PDA

View Full Version : Is Jaylen Samuels Really the RB to Watch for 2019?

Dwinsgames
08-08-2018, 05:18 PM
Jaylen Samuels is listed as a running back for the Steelers in 2018. And as he is behind both Le’Veon Bell and James Connor (and possibly Fitzgerald Toussaint), one may expect him to be irrelevant in 2018. But, Samuels could manage to see the field a lot more than many expect. This is because as a RB/FB/TE/WR in college, he managed to accrue 195 catches over the last three years. This was 1st amongst both RBs and TEs in that times span. Impressive

https://www.steelernation.com/is-jaylen-samuels-really-the-rb-to-watch-for-2019/

pczach
08-08-2018, 07:16 PM
Jaylen Samuels is listed as a running back for the Steelers in 2018. And as he is behind both Le’Veon Bell and James Connor (and possibly Fitzgerald Toussaint), one may expect him to be irrelevant in 2018. But, Samuels could manage to see the field a lot more than many expect. This is because as a RB/FB/TE/WR in college, he managed to accrue 195 catches over the last three years. This was 1st amongst both RBs and TEs in that times span. Impressive

https://www.steelernation.com/is-jaylen-samuels-really-the-rb-to-watch-for-2019/

His game and skillset fits the role of the modern versatile running back. I don't know that he will develop into a great runner. That remains to be seen.

I suspect we'll see a lot of him in preseason. Getting reps and showing he can protect the quarterback are huge for him. If he can pass protect and shows ability running, Frenchy could be in trouble.

GBMelBlount
08-08-2018, 08:05 PM
His game and skill set fits the role of the modern versatile running back. I don't know that he will develop into a great runner. That remains to be seen.

I suspect we'll see a lot of him in the preseason. Getting reps and showing he can protect the quarterback are huge for him. If he can pass protect and shows ability running, Frenchy could be in trouble.

Unless he is a real disappointment, I think they keep Samuels simply due to his versatility.