PDA

View Full Version : Le'Veon Bell Preseason Training Update

AtlantaDan
07-31-2018, 08:08 PM
Le'Veon Bell demonstrating his commitment to getting ready for the season prior to reporting by practicing the hands drill Monday night (link to video in TMZ article may not be safe to click on at office)

Le'Veon Bell Strip Club Booty Slappin' ... During Steelers Holdout

Le'Veon Bell (http://www.tmz.com/person/leveon-bell/) is spending his time away from Steelers camp in epic fashion ... turning up with his girlfriend and smackin' a whole lotta butts at a strip club -- and it's all on video.

The Pro Bowl running back is staying away from Pittsburgh practices after he didn't get the contract extension he wanted ... and he's livin' it up in Miami with his GF, Marliesia Ortiz, in the meantime.

The two hit up Rockwell in South Beach on Monday ... where we're told gold bottles of Ace of Spades were flowing to his table all night.

The party didn't stop there ... Bell bounced to a strip club after -- where he got pretty hands-on with some booty

http://www.tmz.com/2018/07/31/leveon-bell-strip-club-party-booty-steelers-holdout/

So much for Tomlin saying he does not want a repeat of the start of last season

DesertSteel
07-31-2018, 09:49 PM
I amped up for a 3.9 year!!!!

steelreserve
07-31-2018, 10:31 PM
Nonsense, I heard he was finishing up his research on exotic matter and causality, and had a team of 400 engineers working around the clock to complete his zero-point field warp drive.

Ho's just be tryin to give this cat a bad name.

stillers4me
08-01-2018, 06:35 AM
He'd better be in mid season form at the opener in Cleveland or else his house is going to e burned down by angry Yinzers.

cold-hard-steel
08-01-2018, 07:16 AM
I just get a bad feeling about the lifestyle choices he's gettin into. Lotta people out there might care about money even more than he does.This could very well end bad. Bad vibes.

teegre
08-01-2018, 09:00 AM
At least he’s not giving underaged strippers drinks and taking them into the bathroom.

AtlantaDan
08-01-2018, 09:22 AM
At least he’s not giving underaged strippers drinks and taking them into the bathroom.

So you had a sneak preview of the lyrics from Bell's latest masterpiece? :chuckle:

GBMelBlount
08-01-2018, 09:42 AM

:smoker:
:alcoholic:
:kissass:
:couch2:

Can't Wait!

86WARD
08-01-2018, 11:36 AM
He was there with his girlfriend. No harm, no foul.

Fire Goodell
08-01-2018, 11:50 AM

Would be awesome if Conner beasts out and makes him expendable lol

Lady Steel
08-01-2018, 12:03 PM
No, Le'Veon, you dipshit! It's supposed to be bros before hoes!

El-Gonzo Jackson
08-01-2018, 12:10 PM
He was there with his girlfriend. No harm, no foul.

True.

Also, I think he has some endorsements with the energy drink "Booty Sweat", so probably just there on business.

Fire Goodell
08-01-2018, 12:13 PM
True.

Also, I think he has some endorsements with the energy drink "Booty Sweat", so probably just there on business.

He's like Troy and does his own training. Obviously this is how he became such a great receiver with these hand workouts

teegre
08-01-2018, 05:32 PM
So you had a sneak preview of the lyrics from Bell's latest masterpiece? :chuckle:

Hmmm, I need a word that rhymes with “riches”...

43Hitman
08-01-2018, 05:52 PM
Hmmm, I need a word that rhymes with “riches”...
Britches? :chuckle:

ALLD
08-01-2018, 05:59 PM
I prefer downtown Miami and Brickell to South Beach or the scuzzy parts with the strip clubs.

86WARD
08-02-2018, 06:28 AM
True.

Lol. The biggest tragedy here is the chick he’s slapped no shouldn’t be in a strip club. Nasty. But then without a $17 million contract times are tough.

stillers4me
08-02-2018, 05:13 PM

Fire Goodell
08-02-2018, 05:25 PM
after you told your friends you hooked up with a ten, then they see the pics and be like

https://i0.wp.com/gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/ben-roethlisberger-oh-steelers-reaction.gif?resize=286%2C258&ssl=1

hawaiiansteeler
08-04-2018, 12:15 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOlWtzRGJNU

AtlantaDan
08-04-2018, 08:06 AM
Bell continues his PR drive this week to become the NFL face of empowering women with the long anticipated release of his latest masterpiece "My Side Of Things"

On the second track, “The Table,” he lets this one rip:

We are not ’bout to play around / Let you play around, get exposed / I got homeys that'll take you out if certain information gets disclosed / All these women want my baby / Just please don't make me pull a Shady.

