PDA

View Full Version : Big Steelers fan Marcus Allen gets the call from his favorite team

stillers4me
04-28-2018, 03:52 PM
Marcus Allen’s bedroom in Silver Springs, Md. is stocked with Steelers paraphernalia. So when he received the phone call Saturday afternoon that his favorite team drafted him in the fifth round all he had to do was reach over to his nightstand, grab a Steelers hat and put it on.
Allen, a hard-hitting safety from Penn State, has strong ties to Pittsburgh. His father, Shawn, is a 1982 Westinghouse High School graduate, and his godfather is former Pitt star and Pro Football Hall of Famer Curtis Martin.

“Man, I’m coming home,” an emotional Allen said over the phone Saturday afternoon. “I’m coming home. It’s all tears of joy right now. Everyone was anxious not knowing where I was going to go. This is a perfect situation. This is my home. This is my hometown. My grandmother is there. My grandfather is there, my whole family. I’m so excited.”......

read more @ http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2018/04/28/Big-Steelers-fan-Marcus-Allen-gets-the-call-from-his-favorite-team/stories/201804280112