PDA

View Full Version : No 'O' in Steelers

polamalubeast
09-21-2010, 03:01 AM
No 'O' in Steelers; Dixon reportedly out with torn meniscusTEXT SIZE By: Mike BiresBeaver County Times
Tuesday September 21, 2010 12:02 AM
PITTSBURGH — Due to on-going quarterback issues, the Steelers’ offense ranks among the NFL’s worst.

Not counting statistics from Monday night’s New Orleans-San Francisco game, the Steelers are 31st in the league in total offense, 31st in passing offense and 31st in touchdowns scored.

After Sunday’s 19-11 win in Tennessee, coach Mike Tomlin acknowledged that he’s concerned about the lack of offense. He also acknowledges that the Steelers’ have played in two low-scoring games dominated by the defenses and that they’ve used Dennis Dixon and Charlie Batch at quarterback.

“It does concern me, but we won so it was enough,” Tomlin said of an offense that produced just seven first downs and 127 total yards against the Titans.

“We’re leaving a lot of offense on the field,” Batch said. ‘One thing you want to do as an offense is put seven points on the board.”

The Steelers have only scored one touchdown on offense so far. That was Rashard Mendenhall’s 50-yard run that ended the 15-9 overtime win over Atlanta in the season opener.

read more

http://www.timesonline.com/sports/sports_details/article/1424/2010/september/21/no-o-in-steelers.html

GoSlash27
09-21-2010, 10:34 AM
No kiddin'. Our offense is horrendous right now and it ain't just because Ben is out. We're getting bogged down with miscues, botched transfers, dropped coverages...
Plus we're totally anemic on third down conversions, powerless in the redzone, and have yet to score a TD in regulation play.

This ain't the sort of situation that can be fixed simply by plugging in a franchise QB.

fansince'76
09-21-2010, 10:48 AM
I'm getting concerned with all the botched snaps. They really need to tighten that up.

Bluecoat96
09-21-2010, 10:52 AM
While I do agree some things need to be tightened up, I'm not going to press the panic button just yet. The offense laid an egg this past week, but we did manage over 350 yds. of offense the previous week. If the offense lays another egg this next week, then I might worry a little.

Steeldude
09-21-2010, 11:10 AM
with dixon not starting the offensive game plan should be more wide open

GoSlash27
09-21-2010, 11:11 AM
Oh, I'm not panicking. We are, after all, 2-0 :)
Still, I hope BA is getting this locked down. We can do better.

memphissteelergirl
09-21-2010, 11:15 AM
While I do agree some things need to be tightened up, I'm not going to press the panic button just yet. The offense laid an egg this past week, but we did manage over 350 yds. of offense the previous week. If the offense lays another egg this next week, then I might worry a little.

I agree. And besides, if we do lose this game (not saying we will, mind you) it will not mean the season's gone to hell. If we're 3-1 (2-2 at the worst) going into the bye week, I will be satisfied.

That said, I certainly hope Cousin Brucie has some tricks up his sleeve Sunday. Otherwise it's gonna be a looooong day. :dizzy:

siss
09-21-2010, 01:26 PM
Charlie sweetie THERE IS NO OFFENSE ON THE FIELD!!!!!!!

steelpride12
09-21-2010, 01:48 PM
I'm getting concerned with all the botched snaps. They really need to tighten that up.
Ya one or two of those that turn into a turnover and we could be out of luck.

ALLD
09-21-2010, 06:15 PM
The proper headline should have read, "Steelers Score Back-To-Back Touchdowns!"

First TD was Mendy's run and second was Brown's return. Other than that it has been a Skippy Kickfest.

steeldawg
09-21-2010, 06:46 PM
with dixon not starting the offensive game plan should be more wide open How can the gameplan be more wide open dixion is only familiar with about half the playbook.

JayC
09-21-2010, 08:52 PM
im so happy we are 2-0 dont get me wrong but everyone on offense needs to pick up their game. can we ever go a series without some sort of penalty? mendenhall's alright but he dances too much for a "power" back, he needs to lower his shoulder and run someone over. if we wanted a finesse runner we would have taken felix jones/chris johnson. the wide recievers need to find a way to get open somehow this week. and of course the key is that the oline needs to work better as a unit and open some holes and give the qb a pocket. BA, can you please add some screens to the game plan? that's probably asking for too much but something needs to give on the offensive side of the ball. the defense can't hold every team to just 1 td. so far our best offensive weapon has been jeff reed, that's sayin somethin.

Steeldude
09-22-2010, 12:38 AM
How can the gameplan be more wide open dixion is only familiar with about half the playbook.

as i said it's because dixon won't be the QB this week. batch grasps the entire playbook