PDA

View Full Version : Mewelde Moore and ARE

Merchant
09-20-2010, 12:30 PM
Anyone else feel like we should be giving playing time to Dwyer over Moore and Brown/Sanders over ARE? Moore has been absolutely useless in the run game - he's been driven back 2-3 yards on every attempt. Dwyer was a stud at GT and flashed a lot of potential in the last 2 games of preseason. On the receiving end.. Brown and Sanders look to be our future while ARE seems like a washed-up remnant of our past. Everytime he's back there for a punt return you're not really expecting much other than a fair catch.

SteelerEmpire
09-20-2010, 12:43 PM
Moore should be used, IMO, as what he's been most effective in... a "receiving" back. ARE is more of a "multi-use" player. But he's a receiver... wait til Ben gets back (when someone can actually get him the ball) and after a few weeks... we'll see about ARE...
Remember. Our offense fundamentally sucks all the way around... lets see how we're doing 2-3 games after Ben returns...

Butch
09-20-2010, 12:45 PM
I agree on Moore he's not as effective as he was in the past and Dwyer or even Redman should be able to take over that spot. I was talking about this very same thing over a Sal's during the game thread.

As for ARE I don't mind him back on punts. He is experienced and I can't wait to finally see him get his chance to run with one. Seems every week the other teams punters have the games of their lives. WTF???

zulater
09-20-2010, 12:51 PM
Borrowing from Chas Noll, ARE and Moore need to get on with their life's work.

Merchant
09-20-2010, 01:22 PM
Not all have been fair catches, ARE's had a chance to return a few and has looked terrible doing so. I don't feel he has the speed or shiftyness need to do well as a return man.

Nadroj 20
09-20-2010, 01:40 PM
Moore should be used, IMO, as what he's been most effective in... a "receiving" back. ARE is more of a "multi-use" player. But he's a receiver... wait til Ben gets back (when someone can actually get him the ball) and after a few weeks... we'll see about ARE...Remember. Our offense fundamentally sucks all the way around... lets see how we're doing 2-3 games after Ben returns...

Exactly what I was thinking. Lets not worry about ARE until Ben comes back, then we can see how he does as far as being a WR. As for PR, I would like to see Brown back there more.

SteeleReign
09-20-2010, 02:36 PM
ARE is returning punts to eliminate the risk of a rookie mistake. Considering the lack of production from our offense, we cant afford to give away any points or field position. I imagine that Ben's return may allow us to take a risk and give Brown/Sanders a chance to return.

ALLD
09-20-2010, 04:05 PM
ARE has sure hands as stated above. Plus he may be needed in case of emergency to play QB. I still say they need to have him throw one to Ward.

tube517
09-20-2010, 04:08 PM
MeMo will be needed by Ben later in the year. ARE is looking very slow and ineffective in PR's. Also, his hands have been "slippery" lately (But then again, having to adjust to 4 different QB's throwing style is not helping)

The Duke
09-20-2010, 04:44 PM
I don't want no rookies getting extensive playing time until ben comes back

And Im sure Tomlin shares that feeling

steeldawg
09-20-2010, 05:20 PM
Dwyer looked awful in camp and doesnt really know the offense why would we play him over moore. I agree that brown should be returning the punts but i wouldnt make a decision on any recievers with dixion in there.

JayC
09-20-2010, 06:30 PM
i dont think any rb/wr change will make any difference at the moment. wait until ben is back and if ARE sucks still hopefully we'll give a young guy a chance then.

and like a previous poster said, ARE should be returning punts because we can't risk a mistake by a rookie where they get a freebie drive that starts within our 30. because our offense can't make a drive of their own

XxKnightxX
09-20-2010, 06:37 PM
Like someone stated above, our offense is on 'game management' mode and hibernation until ben comes back. Avoid turnovers and mistakes and all this QB shuffling and having a rookie receiver out there? thats like two headless chickens playing pitch and catch. Relax people were winning and we dont even have our full roster back, and a big part is Ben. Im sure Ben is gonna be licking his chops if he gets the keys to the tank with a 4-0 or 3-1 record.