PDA

View Full Version : I Find All This Hilarious

Mojouw
08-15-2018, 12:48 PM
https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2018/8/15/17691406/local-pittsburgh-media-speaks-out-against-steelers-antonio-brown-for-responding-to-injury-claims

SO...apparently, sportswriters can offer opinions on the motivations, mental states, personality types, and mindsets of players BUT players can not do the same about sportswriters?

Honestly, I can not think of a more useless group of folks than beat writers from newspapers and the NFL network.

I'll take the work and word of podcasters and bloggers any day over these dinosaurs.

tube517
08-15-2018, 12:56 PM
I laughed out loud at AB's tweet.

Dwinsgames
08-15-2018, 12:57 PM

Mojouw
08-15-2018, 12:59 PM

Nice! I mean Madden's whole career is being a narcissistic douchecanoe.

Dwinsgames
08-15-2018, 01:02 PM
Nice! I mean Madden's whole career is being a narcissistic douchecanoe.

exactly , if twitter would allow edits I would add SLOB but I suspect I am blocked by now lol ..

Madden is constantly ridiculing members of the Steelers , Pirates and Pens and never any repercussions never any apologies .... where the hell does that pig get off demanding anyone apologize for anything

Dwinsgames
08-15-2018, 01:19 PM

BlackAndGold
08-15-2018, 02:07 PM
The media has always been soft.

They do no wrong in their eyes.

Also, Madden is a clown. He acts like a heel wrestler(was a color commentator for WCW in the 90's until 01') but on twitter. He's a sad human being, who should stick to hockey. Knows nothing about football or baseball for that matter.

SteelMember
08-15-2018, 02:15 PM
Bouchette has acted like he doesn't even want the job anymore. He acts pained and/or annoyed to even be there.
Seems to have provided for him pretty well over the years...

Click bait and headline scooping seem to be the norm for most media anyway. That's not what most would say is "real reporting".

fansince'76
08-15-2018, 09:03 PM
Appearing as a guest on 93.7 The Fan on the Cook and Poni Show, Bouchette gave his reply to Brown’s remark.

“I always thought he was a decent guy and I’m not changing my opinion on that, but he has become more of a diva over the years. I don’t think that is a secret.”

He's also arguably the hardest-working player in the league and shows up to play every single week. I'll take that trade-off.

st33lersguy
08-15-2018, 09:15 PM

The irony is amazing

Dwinsgames
08-15-2018, 09:56 PM
He's also arguably the hardest-working player in the league and shows up to play every single week. I'll take that trade-off.

agreed .....

its far better to be good and know it , than to think you are and not realize you're not ..

as stated he trains as hard or harder than anyone , he leads by example stays after to catch 130+ balls after practice on the jugs machine the first week of camp ...this is a man who is never satisfied with his accomplishments and that is how you define greatness ....

is he a bit arrogant , probably so but he has worked hard to get there and most can over look it because of the work ...

but to tell someone they are Lying when they are actually Lying and then be ridiculed for it ? Meh I would avoid all the asshats getting on me about it if I where him , its easy to say IDK next question every time they ask something

LLT
08-16-2018, 05:03 AM
I've said it before and I will say it again...I could put Ed Bouchette's articles on the bottom of my bird cage and the most interesting content will be what comes out of my Parrots butt.

Cyphon25
08-16-2018, 09:00 AM
Hmmm....So first thing is, I know literally nothing about Bouchette or Madden so I need to put out there first. Have never read, listened to, or followed either of them and have no opinion or background of them. With that being said, it looks like AB overreacted a little there with that tweet. All Bouchette did was report a perceived injury in a tweet. He didn't say AB was being lazy or checking out or anything like that so why the need for "have some respect" and "clown" from AB? Are there tweets I am missing here?

