PDA

View Full Version : Mason Rudolph Was One Of College Football’s Best QBs Under Pressure In 2017

Shoes
05-09-2018, 01:03 PM
Much of the conversation surrounding the Pittsburgh Steelers’ selection of Mason Rudolph has to do with pretty much everything but Rudolph. So let’s put the focus on him for a moment. Pro Football Focus tweeted out this graphic of Rudolph under pressure his senior season and the numbers look good for him. Across the board, he ranked as one of the top QBs in the league.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2018/05/mason-rudolph-was-one-of-college-footballs-best-qbs-under-pressure-in-2017/

El-Gonzo Jackson
05-10-2018, 11:57 PM
Just give him the football on the opponents 40 yard line with 1:32 left in the game and down by 3. The result was 1 of 3 for 1 yard and lost the game to Oklahoma. Maybe stats show that he should have been pressured, because he wasn't that clutch vs Oklahoma.

I'm hoping for the best, but still not buying all in on what the stats have to say. He lost games to the Sooners and Kansas State with the ball in his hands and he missed some receivers. He needs some work for sure.

DesertSteel
05-11-2018, 02:08 PM
Some guys, when they get to the NFL, the game is just too big for them. You can just see it. For others, it’s not. For example, when Dak Prescott played in the preseason his rookie year, you could just see that the stage wasn’t too big. I’m looking forward to seeing MR in the preseason.

GBMelBlount
05-11-2018, 02:12 PM
If he overthrows he may simply be too intense under pressure.

Coaching, time and weed can help this.

hawaiiansteeler
05-11-2018, 02:29 PM
If he overthrows he may simply be too intense under pressure.

Coaching, time and weed can help this.

:smoker: :thumbsup:

Lady Steel
05-17-2018, 02:30 PM
I'm excited about Rudolph.

I'm more excited about Super Bowls.

Time will tell.

ALLD
05-17-2018, 07:42 PM
He is getting more hype than Cleveland's #1 pick.

DesertSteel
05-19-2018, 10:38 AM
He is getting more hype than Cleveland's #1 pick.
Because he's better...

GBMelBlount
05-19-2018, 04:05 PM
When asked which NFL team would be the best fit for him, Mason Rudolph spoke of only one team — the Steelers

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2018/5/19/17372348/which-nfl-team-would-be-the-best-fit-for-him-mason-rudolph-spoke-of-only-one-team-the-steelers-draft

tube517
05-20-2018, 09:38 AM
When asked which NFL team would be the best fit for him, Mason Rudolph spoke of only one team — the Steelers

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2018/5/19/17372348/which-nfl-team-would-be-the-best-fit-for-him-mason-rudolph-spoke-of-only-one-team-the-steelers-draft

https://i.imgur.com/j6EsdCN.jpg

GBMelBlount
05-20-2018, 10:01 AM
Honestly, aside from not getting our ideal ILB in the first, I love this draft top to bottom and DO feel it makes complete sense on paper, which is all you can hope for at this point.

On paper, Rudolph was a steal in the third and Washington was a great value in the second.

Throw in the fact that they have an AMAZING history and it makes even more sense!

We have also kept Ben loaded, which you must do with a top shelf quarterback AND helped mitigate the loss of Bell (and others) with Swiss Knife Samuels.

While I am still concerned about defense I DO think we will be as good or better next year with the 2 FA acquisitions, Edmunds and Allen (who both can tackle!), a healthy dirty red and another year of development of our young defensive players.

pczach
05-20-2018, 11:02 AM
Honestly, aside from not getting our ideal ILB in the first, I love this draft top to bottom and DO feel it makes complete sense on paper, which is all you can hope for at this point.

On paper, Rudolph was a steal in the third and Washington was a great value in the second.

Throw in the fact that they have an AMAZING history and it makes even more sense!

We have also kept Ben loaded, which you must do with a top shelf quarterback AND helped mitigate the loss of Bell (and others) with Swiss Knife Samuels.

While I am still concerned about defense I DO think we will be as good or better next year with the 2 FA acquisitions, Edmunds and Allen (who both can tackle!), a healthy dirty red and another year of development of our young defensive players.

I also still believe that there is a chance they make another deal or sign a quality castoff from another team before the season starts.

We have to see how they implement the new talent into the system and what scheme changes are made, but I have optimism about the draft and the free agent moves they have made. When most people discuss the defense they almost seem to ignore the signings of Burnett and Bostic.

Burnett has been a good player and should fit well into this system.

IMO Bostic has a chance to be a much better player here than he was in Indy based on scheme and the talent around him. I don't see him as strictly a backup like many do here. I think many will be pleasantly surprised how he runs to the ball and tackles.