PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Consider OLB Keion Adams Another Seventh-Round Selection This Year

stillers4me
04-30-2018, 05:30 AM
The Pittsburgh Steelers made seven selections during the 2018 NFL Draft and not a one of them included the team adding another inside or outside linebacker. While it wasn’t totally clear if the Steelers would ultimately select an outside linebacker this year, general manager Kevin Colbert said immediately after the draft was over that they consider the one that they picked last year in the seventh-round as a drafted player again this year.

“When we look at the outside linebacker, you know Keion Adams was a kid we took last year in the seventh-round had a real good early start in the training camp. And we were excited about where he was going to be able to go, but unfortunately had a shoulder injury that required surgery and you know, he didn’t get to play,” Colbert told the media Saturday night. “But you always had him in the bank and I mean he’s really another seventh-round pick in our eyes for this season.”...........

read more @ http://www.steelersdepot.com/2018/04/steelers-consider-olb-keion-adams-another-seventh-round-selection-this-year/

Rotorhead
04-30-2018, 11:09 AM
Well, of the entire draft, the idea that the Steelers are going to use bigger safeties as ILB's (an idea I am fine with) then we definately needed to draft an OLB. Re-watching the Jax game, Dupree failed to set the edge so many times, it is just infuriating to watch that game. Dupree was a giant disaster in that game, there were so many times when VW was right there to make the tackle, but Bud didnt set the edge, took himself out of the play or just got destroyed by a blocker that the play just died. We need his replacement regardless of what the teams think. I hope it can be Keion or maybe a cast off from a different team during cuts, but we need someone that can simply set the edge.