And maybe you guys are right about Madden (again, I wouldn't know) but he also isn't wrong about AB. AB is egotistical and a narcissist and for every good quality he has he displays a lot of bad as well. Look, I LOVE that AB is a Steeler and wouldn't trade him for any other receiver in the league, but he is wrong here based on what I am seeing regardless of who the other guys are.

teegre
08-16-2018, 09:12 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4KsvXdb5s0&app=desktop&persist_app=1

Dwinsgames
08-16-2018, 09:32 AM
Hmmm....So first thing is, I know literally nothing about Bouchette or Madden so I need to put out there first. Have never read, listened to, or followed either of them and have no opinion or background of them. With that being said, it looks like AB overreacted a little there with that tweet. All Bouchette did was report a perceived injury in a tweet. He didn't say AB was being lazy or checking out or anything like that so why the need for "have some respect" and "clown" from AB? Are there tweets I am missing here?

And maybe you guys are right about Madden (again, I wouldn't know) but he also isn't wrong about AB. AB is egotistical and a narcissist and for every good quality he has he displays a lot of bad as well. Look, I LOVE that AB is a Steeler and wouldn't trade him for any other receiver in the league, but he is wrong here based on what I am seeing regardless of who the other guys are.

1) this is far from the first time Mr.Ed has falsely reported about players , he is a smug I know more than you kind of guy at every turn ... if you disagree with him or prove him wrong about anything he blocks you on social media ... he will not debate , he will not discuss or explain his logic .... question his all knowing and you are blocked in other words he is an asshole

2) Mark Madden for 25-30 years how ever long he has been around is a slob who throws out hot takes and belittles any and all in his path , he is a egotistical , arrogant big mouth that more often than not is wrong , always rude .. and he seems to think it is ok to call players names and NEVER have to apologize but the first time a player calls Ed a name he demands an apology or else that player is not longer a man and is worthy of being called names with no repercussions .... nothing new for Madden he is always calling someone something ..... ( he tries to be the Howard Stern of sports radio only he isnt funny )

AB has nothing to apologize for , on the other hand Mr Ed the talking horses ass should be apologizing to the PPG for stealing a paycheck for the last 10 years , and Mark Madden should have been run out of town years ago ....

Cyphon25
08-16-2018, 09:42 AM
AB has nothing to apologize for , on the other hand Mr Ed the talking horses ass should be apologizing to the PPG for stealing a paycheck for the last 10 years , and Mark Madden should have been run out of town years ago ....

Well if that is true about those guys than it looks like the pot calling the kettle black. That being said, those guys being like that doesn't really excuse poor conduct by AB. It makes him seem no different when he starts insulting guys just for reporting a potential injury. Looks real bad on AB's part but he has done things like this before so it isn't really surprising.

But yeah, AB should apologize for being a dick.

Moose
08-16-2018, 09:53 AM
LOL. The ONLY sports writer I ever read and respect is Ray Fittipaldo. He just seems to give you the info needed, answer's any questions you have.....with respect ! Dulac and Bouchette are just abusive reading. They talk down to anyone asking questions. They are pure Steeler employees, telling you just what the team wants you to know. In MY opinion. They seem to forget that most of us aren't privy to 'inside' info from locker rooms or FO news. Ray seems to tell it like it is .... in our lingo. There are just too many idiotic sports talking heads out there to waste time with. Again, my opinion. I want sports info.....I go to Ray.

Dwinsgames
08-16-2018, 09:54 AM
Well if that is true about those guys than it looks like the pot calling the kettle black. That being said, those guys being like that doesn't really excuse poor conduct by AB. It makes him seem no different when he starts insulting guys just for reporting a potential injury. Looks real bad on AB's part but he has done things like this before so it isn't really surprising.

But yeah, AB should apologize for being a dick.

I adamantly disagree .....

that's like saying a guy punches you in the mouth and you retaliate and punch him in the mouth and then YOU are expected to apologize ...................

I am a cause and effect guy ..... you lie .... you get called out .... the one who calls out is NEVER at fault , as without the original lie none of the rest happens and for the record it was a CLEAR cut lie as the original tweets reply's prove ...

check the replies

in real time right after the tweet from Ed ... does this look like a limping/ hurt AB

Cyphon25
08-16-2018, 10:06 AM
I adamantly disagree .....

that's like saying a guy punches you in the mouth and you retaliate and punch him in the mouth and then YOU are expected to apologize ...................

