PDA

View Full Version : is Bell intending on being in camp ? maybe

Dwinsgames
05-15-2018, 11:07 AM
going by this tweet it might mean he is ??

we will see 100 bloggers and 20 reporters take this and run with a full story how bell will be in camp and intends playing even in the preseason ....wait for it !!!

I hope he shows for camp and is ready for the season ..... seems more likely to me now than a week ago but idk

https://twitter.com/LeVeonBell/status/996117479490498560

AtlantaDan
05-15-2018, 11:31 AM
going by this tweet it might mean he is ??

we will see 100 bloggers and 20 reporters take this and run with a full story how bell will be in camp and intends playing even in the preseason ....wait for it !!!

I hope he shows for camp and is ready for the season ..... seems more likely to me now than a week ago but idk

https://twitter.com/LeVeonBell/status/996117479490498560

More likely he can't wait because 9-9-18 is the date of the first game he gets paid for :coffee:

Cannot imagine Bell is going to miss less training camp than he did in 2017 unless he gets a new long term deal

Dwinsgames
05-15-2018, 11:34 AM
More likely he can't wait because 9-9-18 is the date of the first game he gets paid for :coffee:

Cannot imagine Bell is going to miss less training camp than he did in 2017 unless he gets a new long term deal

he will only get paid for the games AFTER he signs , and the ones missed via not signing ( if there is any) he will not get anything for .... paychecks are the incentive to sign

camp is mandatory if under contract so there is that ... I assume he will cost himself some money and miss all of camp and maybe a couple preseason games to try and make some misguided point

AtlantaDan
05-15-2018, 11:43 AM
he will only get paid for the games AFTER he signs , and the ones missed via not signing ( if there is any) he will not get anything for .... paychecks are the incentive to sign

camp is mandatory if under contract so there is that ... I assume he will cost himself some money and miss all of camp and maybe a couple preseason games to try and make some misguided point

Will not cost him a dime if he signs the tag and reports after the last preseason game - this from last season's drama

“Holdouts” typically become newsworthy when players start skipping training camp sessions or preseason games. This is mainly attributable to the fact that teams have free rein to fine players up to $30,000 per missed camp practice and up to 1/17 of their game check per missed preseason game, which is a crazy amount of money. In this sense, NFL teams essentially hold the trump card in holdout scenarios: if guys want paid, they have to show up eventually. ...

Since Bell did not sign his tag, he is not under contract, which means he is not subject to the fines associated with skipping camp and preseason games

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/pittsburgh-steelers-opinions-reactions-news-updates/2017/6/16/15796352/making-sense-of-leveon-bells-minicamp-holdout-steelers-training-camp-otas-commentary

st33lersguy
05-15-2018, 11:56 AM
I say don't offer him a contract and let him walk in 2019. Tired of his crap

Dwinsgames
05-15-2018, 12:01 PM
I say don't offer him a contract and let him walk in 2019. Tired of his crap

THIS

Dwinsgames
05-15-2018, 12:11 PM
Will not cost him a dime if he signs the tag and reports after the last preseason game - this from last season's drama

“Holdouts” typically become newsworthy when players start skipping training camp sessions or preseason games. This is mainly attributable to the fact that teams have free rein to fine players up to $30,000 per missed camp practice and up to 1/17 of their game check per missed preseason game, which is a crazy amount of money. In this sense, NFL teams essentially hold the trump card in holdout scenarios: if guys want paid, they have to show up eventually. ...

Since Bell did not sign his tag, he is not under contract, which means he is not subject to the fines associated with skipping camp and preseason games

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/pittsburgh-steelers-opinions-reactions-news-updates/2017/6/16/15796352/making-sense-of-leveon-bells-minicamp-holdout-steelers-training-camp-otas-commentary

I was under the impression they also got paid for camp and preseason ... maybe not I am not an expert on the topic

steelreserve
05-15-2018, 12:37 PM
Probably the day he plans on signing his contract. At 9:59 a.m. Eastern Time so he doesn't put in one minute more than he has to.

More likely he just mistyped "3-14-19" or whatever the start date is for free agency next year.

DesertSteel
05-15-2018, 12:39 PM
I read that tweet to mean that we're not going to see him until 9-9, so be patient. I see nothing there about showing up to TC.

steelreserve
05-15-2018, 12:41 PM
I was under the impression they also got paid for camp and preseason ... maybe not I am not an expert on the topic

If you already are under contract, you can get docked a game check for missing preseason games, and also get fined daily for missing training camp.

