PDA

View Full Version : Big Ben On Bell Skipping Offseason

stillers4me
05-06-2018, 02:48 PM
‘We Have To Be Better Than We Were’ At Start Of Last Season

It’s easy to feel as though the Pittsburgh Steelers’ championship window is closing, and with it comes added pressure to win the Super Bowl at every opportunity. Even the most optimistic fans of Mason Rudolph understand that he at least needs to be seen on the field before anointing him a champion-ship caliber quarterback that will keep the Steelers in the Super Bowl hunt year after year.

The key to the team’s fortunes lies primarily on the offensive side of the ball, with the Killer Bs—generally, quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, wide receiver Antonio Brown, and running back Le’Veon Bell. Some included wide receiver Martavis Bryant in there, but either way, he isn’t anymore.

That he is gone is just a reminder of how short the shelf-life of this trio could be though. Most seem to expect that Bell will not sign a long-term deal, which means he will likely sign elsewhere in free agency in 2019. So that means 2018 is their best chance of winning unless something changes..........

read more @ http://www.steelersdepot.com/2018/05/big-ben-on-bell-skipping-offseason-we-have-to-be-better-than-we-were-at-start-of-last-season/

bayz101
05-06-2018, 04:40 PM
I don't know...i'm a pretty firm believer that what really matters is how late in the season you get hot -- and carry that into the playoffs. If you get a rhythm early you had better find a way to keep it going all year long. Going into the playoffs in a slump doesn't help. Going into the playoffs on a bye doesn't seem to help either.

I suggest we go 11-5 and win every game on the road. :chuckle:

DesertSteel
05-07-2018, 11:29 AM
Yeah if Ben wants to throw teammates under the bus, which he seems to enjoy, I suggest he starts with his RB...