PDA

View Full Version : Reggie Bush Believes Players Aren’t ‘Responding’ To Mike Tomlin

Shoes
06-02-2018, 10:25 AM
Reggie Bush admitted he’s a big fan of Mike Tomlin. But that respect is not without criticism and on Good Morning Football Friday morning, Bush laid down some heavy criticism of Tomlin and the Pittsburgh Steelers.
In Bush’s words, he believes the Steelers haven’t “learned their lesson” and aren’t focused enough to match the talent they have. He began by recapping how 2017 ended.
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2018/06/reggie-bush-believes-players-arent-responding-to-mike-tomlin/

Mojouw
06-02-2018, 10:42 AM
He’s just pissed that Tomlin isn’t buying the players moms a house.

st33lersguy
06-02-2018, 01:02 PM
He didn't have the team focused and ready to play numerous games. Honestly the team struggled against bad teams and needed Big Ben, AB, and Boz to bail out the rest of the team numerous times.

ALLD
06-02-2018, 02:24 PM
Tomlin is great at the microphone, but rings hollow sometimes as a HC.

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
06-02-2018, 04:00 PM
Have to agree with Reggie somewhat. Tomlin to me is a great reg season coach.

Dwinsgames
06-02-2018, 04:07 PM
he knows this because " he has intimate knowledge of what happens in the locker room " ummm yeah ok

just some has been that never met his foreseen potential trying to make a name for himself as a talking head

GBMelBlount
06-02-2018, 05:36 PM
Very possible.

Different coaches have different strengths and I honestly do not know if this one of Tomlins.

I may be wrong but it did seem to me that Tomlin was very intense when he started and then relaxed after he won a Super Bowl (with Cowher's team :grin: ).

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
06-02-2018, 05:53 PM
Like I mentioned Tomlin if he keeps his job for awhile will go down as one of the best ever regular season coaches. Will have a lot of wins but his playoff coaching is weak. GBM you could be right and he could be to content after winning his first SB.

BlackAndGold
06-02-2018, 06:41 PM
Playoff success will start once the defense starts playing better.

pczach
06-02-2018, 08:27 PM
What the fuck does Reggie Bush know about Mike Tomlin and the Steelers' locker room?

Maybe he became an expert when he accepted an expensive car to play at USC........

He's just another guy that is always making bold statements and hot takes to have a career as an analyst because he didn't live up to his potential as a player. He won a ring as a complementary player, and now he is supposed to be an expert at knowing how to win?

Knocking Mike Tomlin appears to be a feather in the cap of sports commentary these days. I guess having a great regular season record, winning lots of division titles, winning a Super Bowl, and going to a second Super Bowl is a disappointment to a guy that never was a part of any success at the pro level, and a guy that has no idea what it takes to win in the NFL.....

Shut the fuck up about things you know nothing about Reggie.

Everyone that has been knocking Tomlin will now line up to try to make everything Bush says valid, but it is complete bullshit until proven otherwise. If the Steelers win a Super Bowl this year, is Bush willing to give up his job as an expert analyst and fade into the ether...….I highly doubt it. He's trying to make himself relevant.

hawaiiansteeler
06-02-2018, 08:44 PM
What the fuck does Reggie Bush know about Mike Tomlin and the Steelers' locker room?

Maybe he became an expert when he accepted an expensive car to play at USC........

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRgXyh4xySzTwFjPlrt75ycMS-BLvgjs3rPa3AI4_z3kBsaqjqXUA

st33lersguy
06-02-2018, 09:50 PM
Tomlin earned that kind of criticism with all the off the field drama that is still going on, and then falling short of where they should have been last year. Steelers should have been in the Super Bowl last year at the very least, coaching a team with 10 pro bowlers while playing in a conference that was a total dumpster fire last year. The only other true contender was the Patriots and they didn't have a defense last year. Yet with an easy schedule, they struggled mightily against crap and mediocre teams week after week, then somehow lost a home playoff game to a borderline NFL draft bust in Blake Bortles and an inferior Jags team that won the garbage AFC South by 1 game then barely beat one of the worst playoff teams in NFL history in the Bills the week before at home. I really can't defend him from critics at this point. Oh and people thought the 0-16 Browns could surprise some teams after week 1 based on the way Tomlin let his team play down to them

Born2Steel
06-02-2018, 10:10 PM
Hmmm....Cowher was the coach that couldn't win the big game. Until he did. Guess Tomlin has to have a down side too.

