PDA

View Full Version : Where the heck is the Polamalu highlight today?

CPanther95
09-20-2010, 04:50 PM
The most phenomenal play of the weekend and NFL Network and ESPN have completely overlooked it today. Just a brief closeup glimpse of the play as part of Hoge's player of the week compilation.

Are you kidding me???? A safety jumps over the OL and tackles the QB - FROM BEHIND - at the precise moment the ball is snapped :jawdrop2::jawdrop2::jawdrop2::jawdrop2::jawdrop2: and it doesn't even make the game highlights?

Merchant
09-20-2010, 05:10 PM
I know. I thought the Triple Team sack was even better.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1149336/steelers-crush-vy-o.gif

But yeah the Troy tackle was just dirtyyy. Steelers are getting no love.. I've been watching NFL Network all day and any discussion about the game leads to Vince Young getting benched and a possible QB controversy in Tennessee. Nothing about the 7 turnovers.. Nothing about us beating the Titans with our 4th string QB.. Nothing about holding CJ to 36 yards rushing and breaking his streak.

It's cool. I like being under the radar :D

tube517
09-20-2010, 05:16 PM
I watched the NFL Network segment with Pee-on and Irvin and they make me sick. All they were talking about was Vince Young this and Vince Young that. They are two of the most biased anti-Steelers "analysts" on TV, besides Steve Young. I refuse to watch anymore when they are on because they are useless. Rod Woodson is so much better than either of these clowns and he criticizes the Steelers fairly.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view1/1149336/steelers-crush-vy-o.gif

But yeah the Troy tackle was just dirtyyy. Steelers are getting no love.. I've been watching NFL Network all day and any discussion about the game leads to Vince Young getting benched and a possible QB controversy in Tennessee. Nothing about the 7 turnovers.. Nothing about us beating the Titans with our 4th string QB.. Nothing about holding CJ to 36 yards rushing and breaking his streak.

It's cool. I like being under the radar :D

SteeleReign
09-20-2010, 05:33 PM
The most phenomenal play of the weekend and NFL Network and ESPN have completely overlooked it today. Just a brief closeup glimpse of the play as part of Hoge's player of the week compilation.

Are you kidding me???? A safety jumps over the OL and tackles the QB - FROM BEHIND - at the precise moment the ball is snapped :jawdrop2::jawdrop2::jawdrop2::jawdrop2::jawdrop2: and it doesn't even make the game highlights?

Not only has Troy's play been largely ignored, but the overall performance of the defense has been too. The hype coming into this game was can the Steelers defense stop Chris Johnson. Well, that was done - IN A BIG WAY!! But, what do the talking heads talk about? What's up with Vince Young? Is he done as starter? Who will the Steelers start at QB? What's wrong with the Steelers offense? I'm sorry...did any of you morons actually watch the game? Good God - it was as dominating a defensive performance you will ever see.

But, I'm sure the players are okay with this lack of respect...keep ignoring us...all the way to the playoffs!

BuddhaBus
09-20-2010, 05:41 PM
I'm with Merchant on this one. Being under the radar is just what the Steelers need. They play so much more aggressively and with a "something to prove attitude" when everyone counts them out or ignores them. They seem to have found their swagger and nasty streak again... at least on defense.

ALLD
09-20-2010, 06:15 PM
The NFL Network and ESPN are finally showing the pile driver and Superman sack. They are also spinning Fisher's decision to bench Young as a controversy and how Young might repsond unpredictably. Believe me, Young was glad to be pulled from that beating. I bet CJ wishes he was benched too. It was like Ali vs. Frazier.

Iron Steeler
09-20-2010, 06:16 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81aa71f6/Polamalu-flying-tackle

GoSlash27
09-20-2010, 06:41 PM
That one clip pretty much sums up the game. I'm amazed it didn't make the highlight reel.

Kaeg
09-20-2010, 06:53 PM
I was salivating all day yesterday waiting to see that highlight plastered all over the media! I still haven't heard any mention except this thread, which I greatly appreciate. As soon as it happened, I was thinking "That's gonna be the play of the week in the whole NFL." I absofreakinlutely loved that play! I'm glad someone says they are finally starting to mention it, but I haven't found it myself yet.

stillers4me
09-20-2010, 06:55 PM
The rest of the league is still in denial that A) we've won 2 games. B) we lead the AFC North C) maybe Tomlin knew what he was doing afterall and D) they were wrong.

steelpride12
09-20-2010, 07:00 PM
The rest of the league is still in denial that A) we've won 2 games. B) we lead the AFC North C) maybe Tomlin knew what he was doing afterall and D) they were wrong.
Bingo! I love the fact that right now even after 2-0 starting without Ben, winning with our 3rd and 4th string QB, No offensive TD's, and a Dominate best in the league D we are still being overlooked. I always say the Steelers play their best when they are underdog's and I think right now we are still under the radar is key!

