PDA

View Full Version : Mike Tomlin plays favorites in the locker room? So what, say Steelers captains.

stillers4me
07-25-2018, 04:37 PM
So James Harrison thinks Steelers coach Mike Tomlin plays favorites in the locker room. So what, say a couple of influential people in that locker room.

If some players are upset about preferential treatment for star players, then work harder. That’s the advice team captain Cameron Heyward would give to them............

read more @ http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2018/07/25/Mike-Tomlin-James-Harrison-Pittsburgh-Steelers-favorites-Maurkice-Pouncey-Cameron-Heyward-Bill-Belichick/stories/201807250168

Mojouw
07-25-2018, 05:06 PM
Thats some solid pot stirring right there.

No mention that previous reports have Bells lateness as excused in advance.

No mention that no one knows why Butler was benched.

It's almost like it's two quotes from players and a bunch of window dressing to get a rise out of people.

Imagine that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

teegre
07-25-2018, 05:31 PM
Lawrence Taylor used to do all kinds of shit... that he got away with... and Bill Parcells knew about all of it. And, Parcells would cut guys for wearing the wrong socks.

Did Parcells play favorites with LT?

Hell YES he did. Duh!!!

tom444
07-25-2018, 06:40 PM
Lawrence Taylor used to do all kinds of shit... that he got away with... and Bill Parcells knew about all of it. And, Parcells would cut guys for wearing the wrong socks.

Hell YES he did. Duh!!!

In my opinion the two best players in the history of the NFL are Jim Brown, and LT. Of course Parcells was going to let him be who he was. LT was a rarity in the extreme.

teegre
07-25-2018, 08:07 PM
In my opinion the two best players in the history of the NFL are Jim Brown, and LT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzBmQMyYDBk&app=desktop

Fire Goodell
07-25-2018, 08:33 PM
Yeah and I'm sure Belichick the genius plays favorites with Brady or whoever his star players are too. If you're a good player, you can afford to get away with more. Such is life.

DesertSteel
07-25-2018, 10:49 PM
Jimmy Johnson was always playing favorites while winning Super Bowls with the Cowboys.

pczach
07-26-2018, 05:29 AM
Head coaches have always had favorite players and players that were treated differently than others. The job description of a head coach is to win, and a large part of that is getting the most out of every player. Players need to be treated differently to motivate them because each player responds differently to the coaching they receive.

This is how it has always been and I suspect always will be.

tube517
07-26-2018, 07:58 AM
Most of the 70s Steelers say that Noll babied Bradshaw. Noll used to let Bradshaw warm his hands in Nolls pants. :lol: :noidea:

Cowher got kisses from Peazy. :noidea:

El-Gonzo Jackson
07-26-2018, 09:07 AM

Hell YES he did. Duh!!!

It was widely known and published that HOF D lineman Doug Atkins was one of the favorite players that George Halas ever coached and Halas could be a strict disciplinarian. This article below shows that coaches have treated their favorite players differently all the time.

O'Bradovich, who played opposite Atkins, once recalled the opening day of training camp when Atkins showed up 45 minutes late and circled the practice field wearing shorts, a T-shirt, and helmet with no chin strap or face mask. Halas ignored him.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/ct-bears-atkins-appreciation-spt-0103-20160102-story.html

Count Steeler
07-26-2018, 11:13 AM
Preferential treatment? In this world?

Did the sky change colour (color)?

Always amazes me how people bite on what turns out to be obvious reality. I have been on the receiving end of preferential treatment and I have been ignored in preference of others. Is this really a shock to anybody?

tom444
07-26-2018, 11:57 AM
Who gets away with this on the Patriots except Gronk:

http://b1.img.mobypicture.com/0127f00de4d4a5b8850e4e0fefc82378_view.jpg

Drazo85
07-28-2018, 06:47 AM
It was widely known and published that HOF D lineman Doug Atkins was one of the favorite players that George Halas ever coached and Halas could be a strict disciplinarian. This article below shows that coaches have treated their favorite players differently all the time.

O'Bradovich, who played opposite Atkins, once recalled the opening day of training camp when Atkins showed up 45 minutes late and circled the practice field wearing shorts, a T-shirt, and helmet with no chin strap or face mask. Halas ignored him.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/ct-bears-atkins-appreciation-spt-0103-20160102-story.htmlCommon last name here in Serbia is Obradovic. Probably someone of his ancestors added ' cause he wanted his name to look like Irish. [emoji23]

Послато са Mi A1 уз помоћ Тапатока