It doesn’t take a Rap Genius contributor to guess that Bell, in that spot, could be referencing allegations against former Pitt/current Bills running back LeSean McCoy, whose ex-girlfriend’s lawyer says he “orchestrated an attack that left her bloody amid attempts to get her to leave his suburban Atlanta mansion,”

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/sean-gentille/2018/08/03/le-veon-bell-rap-steelers-lesean-mccoy/stories/201808030142

Might be somewhat of a disconnect between those lyrics and NFL outreach efforts to women through such marketing ploys as breast cancer awareness month :rolleyes:

DesertSteel
08-04-2018, 08:34 AM
Bell continues his PR drive this week to become the NFL face of empowering women with the long anticipated release of his latest masterpiece "My Side Of Things"

We are not ’bout to play around / Let you play around, get exposed / I got homeys that'll take you out if certain information gets disclosed / All these women want my baby / Just please don't make me pull a Shady.

It doesn’t take a Rap Genius contributor to guess that Bell, in that spot, could be referencing allegations against former Pitt/current Bills running back LeSean McCoy, whose ex-girlfriend’s lawyer says he “orchestrated an attack that left her bloody amid attempts to get her to leave his suburban Atlanta mansion,”

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/sean-gentille/2018/08/03/le-veon-bell-rap-steelers-lesean-mccoy/stories/201808030142

Might be somewhat of a disconnect between those lyrics and NFL outreach efforts to women through such marketing ploys as breast cancer awareness month :rolleyes:
He's garbage.

teegre
08-04-2018, 08:40 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKO9AX3K8LM&app=desktop

86WARD
08-04-2018, 10:53 AM

It’s highly unlikely that he was able to write and produce a song referencing LeSean McCoys situation that quickly.

Dwinsgames
08-04-2018, 11:14 AM
It’s highly unlikely that he was able to write and produce a song referencing LeSean McCoys situation that quickly.

not really ... its easy to put together bad work in rapid fashion , esp when you do so at a pay as you go studio ....

maybe if it was a good track at a major label but neither is true ....

AtlantaDan
08-04-2018, 11:23 AM

The artist who plays football on the side responds to his critics

No explanation as to what it does mean for those of us too ignorant to know, but maintaining an air of mystery around his lyrics is I guess part of what makes him such a musical great

In other words, as another artist perhaps as influential as Le'Veon put it, "Don't criticize what you can't understand"

https://www.bobdylan.com/songs/times-they-are-changin/

Dwinsgames
08-04-2018, 11:28 AM
In other words, as another artist perhaps as influential as Le'Veon put it, "Don't criticize what you can't understand"

that part had me rolling .... as I can count on one hand with fingers left over of how many people I know that thinks he is even an artist haha

I am including my twitter followers and people on this forum in that mix ...

Mojouw
08-04-2018, 11:29 AM
That is a funny lyric! Doesn't diss McCoy at all. It actually indicates Bell and others see McCoy's actions as a response to crazy jersey chasers.

Not that I necessarily think that is a good thing...but it is amusing.

DesertSteel
08-04-2018, 01:55 PM
Lol. You think that trash takes a lot of time to come up with???

86WARD
08-04-2018, 02:07 PM
Lol. You think that trash takes a lot of time to come up with???

For a person of Bell’s rap talents and status?? Yeah...lol. Just imagine the cuts that didn’t make the album...

DesertSteel
08-04-2018, 02:22 PM
For a person of Bell’s rap talents and status?? Yeah...lol. Just imagine the cuts that didn’t make the album...
Well his yearly holdouts afford him lots of free time.

- - - Updated - - -

Perfect season for me would be Steelers win the Super Bowl and Bell goes for 700 yards and 3.5 YPC.

HollywoodSteel
08-04-2018, 05:06 PM
Sorry to ask a question that might have been answered elsewhere - and sorry to momentarily derail the humorous hatefest - but in a world where Bell has a great year and will command a big deal on the open market... what is the real risk of putting a first round transition tag on Bell? Is there a chance that NO ONE will make an offer to Bell? We simply don’t match it and get a first round pick, rather than a probable 3rd round compensatory pick?

In the unlikely case that no one even makes an OFFER, we pay Bell 17.something million for one year in his absolute prime. Which isn’t the worst of all worlds. If he pouts and doesn’t sign it... fine. We didn’t actually want him to anyway?

I’m I missing something obvious?

Dwinsgames
08-04-2018, 05:18 PM
Sorry to ask a question that might have been answered elsewhere - and sorry to momentarily derail the humorous hatefest - but in a world where Bell has a great year and will command a big deal on the open market... what is the real risk of putting a first round transition tag on Bell? Is there a chance that NO ONE will make an offer to Bell? We simply don’t match it and get a first round pick, rather than a probable 3rd round compensatory pick?

