PDA

View Full Version : Ask Wex: Steelers Mailbag

hawaiiansteeler
05-04-2018, 09:54 PM
Ask Wex: Steelers Mailbag

SteelCityInsider's Jim Wexell on the new order in the secondary, linebackers, cap money, undrafted ILB from Florida State, four QBs, listening device in Cincy, and much more.

by Jim Wexell -

We're a week past the 2018 NFL draft and the questions are pouring in. Let's get right to them.

Tyranid: I'm very worried that we haven't really selected anyone who would've changed the outcome of that game against Jacksonville (or Chicago for that matter), but leaving that aside, can you make sense of what is happening at the safety situation and just roster makeup in general? I understand the Steelers are in sub-packages 70 percent of the time, so I was hoping they would pick up a $backer. What I didn't expect was so many guys with similar box-style skills. What's going on there? Also, do you see them going into the season with just three inside linebackers on the roster (Vince Williams, Tyler Matakevich, Jon Bostic)? I saw you tweet that the Steelers should reach out to NaVorro Bowman. Why Bowman over Lawrence Timmons?

Wex: You might be looking for fits and answers before they go out and compete and show what they can do. Here's what I have at safety:

to read rest of article:

https://scout.com/nfl/steelers/Article/Ask-Wex-Steelers-Mailbag-117961071