I am a cause and effect guy ..... you lie .... you get called out .... the one who calls out is NEVER at fault , as without the original lie none of the rest happens and for the record it was a CLEAR cut lie as the original tweets reply's prove ...

I don't disagree with your general stance but that doesn't fit the facts. AB didn't say "hey man that's wrong, I was fine" or "why are you lying". He called him a clown and said have some respect. There is no insult in Bouchettes post so there isn't the cause and effect of insult vs insult.

This is like if I accidentally step on your shoe and you stab me with a knife.

Dwinsgames
08-16-2018, 10:55 AM
I don't disagree with your general stance but that doesn't fit the facts. AB didn't say "hey man that's wrong, I was fine" or "why are you lying". He called him a clown and said have some respect. There is no insult in Bouchettes post so there isn't the cause and effect of insult vs insult.

This is like if I accidentally step on your shoe and you stab me with a knife.

cumulative effect ....

something you would have to have been paying attention to over the years ..Mr Ed has been a talking horses ass longer than AB has been a Steeler , he's fed up with the BS that comes out of Ed .... I get it ....

you don't but you have no historical references with Ed as many of us here do so we understand it ... you do not , so you do not

Dwinsgames
08-16-2018, 12:04 PM
here is a sample of this Mark Madden asshat ...

but his tweets are mild compared to his on air stuff

one asshole talking about another one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKvIX74sZC4

Cyphon25
08-16-2018, 01:49 PM
cumulative effect ....

something you would have to have been paying attention to over the years ..Mr Ed has been a talking horses ass longer than AB has been a Steeler , he's fed up with the BS that comes out of Ed .... I get it ....

you don't but you have no historical references with Ed as many of us here do so we understand it ... you do not , so you do not

Yeah I have no historical context but for me I would need to see something pretty bad from Bouchette about AB. I mean he literally just reported what he thought was an injury (at least based on the tweet). It is going to be hard to convince me that should trigger so much anger.

You and AB's reaction seems like the tweet said "AB limped off the field, must be trying to get the day off to play Madden" or "AB limped off of the field, continues to show he doesn't care about the team".

I didn't see anything like that there so I am not convinced this wasn't just more of AB being AB. Again, this is a guy who does great things one minute and the next something like this tweet. It isn't like this is new or surprising for AB so I don't really understand the defense of him in this case.

Dwinsgames
08-16-2018, 02:11 PM
Yeah I have no historical context but for me I would need to see something pretty bad from Bouchette about AB. I mean he literally just reported what he thought was an injury (at least based on the tweet). It is going to be hard to convince me that should trigger so much anger.

You and AB's reaction seems like the tweet said "AB limped off the field, must be trying to get the day off to play Madden" or "AB limped off of the field, continues to show he doesn't care about the team".

I didn't see anything like that there so I am not convinced this wasn't just more of AB being AB. Again, this is a guy who does great things one minute and the next something like this tweet. It isn't like this is new or surprising for AB so I don't really understand the defense of him in this case.

start following Mr Ed , read his stuff online , follow on social media and get back to me after a couple ( or MANY years of misreporting stuff ) Brown just had had enough ....

idk you looked like you was ( insert blank here ) and you was doing nothing of the sort but was being put out there in from of hundreds of thousands of people ( or more ) ,, bet your not happy at that point either

Cyphon25
08-16-2018, 07:14 PM
Whatever man. AB was in the wrong. Defending him is just clear bias as a fan of his.

Dwinsgames
08-16-2018, 08:09 PM
Whatever man. AB was in the wrong. Defending him is just clear bias as a fan of his.

whatever man , just saying he is wrong without having a clue about the history of spotty reporting is just ignorance ( lack of knowledge or information.)

RunNGun
08-16-2018, 08:45 PM
Solution..fire Bouchette...insert Kazora.

HollywoodSteel
08-16-2018, 11:43 PM
Ed and Mark are supposed to be the journalists and the professional tweeters. That’s their job.

AB’s job is to be an NFL WR. And he’s the best.

He’s at least 1000x better at his job as these “sports writers” are at theirs. He works harder than they do. He has more will to succeed than they do. He is more disciplined than they are. He is an inspiration. He is an incredible example of human achievement through MENTAL discipline and character.

