PDA

View Full Version : Punches fly during practice

SteelCrazy
06-02-2010, 12:57 AM
Tempers flared between rookie wide receiver Antonio Brown and second-year cornerback Keenan Lewis on Tuesday at Steelers practice.

The two exchanged punches yesterday after Lewis apparently took offense at a block that Brown threw during a running play. Coaches and teammates quickly pried the two apart, and there didn't appear to be any lingering animosity between Brown and Lewis.

Both were seen smiling later as Brown tried to explain his block to Lewis.

"He was mad because I had good position," Brown said. "At the end of the day, we're teammates. It's just the competitive nature, and when we go into the locker room we're buddies."

Brown said he has played with an edge since falling to the sixth round of the NFL Draft in April.

"The draft is over, so I can't worry about it anymore," the Central Michigan product said, "but I want to show people what I can do."

His feistiness showed something to veteran wide receiver Antwaan Randle El.

"Yeah, (but) you've go to know where to punch," Randle El said in reference to the blows Brown threw to Lewis' helmet.

• Wide receiver Hines Ward watched practice yesterday but didn't participate in it because of a strained left hamstring.

The 13-year veteran has been working with the younger wide receivers and said he will get some practice time in before the voluntary drills end on June 10.

• Fans will be able to buy tickets to individual home games for the 2010 season through Ticketmaster starting at 10 a.m. June 19.

There are a limited number of tickets available and a maximum of four per household can be purchased for regular-season games at Heinz Field. Fans can buy an unlimited number of tickets for the Steelers' two preseason games at home.

Tickets can only be purchased at Ticketmaster or by calling 1-800-745-3000

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_683981.html

Killer
06-02-2010, 01:06 AM
bantamweight chicken fights

Craic
06-02-2010, 01:26 AM
Read this on another site...

And the funniest line was...

"Yeah, (but) you've go to know where to punch," Randle El said in reference to the blows Brown threw to Lewis' helmet.

Galax Steeler
06-02-2010, 03:53 AM
It sounds like Brown wants to make the team. I have read all good stuff about him.

solardave
06-02-2010, 05:01 AM
bantamweight chicken fights

Alls I know is I'm gonna knock someone the f..... out!:eyebrows:

Aussie_steeler
06-02-2010, 05:04 AM
Punching a guy with a helmet on ( that has a face mask as well).

Just dont get that one:crazy:

Guess it is just another form of a pissin contest.

cakmakli
06-02-2010, 05:50 AM

I like Randle El. I'm glad he's back.

MULLDOG24
06-02-2010, 06:28 AM
I like what i'm hearing about Brown!! Kid has a chip on his shoulder and has come to play. I hope he makes the team along with Sanders we could have a bright future at the wr and kr position.

SteelerSal
06-02-2010, 06:39 AM
Would'nt it be something if Brown, Sanders, Grisholm and Chery (along with Wallace) all show great promise!
We will have young recievers of the future, all establishing great chemistry!!

LLT
06-02-2010, 07:13 AM
I really like the fact that Brown is pissing defenders off with his blocking!!!!!!!!!!

Texasteel
06-02-2010, 07:32 AM
Man I love this. Brown came in with an attitude, Lewis is starting to throw his weight around. I do wish I could be there for TC

Dino 6 Rings
06-02-2010, 07:51 AM
Good Good, let the anger build, let the hate thrive. Soon you will know the true power of the Dark Side!

SteelMember
06-02-2010, 08:04 AM
I really like the fact that Brown is pissing defenders off with his blocking!!!!!!!!!!

No doubt.

You know Hines was all smiles in the back of his head. (hey, guys. break it up. break it up.) that'da way rookie. :chuckle:

atlsteelers
06-02-2010, 09:40 AM
This brown kid wants to play football - i already like him lets hope he can play as well as he can punch

steelpride12
06-02-2010, 09:43 AM
Great to see Brown's name in a thread again. He looks like he is really impressing coaches and players and had good position on Lewis, who is another person I expect to jump into the spotlight! I love the anger and intensity, no hate just Steelers football how it should be!

XxKnightxX
06-02-2010, 10:32 AM
Not only that, as much as vets or non rookies hate to admit. Just because hes a rookie hes clearly showing that he wont be a pushover because of his draft pick position or hes not big name. I like this guy this is the type of attitude that motivates everyone to do just a bit better. Some will love it, some will hate it, but at the end of the day it will present itself on the field.

Canadian Steeler Nation
06-02-2010, 10:48 AM
Good and Salty in the OTA's....sounds like a great start

Prok
06-02-2010, 01:00 PM
Man I love this. Brown came in with an attitude, Lewis is starting to throw his weight around. I do wish I could be there for TC

I feel the same. I thought last year's TC was crowded. I can only imagine this year's.
I love the spunk these guys are showing.

SteelerEmpire
06-02-2010, 01:07 PM
Don't be surprised if Goodell suspends them for 2 games each...

BuddhaBus
06-02-2010, 01:19 PM

Exactly what I was thinking. Hines already has his hooks in him. That is great news and I'm excited to see what this kid can bring to the field. I've been saying we need a receiver to step up badly, and it looks like we may have more than 1 on our hands that is bringing their A-game. Nice problem to have! :thumbsup: :applaudit: :whoo: :tt03:

Indo
06-02-2010, 01:24 PM

Yep.

That was my first thought, too!
I think the scuffles are a good thing, actually. It shows that there is some passion at practice; Something that appeared to be lacking in some of the games last year...

Moose
06-02-2010, 01:25 PM
Great ! This is what you want to see with guys fighting for position. The heat of competition. Now if the helmets came off it might be a different story.

43Hitman
06-02-2010, 02:47 PM
This is great news and all, but my how this thread would be different if we were reading about Brown swinging on Troy.:behindsofa:

BuddhaBus
06-02-2010, 02:58 PM
This is great news and all, but my how this thread would be different if we were reading about Brown swinging on Troy.:behindsofa:

You don't want to tangle with the Tazmanian Devil!

RushHard34
06-02-2010, 07:22 PM
It sounds like Brown wants to make the team. I have read all good stuff about him.

Same here, i think i may just have to jump on his bandwagon, along with Stevenson Sylvester after watching his highlight reel.

Gotta love the underdogs :thumbsup:

Psycho Ward 86
06-02-2010, 07:45 PM
His feistiness showed something to veteran wide receiver Antwaan Randle El.

"Yeah, (but) you've go to know where to punch," Randle El said in reference to the blows Brown
threw to Lewis' helmet.

:toofunny:

Brown is one of my darkhorse picks for the year btw, git ir' done

Craic
06-02-2010, 07:47 PM

Too true. Remember how mad people were at Anthony Smith laying out receivers? We loved it for a while, until he hit someone we liked.

Yeah, I know, he DID turn out to be a knucklehead.

Psycho Ward 86
06-02-2010, 07:48 PM
Great ! This is what you want to see with guys fighting for position. The heat of competition. Now if the helmets came off it might be a different story.

Im thinking Ken Lucas vs. Steve Smith deja vu haha!

43Hitman
06-02-2010, 08:20 PM
Too true. Remember how mad people were at Anthony Smith laying out receivers? We loved it for a while, until he hit someone we liked.

Yeah, I know, he DID turn out to be a knucklehead.

That's exactly what I was thinking... I'll admit, I was a little pissed too. :yup:

SteelerStrength
06-03-2010, 11:53 AM

Seriously! That dipshit probably gets a woody every single time he hears about a potential opportunity to suspend someone!

fansince'76
06-03-2010, 11:55 AM

....and awards the Pats* another draft pick....