-16-2018, 12:51 AM
Jalen Ramsey calls Ben Roethlisberger 'decent at best'

By Jacob Klinger

Jalen Ramsey considers Ben Roethlisberger "decent at best."

The Jacksonville Jaguars star cornerback ran the rule over many of the top quarterbacks in the NFL in an article published in GQ on Wednesday. And while Ramsey gave some props to the Steelers quarterback, he didn't make the initial list of players he rattled off when asked which quarterbacks "don't suck."

Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady did.

"Big Ben [Roethlisberger], I think he's decent at best... It's not Big Ben, it's [Antonio Brown]. Big Ben slings the ball a lot of the time. He just slings it, and his receivers go get it. He has a strong arm, but he ain't all that. I played him twice last year, and he really disappointed me. He'll be in the Hall of Fame and all that." --Jalen Ramsey, to GQ

to read rest of article:

https://www.pennlive.com/steelers/index.ssf/2018/08/jalen_ramsey_ben_roethlisberger.html

pczach
08-16-2018, 05:55 AM
Ramsey is such an ass. He's a great player, but he's just a complete douchebag.

He's riding the wave of the media when he says Ben's receivers just "go get" the ball.

I guess all of Ben's receivers must be going to the HOF to light up his defense like they did in the playoffs. :jerkit:

steel striker
08-16-2018, 06:10 AM
I can't stand Ramsey if he was so great what happened in the AFC title game in the second half against the Pats/Brady??? Ramsey got a big mouth and, now a target on his back I guess he does not remember how close the Steelers were to beating them in the playoffs last year even with a 21 point spot.

tube517
08-16-2018, 07:33 AM
Elevator music

86WARD
08-16-2018, 07:58 AM
He also said that Ben will be in the Hall of Fame. Can’t be “decent” and be in the HOF.

It’s refreshing to see an athlete speak their true thoughts instead of the mindless media friendly bullshit that they usually spew.

Two thumbs up to Ramsey for being “an ass” or honest.

st33lersguy
08-16-2018, 08:21 AM
Guy is a jackass, just like that entire team and their bandwagon fans (mostly resigned to transplant 12ers at this point). At least when the Patriots became relevant, they waited a few years before becoming unlikeable, it only took the Jags one season of coasting to the AFC Championship game thanks to a weak AFC and easy schedule before becoming unlikeable.

Edman
08-16-2018, 09:23 AM
Props to Ramsey for not giving the politician's answer and giving his real thoughts.

I think the Jaguars Defense is decent at best.

It appears Ramsey let last year's success go to his head. "Sacksonville" wasn't exactly stellar against Pittsburgh the second go around. Bortles and Fournette saved their asses.

Cyphon25
08-16-2018, 09:47 AM
Yeah I definitely appreciate him not giving a vanilla answer even if his answers are kind of dumb. I'll take dumb honest answers over the alternative of "every play is great and blah blah blah".

Mojouw
08-16-2018, 10:27 AM
I think Ramsey is hilarious. Anyone who can elevate trash talking to another level is always entertaining. I mean he took out his phone and scrolled through rosters to even remember who all the starting QBs were. C'mon that is some funny stuff right there.

Everyone is taking all this WAAAYYY to seriously.

Guys like Jalen Ramsey keep the NFL fun. Too few do that. It is almost always overly serious cliched "coach-speak" answers.

I guess now we should start talking about how the Jags coach has lost control of the locker-room, Ramsey is a cancer eating away at the Jags from the inside, and if the lose even one game this season it is because they were looking past the opponent and gave the other QB too much bulletin board material.

BlackAndGold
08-16-2018, 10:36 AM
Ramsey is a baller that can back up his talk. We can only dream of having him on this team.

Moose
08-16-2018, 10:46 AM
Hey, I get it and agree that Ramsey is a ass. We all know that Ben is HOF qb, no doubt. But you have to remember when Ramsey played the Steeler's they seem to have our number and give our team fits, almost like the damn N.E. cheaters. Ben did have a hell of a time with the jags. Just have to bump the brakes, so to speak, with what Ramsey thinks, and prove him different NOV 18.

vader29
08-16-2018, 04:30 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DkpvdGpW4AAbNZo.jpg

Steelerchad
08-16-2018, 06:46 PM
If this was true, then how do you explain how Mike Wallace went from the most highly sought after free agent WR to a nobody after 3 different teams and QB's and Santonio Holmes pretty much had the same career tract after he was cut loose. I'm not saying Ben's the best, but he's for damn sure top 5 of his era, which is a fair bit better than "decent".

Lady Steel
08-16-2018, 07:06 PM
I simply don't care.

Go Ben!

tom444
08-16-2018, 07:09 PM
I think Ramsey is hilarious. Anyone who can elevate trash talking to another level is always entertaining.

This.

vader29
08-16-2018, 07:27 PM

fansince'76
08-16-2018, 08:06 PM
Ramsey is a baller that can back up his talk. We can only dream of having him on this team.

Perhaps we can tank a season and garner a top-5 pick to get a CB of that caliber, because picking in the mid-to-high 20s and lower isn't getting it...