In the unlikely case that no one even makes an OFFER, we pay Bell 17.something million for one year in his absolute prime. Which isn’t the worst of all worlds. If he pouts and doesn’t sign it... fine. We didn’t actually want him to anyway?

I’m I missing something obvious?

good to see ya !!

here is a bit of tag info and its ramifications ....

as I see it the red is the only one with any merrit at this point , nobody is going to give up 2 first round picks for a non QB IMO and the fact Bell has received the tag 2 years running that 144% of prior year on the 3rd tag is a poison pill a team should never consider for any pos other than QB and even then its not to bright IMO

An "exclusive" franchise player must be offered a one-year contract for an amount no less than the average of the top five salaries at the player's position as of a date in April of the current year in which the tag will apply, or 120 percent of the player's previous year's salary, whichever is greater. Exclusive franchise players cannot negotiate with other teams. The player's team has all the negotiating rights to the exclusive player.
A "non-exclusive" franchise player must be offered a one-year contract for an amount no less than the average of the top five cap hits at the player's position for the previous five years applied to the current salary cap, or 120 percent of the player's previous year's salary, whichever is greater. A non-exclusive franchise player may negotiate with other NFL teams, but if the player signs an offer sheet from another team, the original team has a right to match the terms of that offer, or if it does not match the offer and thus loses the player, is entitled to receive two first-round draft picks as compensation.
Under the Capped years a team can designate one additional player only as a transitional tag. A transition player must be offered a minimum of the average of the top 10 salaries of the prior season at the player's position or 120 percent of the player's prior year's salary, whichever is greater. A transition player designation gives the club a first-refusal right to match within seven days an offer sheet given to the player by another club after his contract expires. If the club matches, it retains the player. If it does not match, it receives no compensation.
Consecutive franchise tags are allowed; however, for a player to be tagged two straight years, the team must pay 120 percent of the player's previous salary. If it is three-straight years, the team must pay the player 144 percent of his previous salary, or an average of the top 5 salaries at the highest paid position (likely QB) - whichever is highest. [2] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franchise_tag#cite_note-2)

HollywoodSteel
08-04-2018, 05:50 PM
Okay, thanks for clarifying the translation tag thing with no compensation.

But since I’m not EXACTLY sure how to interpret all that, I’ll ask you to do it for me. :)

I had read something about the version where we get two first rd picks. How do we test that theory? Meaning how much money would be on the hook for in that version if no one is willing to give up the 2 picks?

Can we pull that deal if no one bites before Bell signs it?

Are there any scenarios where we get more than the normal 3rd round compensatory pick?

I assume if it were possible more people would be talking about it.

HollywoodSteel
08-04-2018, 05:58 PM
I guess what I’m asking is can we still do the “non exclusive tag” at this point after tagging him exclusively twice?

In that version we only have to pay 120% if no one bites. Or so I interpret it.

What ever happened to the version where the team could DECIDE different prices for 1st down compensation offer, or 2nd round, etc? Why is there only the option that another team had to give up 2 first round picks?

Was the version I’m talking about in a former CBA and that changed?

HollywoodSteel
08-04-2018, 06:06 PM
I’m guessing, at this point, many fans are wishing the Steelers had done the non- exclusive franchise tag THIS YEAR.

Obviously too late now... but I’m sure some would much rather have two first round picks than what we have now: retaining Bell this year and a compensatory 3 when he leaves next year.

And if no other team had offered Bell a contract, we’d be in the situation we are in now... and Bell MIGHT have been a little humbled. Probably not. But maybe.

Dwinsgames
08-04-2018, 06:17 PM
I guess what I’m asking is can we still do the “non exclusive tag” at this point after tagging him exclusively twice?

In that version we only have to pay 120% if no one bites. Or so I interpret it.

What ever happened to the version where the team could DECIDE different prices for 1st down compensation offer, or 2nd round, etc? Why is there only the option that another team had to give up 2 first round picks?

Was the version I’m talking about in a former CBA and that changed?

thats the restricted free agent tenure offer where you can decide what round to pay a player at and what you get in compensation if he signs elsewhere ...

non exclusive is the only plausible way he is here next year IMO but it seems like we are setting ourselves up to move on with the types of backs we are drafting the past 2 years

st33lersguy
08-04-2018, 06:31 PM
get back to work le'veon

HollywoodSteel
08-04-2018, 09:18 PM
thats the restricted free agent tenure offer where you can decide what round to pay a player at and what you get in compensation if he signs elsewhere ...

non exclusive is the only plausible way he is here next year IMO but it seems like we are setting ourselves up to move on with the types of backs we are drafting the past 2 years

Okay, so would Bell have been a restricted free agent the first year they franchise tagged him... so the Steelers tagged him so they didn’t have to deal with matching offers? Or do rookie contracts end with full free agency rather than restricted?