Ooh, sneaky Bell, though, they can't fine him for not showing up because he didn't sign the contract yet! Kind of like how your kids will outsmart you by not brushing their teeth, then it turns out they're so smart they end up with cavities. His name isn't Bell-Einstein for nothing.

tube517
05-15-2018, 12:44 PM
I read that tweet to mean that we're not going to see him until 9-9, so be patient. I see nothing there about showing up to TC.

That is how I read it. And he'll skip TC and preseason games again.

Fire Goodell
05-15-2018, 05:08 PM
He ain't gonna. I really hope Conner can make a good jump in his 2nd year, and we should also get a good look at Samuels. That guy's skillset looks like they're looking for another Bell-type player.

If Samuels can catch on and show he can run between the tackles, he's got some crazy potential. He already has a diverse skill set, and he's faster than Bell. I would be also happy if Conner can improve his run blocking. I love the way this kid runs hard, but when he's in, the play call is too predictable that it's a run.

Dwinsgames
05-15-2018, 07:18 PM
see I took it as 9-9-18 ( first preseason games date) that he can not wait to play football ....

but it is Bell who the hell knows what he is thinking

ALLD
05-15-2018, 07:44 PM
You will see the Easter Bunny before you see Bell at camp.

hawaiiansteeler
05-15-2018, 08:08 PM
see I took it as 9-9-18 ( first preseason games date) that he can not wait to play football ....

I think 9-9-18 might be the title of his new rap song:

9-9-18

By Le'Veon Bell

Yeah, yeah 9-9-18
In preseason I ain't be seen
But it's time to get paid
There's money to be made

The contract just didn't happen
But this season the fans still gonna be clappin
Beyond the walls of monies, life is defined.
I only think of money when I'm in a Steelers state of mind.

Pittsburgh didn't treat me right
The front office couldn't see the light
Suddenness, glide, fast, like a bunny
My running style is as sweet as honey

I can't take less than I'm worth
I was destined for greatness since birth
Thinking of money. Yinz, thinking of money (money).

vasteeler
05-15-2018, 08:17 PM

9-9-18

By Le'Veon Bell

Yeah, yeah 9-9-18
There's money to be made

Hawaii can rap too:jawdrop2:

Dwinsgames
05-15-2018, 08:18 PM

9-9-18

By Le'Veon Bell

Yeah, yeah 9-9-18
There's money to be made

you should write for him it would be an improvement :nw:

hawaiiansteeler
05-15-2018, 08:24 PM
you should write for him it would be an improvement :nw:

I'll have to stick to writing because I definitely can't sing...

Dwinsgames
05-15-2018, 09:08 PM

well if being honest Neither can Le'veon but it doesn't seem to stop him lol

st33lersguy
05-15-2018, 09:55 PM

Most of todays singers that get air time can't sing, so not sure how much worse you would be

hawaiiansteeler
05-15-2018, 10:01 PM
Most of todays singers that get air time can't sing, so not sure how much worse you would be

that's true, and you don't really need to know how to sing to rap.

teegre
05-16-2018, 06:20 AM
Wait a second...

9 minus 9 minus 18 ...equals negative 36

Bell is the anti-Bettis!!! :scared:

DesertSteel
05-16-2018, 07:44 AM

How could Sept. 9th be the first preseason game???

9-9 is the first REGULAR season game against the Browns.

Dwinsgames
05-16-2018, 09:20 AM
How could Sept. 9th be the first preseason game???

9-9 is the first REGULAR season game against the Browns.

doh

glanced at schedule 9th is first preseason game vs eagles ..... but that is 8-9 .... nice catch ( sign him up ) maybe he can play WR after all ? haha

DesertSteel
05-16-2018, 09:22 AM
doh

glanced at schedule 9th is first preseason game vs eagles ..... but that is 8-9 .... nice catch ( sign him up ) maybe he can play WR after all ? haha
Now that tweet makes perfect sense huh? Same ol Bell saying screw you Pittsburgh.

Fire Goodell
05-16-2018, 02:51 PM

Hey theres always autotune for that lol

Dwinsgames
05-16-2018, 04:41 PM
Now that tweet makes perfect sense huh? Same ol Bell saying screw you Pittsburgh.

sadly , you are right