To criticize AB’s tweets is like criticizing Ed B’s route running.

Let them do their job to his level before they call him a diva or any other name.

They are jokes of human beings on this earth compared to AB.

As far as I’m concerned AB can tweet badly, juggle badly, or play scrabble badly. He should keep doing whatever he’s doing the way he’s doing it. I don’t want him changing a SINGLE THING about himself on or off the field. The combination of characteristics that make him tick are working just fine.

Imagine what it must take to be the very best in the world at something; the blood, sweat, and tears.

AB gets a pass from me. And he’ll catch that pass too.

Cyphon25
08-17-2018, 12:05 AM
The thing is this doesn't have to be an either/or situation. It can be both. Madden can be a douchebag as well as AB. But Madden being a douchebag doesn't disqualify AB from being one as well.

This situation is a perfect example. AB was wrong here, overreacted, and acted like a dick. There is no question about that. The proof is right there in a tweet. It is because of who he had the interaction with that Yinzers are blinding themselves to that truth. They get caught up in the very common trap of ignoring the message because of the messenger. Hell, it is a morality lesson taught to 3 year olds. 2 wrongs don't make a right.

So AB can still be all the great things that he is while also being a dick in this one moment. It doesn't change the fact that he does great things in the community and is the best receiver in football.

On a side note, this does kind of have me thinking. Earlier in the offseason AB had that kind of weird off the rails rant in the locker room interview and now he lashes out on Twitter. I don't have any major concern but in the back of my mind I can't help but wonder if something is bothering him off the field or the pressure is getting to him in some way. Maybe too many people expecting too much from him is causing a minor breakdown for him. I hope it is just a needless worry on my part.

Mojouw
08-17-2018, 11:37 PM
I get that star players make insane amounts of money. Fans would willingly trade places. But there is a hidden cost.

No one sits in the back of my courses and tweets, “looks like Mojouw took a lecture rep off right there.” Or “looks like he mighta pulled up short at the end of the lecture. Likely sprained his hippocampus or tweaked a cerebrum.”

If that happened 2 dozen times a day and it was almost always wrong or woefully underinformed, I might decide it's time to talk back.

Imagine if a few dozen people watched you at your job and offered a running real-time critique but actually only understood about a third of how your job works. Might wear a bit thin pretty quickly.

pepsyman1
08-18-2018, 12:11 AM
I get that star players make insane amounts of money. Fans would willingly trade places. But there is a hidden cost.

No one sits in the back of my courses and tweets, “looks like Mojouw took a lecture rep off right there.” Or “looks like he mighta pulled up short at the end of the lecture. Likely sprained his hippocampus or tweaked a cerebrum.”

If that happened 2 dozen times a day and it was almost always wrong or woefully underinformed, I might decide it's time to talk back.

Imagine if a few dozen people watched you at your job and offered a running real-time critique but actually only understood about a third of how your job works. Might wear a bit thin pretty quickly.

Well said. Best explanation of I've seen of this situation yet. Cyphon25, I get that you think AB was a little out of line in his response, but most of us that have been hearing these "journalists" for years have gotten to the point that we're amazed that more players haven't fired back at some of these guys. Personally, based on what I've seen over the last decade and the effort that AB brings to the table, he's earned a pass from me as well.

Cyphon25
08-18-2018, 11:25 PM
Well said. Best explanation of I've seen of this situation yet. Cyphon25, I get that you think AB was a little out of line in his response, but most of us that have been hearing these "journalists" for years have gotten to the point that we're amazed that more players haven't fired back at some of these guys. Personally, based on what I've seen over the last decade and the effort that AB brings to the table, he's earned a pass from me as well.

I am ok if you want to give him a pass. I was just saying that he is in the wrong. The fact that you even say you give him a pass implies he is in the wrong because if he was in the right he wouldn't need a pass anyway.

Nothing that happened here has changed my viewpoint on AB. I am ready for a career year from him and happy he is on our team.

Dwinsgames
08-19-2018, 08:22 AM
I am ok if you want to give him a pass. I was just saying that he is in the wrong. The fact that you even say you give him a pass implies he is in the wrong because if he was in the right he wouldn't need a pass anyway.