BigNastyDefense
09-20-2010, 07:06 PM
Holy fucking shit! I love Collins looking around after that like, "where the fuck did he come from," lol.

Troy Polamalu will be the Defensive Player of the Year this season, mark my words.

Edman
09-20-2010, 07:44 PM
I hope the Steelers never see the highlight reels ever for this season.

Remember, the Steelers weren't supposed to be where they are. They weren't supposed to beat the Falcons or the Titans, and they definitely weren't supposed to be in first place in the AFC North after the first two weeks.

This was going to be the Bengals and Ravens' division and the Steelers were just going to be spectators.

beSteelmyheart
09-20-2010, 08:27 PM
With the limited amount of TV time I saw today during the Saints/49'ers pregame show, they were just befuddled about the Cowgirls. Good for them & may they burn in hell.

HometownGal
09-20-2010, 08:43 PM
It really doesn't surprise me. The ass weasels broadcasting yesterday's game never STFU about how good the Tites D is and how they were stopping the Steelers O. I guess it never dawned on those two dunderheads that our 4th string QB played most of the game. :der: It got to the point where I muted the TV and listened to the game via Hillgrove.

Both of those plays were phenomenal and totally deserving of making the Top 2 in the highlight reel.

SteelerFanInStl
09-20-2010, 08:44 PM
Not only has Troy's play been largely ignored, but the overall performance of the defense has been too. The hype coming into this game was can the Steelers defense stop Chris Johnson. Well, that was done - IN A BIG WAY!! But, what do the talking heads talk about? What's up with Vince Young? Is he done as starter? Who will the Steelers start at QB? What's wrong with the Steelers offense? I'm sorry...did any of you morons actually watch the game? Good God - it was as dominating a defensive performance you will ever see.

But, I'm sure the players are okay with this lack of respect...keep ignoring us...all the way to the playoffs!

Agreed. I haven't heard any of them even mention how badly CJ was stuffed all day by the Steelers. They did however mention that he had an 85 yard TD run called back because of a penalty. It's pathetic. I can't wait to see the look on Goodell's face when he hands Ben the Super Bowl trophy.

Butch
09-20-2010, 09:10 PM
Finally saw the play on Chris Berman's fastest 2 minutes at the 1/2 time of the saints vs 9ers game.

Butch
09-20-2010, 09:13 PM
Now they just covered it on Sports Science during the 1/2 time segment.

steeldevil
09-20-2010, 09:15 PM
Now they just covered it on Sports Science during the 1/2 time segment.

this

stillers4me
09-20-2010, 09:19 PM
Wow! Just saw it. 1/10the of a second sooner and it would have been called. Almost as fast as a bolt of lightening!

oneforthetoe
09-20-2010, 11:47 PM
We never seem to be the media darlings, but I did hear the Steelers getting props on a number shows today. Colin Cowherd told Trent Dilfer he didn't think there was another team that could do what the Steelers did after getting down to our 4th string QB. In addition, on PTI, Wilbon noted that the Steelers always "cowboy up," when they face adversity - as opposed to the Cowboys, who don't. That prompted Tony to respond that they should change the saying to "steeler up."

Galax Steeler
09-21-2010, 03:24 AM
I can't believe it didn't make it as the rest of you I thought it should be up there with the plays of the week. Who knows what some people are thinking.

Kittyfish
09-21-2010, 08:14 AM
We never seem to be the media darlings, but I did hear the Steelers getting props on a number shows today. Colin Cowherd told Trent Dilfer he didn't think there was another team that could do what the Steelers did after getting down to our 4th string QB. In addition, on PTI, Wilbon noted that the Steelers always "cowboy up," when they face adversity - as opposed to the Cowboys, who don't. That prompted Tony to respond that they should change the saying to "steeler up." I saw this too, plus a few other positive mentions. Cowherd also said on SportsNation that he considers the Steelers the best team in the AFC.

I always had a feeling that the Steelers would do well this year (and, so far so good, though things can always change). It seems when the talking heads expect the Steelers to do well, they tend to "drop the ball", as it were, and play poorly. When they are discounted or dismissed, they "Steeler up" and play with a chip on their collective shoulders and outdo everyone's expectations. No one gave them much of a chance either year when they went all the way and won the Super Bowl. They do seem to do much better as underdogs. Maybe being ignored is not such a bad thing.

Shawn
09-21-2010, 09:10 AM
SportsCenter featured it as part of its Top 10 this morning. They put it at #4.

GodfatherofSoul
09-21-2010, 09:21 AM
Seems like the media can't get over the fact that all their predictions about this season look wrong. I'm hearing more about how the Cowboys and Vikings are sucking than how well other teams are doing out of nowhere (e.g. Chiefs and Texans).