And just so you understand, my point was not about trying to KEEP Bell in 2019, but how to get the most we can get in compensation, KNOWING that another team might be willing to give up draft picks... but risking having to pay keep him for about 17 mil, rather than a regular third time franchise tag for like $20 mil.

If that isn’t an option, then yeah, I know they’ll let him hit free agency and the Steelers will get probably a third round compensatory pick for him when he signs somewhere else.

HollywoodSteel
08-04-2018, 09:32 PM
Now to be really specific... Do the Steelers have the option of tagging Bell with the non exclusive tag in 2019 (or does a team NOT have that option if they already tagged a player with the exclusive tag two years in a row)

Now, IF the Steelers tag do tag him with the Non exclusive tag... and no other teams offer Bell a contract (if a team DOES make an offer, then my plan is we DON’T match the offer and walk away with 2 first round picks. Yay!) do we then have to keep him in 2019 at like $17 mil, rather than the BIG EXCLUSIVE TAG price of like $20 mil?

Maybe the Steelers wouldn’t risk having to keep him at $17 mil. I’m just saying it might be worth trying it for the shot at 2 first round picks... if we guessed wrong, we keep Bell at $17 mil for one year.

Anyway, pointless to speculate about now anyway.

Dwinsgames
08-05-2018, 10:29 AM
Now to be really specific... Do the Steelers have the option of tagging Bell with the non exclusive tag in 2019 (or does a team NOT have that option if they already tagged a player with the exclusive tag two years in a row)

Now, IF the Steelers tag do tag him with the Non exclusive tag... and no other teams offer Bell a contract (if a team DOES make an offer, then my plan is we DON’T match the offer and walk away with 2 first round picks. Yay!) do we then have to keep him in 2019 at like $17 mil, rather than the BIG EXCLUSIVE TAG price of like $20 mil?

Maybe the Steelers wouldn’t risk having to keep him at $17 mil. I’m just saying it might be worth trying it for the shot at 2 first round picks... if we guessed wrong, we keep Bell at $17 mil for one year.

Anyway, pointless to speculate about now anyway.

nobody will give up 2 first round pick and pay bell a ridiculous contract on top of it ..... just will not happen ,

then you have to consider Bell will turn 29 in the 2019 season ( teams are already thinking this dude is nuts if he thinks he is getting a huge contract over several years with a big guaranteed $$ amount )

so more than one obstacle ....AGE ....Compensation of 2 firsts....past workload..... contract demands.... injury history.... 1 toke away from sitting a significant amount of time

AtlantaDan
08-06-2018, 07:00 AM
Another grueling day of training as Bell prepares to hit the ground running when he reports

Butch
08-06-2018, 11:40 AM
Another grueling day of training as Bell prepares to hit the ground running when he reports

If you click on the twitter the comments are classic.

Fire Goodell
08-06-2018, 11:51 AM

:chuckle:

Lady Steel
08-07-2018, 03:18 PM

:rofl2:

steelreserve
08-08-2018, 06:43 PM

Well, I'm glad to see he has some free time between putting in 18-hour days at the particle accelerator.

fansince'76
08-08-2018, 08:41 PM
"Get your ass to camp adapter." :chuckle:

Dwinsgames
08-08-2018, 09:50 PM
"Get your ass to camp adapter." :chuckle:

a few ok several I got a kick out of

Meet me in Latrobe, PA and I got u...

I got you...but it's going to be twice as much as it's really worth, fully guaranteed up front

Are you serious? Playing video games while your team is preparing to make a Super Bowl run...what are you fifteen years old? Hahaha

How old are you 12? This is the problem.. #growTFU (https://twitter.com/hashtag/growTFU?src=hash)

I do, but I'm trying to reset the market on the wii U adapter because I feel that I use it better than anyone else. Therefore my asking price is $20 million ...

Wow, can you not afford it? Maybe you should get back to camp then and sign your contract

I heard there's a guy in Latrobe with one. #gotowork (https://twitter.com/hashtag/gotowork?src=hash)

Have fun playing with your Wii Wii

You should be at St. Vincents with your teammates. Don't you remember how you started last year?

I do. Retails for 20 bucks, but I'm charging 40 because it is both the best controller AND adapter in the world.

st33lersguy
08-08-2018, 10:03 PM
I have a controller, I just don't show it to locker room cancers with shitty rap songs