Lady Steel
06-02-2018, 11:02 PM
Reggie Bush dated a Kartrashian.

The end.

teegre
06-03-2018, 09:55 AM
It’s the off-season, and the networks have so much time to fill. The Steelers, Taperiots, and Cowboys get ratings. Ergo, any story (ANY STORY) about those three teams gets blown up into a bigger deal than it truly is.

And, when all else fails, disparage one of those teams (or their top player, or their HC). Voila!!! ...instant viewership.

In 2012-2014, I remember this exact same sentiment being lobbied about... but, the focal point was Bill Belichick. Why? Belichick hadn’t won a SuperBowl since 2004... and, you know, the sports networks needed ratings.

:yawn:

FrancoLambert
06-03-2018, 11:03 AM
Tomlin's a good coach, and accurately characterized as a "player's coach."

My take is he's too much of a player's coach...too "buddy-buddy," and liberties are sometimes taken by his "friends."

Having said that, the list of coaches you'd rather have over him is pretty short IMO.

Born2Steel
06-03-2018, 11:32 AM
How would Reggie Bush know what the Steelers' players are or are not responding to? It's a ridiculous opinion piece about nothing. This team just went 14-2 last season.

Mojouw
06-03-2018, 12:06 PM
It’s the off-season, and the networks have so much time to fill. The Steelers, Taperiots, and Cowboys get ratings. Ergo, any story (ANY STORY) about those three teams gets blown up into a bigger deal than it truly is.

And, when all else fails, disparage one of those teams (or their top player, or their HC). Voila!!! ...instant viewership.

In 2012-2014, I remember this exact same sentiment being lobbied about... but, the focal point was Bill Belichick. Why? Belichick hadn’t won a SuperBowl since 2004... and, you know, the sports networks needed ratings.

And this off-season there has been 3 or 4 stories about how Belichick isn't "fun" and players are flourishing outside of a Patriots atmosphere that sucks all the joy out of playing football. Why are we hearing this? Because at this point in the calendar, only one team had a "successful 2017" and it was the Eagles. So everything they do is "great" and a "model for franchise success" and everything anyone else is doing is leading to failure or frustration and teams are looking to get over the hump -- or whatever other cliched nonsense "sports writers" can find to dredge up.

IowaSteeler927
06-03-2018, 12:18 PM
Reggie Bush... Who's that?

pczach
06-03-2018, 01:41 PM

Bingo!

- - - Updated - - -

And this off-season there has been 3 or 4 stories about how Belichick isn't "fun" and players are flourishing outside of a Patriots atmosphere that sucks all the joy out of playing football. Why are we hearing this? Because at this point in the calendar, only one team had a "successful 2017" and it was the Eagles. So everything they do is "great" and a "model for franchise success" and everything anyone else is doing is leading to failure or frustration and teams are looking to get over the hump -- or whatever other cliched nonsense "sports writers" can find to dredge up.

Bingo again!

hawaiiansteeler
06-03-2018, 01:58 PM
Reggie Bush dated a Kartrashian.

The end.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BTq7vG8IgAEDHH7.jpg

86WARD
06-03-2018, 03:09 PM
Like I mentioned Tomlin if he keeps his job for awhile will go down as one of the best ever regular season coaches. Will have a lot of wins but his playoff coaching is weak. GBM you could be right and he could be to content after winning his first SB.

Andy Reid v2.0 (a version with a Super Bowl Ring).

Lady Steel
06-06-2018, 11:18 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BTq7vG8IgAEDHH7.jpg

True story! :lol:

Hawkman
06-07-2018, 11:23 AM
Andy Reid v2.0 (a version with a Super Bowl Ring).

Don’t forget about Marty. Hell he went 14-2 and got fired. He coached for 21 years and only had 2 losing seasons and none with Browns.....that’s saying something.