PDA

View Full Version : Tyler Matakevich Blocking Out His Doubters And Their ‘Outside Noise’

hawaiiansteeler
07-31-2018, 06:02 PM
Tyler Matakevich Blocking Out His Doubters And Their ‘Outside Noise’

By Dave Bryan
Posted on July 31, 2018

You can probably include me as one of several people who doubts that Pittsburgh Steelers inside linebacker Tyler Matakevich will ultimately be the team’s starter alongside Vince Williams come Week 1 of the regular season. While Matakevich has undoubtedly had to hear that there’s several who doubt he’ll be able to hold the starting position for the rest of training camp and the preseason the last several months, he’s really trying to block those negative thoughts out just the same.

“I mean, you can’t pay any attention to that,” Matakevich said Monday, according to 93.7 The Fan. “That’s just outside noise as I like to say. You just got to block it out. Because if you are to look at that stuff, people are gonna be doubting you your whole life. You’re always going to have the naysayers. So like I said, you just can’t pay attention to that. You just got to play your game, do your job, do your responsibility and help this team out.”

With five training camp practices now in the books, Matakevich, the Steelers former seventh-round draft pick out of Temple, has reportedly received a good bulk of the first-team reps at the mack inside linebacker position ahead of veteran Jon Bostic, who was signed via free agency earlier in the offseason. While many will say that the Steelers mack inside linebacker position is destined to be doomed in 2018 with Ryan Shazier sitting the year out with a serious spinal injury he suffered last season, Matakevich says all he can control is playing like he knows he can play.

to read rest of article:

https://www.steelersdepot.com/2018/07/tyler-matakevich-blocking-out-his-doubters-and-their-outside-noise/

El-Gonzo Jackson
08-10-2018, 11:55 AM
What's the noise from last night? Nate Sudfeld faked out Dirty Red pretty badly when he had a free run to the QB.

DesertSteel
08-10-2018, 01:11 PM
What's the noise from last night? Nate Sudfeld faked out Dirty Red pretty badly when he had a free run to the QB.
It was U-G-L-Y

tube517
08-10-2018, 01:32 PM

I think MY ankles were jolted watching that nonsense.

hawaiiansteeler
08-10-2018, 02:02 PM

Nate Sudfeld has suddenness and glide...

El-Gonzo Jackson
08-10-2018, 02:12 PM
Nate Sudfeld has suddenness and glide...

:rofl: You sir, have just won the Steelers fan internet today!! :hatsoff:

86WARD
08-10-2018, 09:18 PM
If he is starting Week One, forget about it...the defense will be doomed.

Steelerette
08-10-2018, 10:00 PM
He ain't got no alibi.

FrancoLambert
08-11-2018, 06:59 AM
The idea that Dirty Red can be anything more than a special teams player is a pipe dream only seen through black and gold goggles.

Fire Goodell
08-11-2018, 08:18 AM
Young and slow and it's over

hawaiiansteeler
08-11-2018, 03:24 PM
"On the defensive side of the ball, Ola Odeniyi, an undrafted rookie from Toledo, had several quarterback pressures and recorded two tackles. One of those tackles was a strip-sack. Tyler Matakevich also played well, recording five tackles and forcing a fumble."

https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2018/08/11/the-good-bad-and-unforgivable-from-the-pittsburgh-steelers-31-14-win/

El-Gonzo Jackson
08-11-2018, 05:15 PM
"On the defensive side of the ball, Ola Odeniyi, an undrafted rookie from Toledo, had several quarterback pressures and recorded two tackles. One of those tackles was a strip-sack. Tyler Matakevich also played well, recording five tackles and forcing a fumble."

https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2018/08/11/the-good-bad-and-unforgivable-from-the-pittsburgh-steelers-31-14-win/

Sad that the writer of the article must not have seen the game. Otherwise he would have seen dirty Red miss a free shot at Sudfield on the TD pass to Goedart. Also, Matakevich getting his ankles broke by Eagles backup RB on a cutback from a zone run to his left.

I like Matakevich and thought he could be a 2 down ILB, but he looked bad vs the Eagles IMO. He has a long way to go before he is even Jerry Olsavsky good.

86WARD
08-12-2018, 03:10 PM
The writer must not have watched the game...