Nothing that happened here has changed my viewpoint on AB. I am ready for a career year from him and happy he is on our team.

I would not want you on my jury of life ...

you openly admit to having no history on Mr Ed or the Pittsburgh sports media in general and for 1 tweet defending himself your are ready to throw AB under the bus ...

Cyphon25
08-19-2018, 08:45 AM
I would not want you on my jury of life ...

you openly admit to having no history on Mr Ed or the Pittsburgh sports media in general and for 1 tweet defending himself your are ready to throw AB under the bus ...

I could say the same for you since you clearly aren't actually reading my posts. In what way did I throw AB under the bus? I said he was being a dick, I didn't say he should be suspended or released from the team.

And again, their history holds no relevance to the conversation. I will point out one more time that even as 3 year olds we are taught 2 wrongs don't make a right and here I am having to explain that same lesson to (what I assume) is a grown man.

And this works both ways. If you are a serial killer who has murdered 20 people and then at some point in your life rescue a kid from a burning building, you deserve praise for that 1 moment. It doesn't excuse you being a serial killer, but that one act was still a good one. Now flip that for AB. He does a lot of great things and maybe Bouchette "deserves" to be told he is a clown but that still doesn't mean AB wasn't being a dick.

Dwinsgames
08-19-2018, 10:32 AM
I could say the same for you since you clearly aren't actually reading my posts. In what way did I throw AB under the bus? I said he was being a dick, I didn't say he should be suspended or released from the team.

And again, their history holds no relevance to the conversation. I will point out one more time that even as 3 year olds we are taught 2 wrongs don't make a right and here I am having to explain that same lesson to (what I assume) is a grown man.

And this works both ways. If you are a serial killer who has murdered 20 people and then at some point in your life rescue a kid from a burning building, you deserve praise for that 1 moment. It doesn't excuse you being a serial killer, but that one act was still a good one. Now flip that for AB. He does a lot of great things and maybe Bouchette "deserves" to be told he is a clown but that still doesn't mean AB wasn't being a dick.

I need no life lessons from you , thanks but no thanks as I have had plenty in my 55 years on planet earth both good and bad ...

where I come from calling someone a dick is in fact throwing them under the bus ...

end of story ...

so there is a life lesson for you

Cyphon25
08-19-2018, 01:52 PM
I need no life lessons from you , thanks but no thanks as I have had plenty in my 55 years on planet earth both good and bad ...

where I come from calling someone a dick is in fact throwing them under the bus ...

end of story ...

so there is a life lesson for you

Well, where you come from has it wrong I guess. Another lesson that you "don't need".

""To throw (someone) under the bus" is an idiomatic phrase in American English meaning to betray a friend or ally for selfish reasons."

I gain nothing here by calling AB a dick. I have no motivation to do it and the only reason I have done it is because he was in fact, being a dick. So what you are missing here in the definition is the "selfish reasons" portion. With that being understood, I clearly wasn't throwing AB under the bus. I was calling a very obvious situation like I see it instead of being a homer.

Dwinsgames
08-19-2018, 02:25 PM
Well, where you come from has it wrong I guess. Another lesson that you "don't need".

""To throw (someone) under the bus" is an idiomatic phrase in American English meaning to betray a friend or ally for selfish reasons."

I gain nothing here by calling AB a dick. I have no motivation to do it and the only reason I have done it is because he was in fact, being a dick. So what you are missing here in the definition is the "selfish reasons" portion. With that being understood, I clearly wasn't throwing AB under the bus. I was calling a very obvious situation like I see it instead of being a homer.

Verb. throw under the bus. (idiomatic, transitive, of a person or group) To betray or blame (something or someone), as a scapegoat

Throw someone under the bus definition: to expose someone to an unpleasant fate

but following your posts I can see this is not something you will ever admit to ... thats cool , carry on I will just no longer be a party to it

EzraTank
08-20-2018, 02:48 PM
The media as a whole is at a pretty low point. They've been that way since the advent of the internet. There are no more editors to run stories by. These guys just post crap without any filters. That goes for ALL the media not just sports writers.