PDA

View Full Version : Day 3: ILBs, OLBs, TEs, & NTs

teegre
04-28-2018, 12:01 AM
I would draft two ILBs in R5. Let them fight it out; we are bound to hit on one of them. (IMO, Josh Frazier is a “lock” in R7.)

ILBs:
Josey Jewell, Iowa
Micah Kiser, Virginia
Joel Iyiegbuniwe, Western Kentucky
Jermaine Carter, Jr., Maryland
Shaquem Griffin, UCF
Genard Avery, Memphis
Jack Cichy, Wisconsin
Skai Moore, South Carolina
**Shaun Dion Hamilton, Alabama**

OLBs:
Josh Sweat, Florida St.
Ogbonnia Okoronkwo, Oklahoma

TEs:
Tony Fumagalli, Wisconsin
**Will Dissly, Washington**
Ian Thomas, Indiana
Dalton Smythe, Stanford

D-LINE:
**Josh Frazier, Alabama**
Tim Settle, VaTech

Please, add to this list.

hawaiiansteeler
04-28-2018, 12:09 AM
the Steelers also brought in DL Bilal Nichols, Greg Gilmore and Curtis Cothran for visits...

teegre
04-28-2018, 12:12 AM
the Steelers also brought in DL Bilal Nichols, Greg Gilmore and Curtis Cothran for visits...

:nod:

Mojouw
04-28-2018, 12:21 AM
Leon Jacobs and Jack CIchy. You all know I like my Badgers. CIchy, prior to injuries past several years was viewed as the better LB than Watt here in Wisconsin. Now where his athleticism and capabilities stand today is highly unclear. Jacobs stepped up this year and played all over for the Badgers and I was initially not very high on him. But looking at his testing numbers and a few different takes in scouting reports available, he could be a guy that has a far better pro career than a college career due to being moved all over and playing out of position at times.

https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/leon-jacobs?position=ATH

Move that athlete inside and look over at the comp column - you see one Lawrence Timmons. Hmmmm...

Random edge guys are Ola Adyini from Toledo and former Clemson recruit dismissed for doing something dumb with gift cards and shady money — http://www.draftscout.com/ratings/pyrnotes.php?pyid=127851&draftyear=2018&genpos=DE

teegre
04-28-2018, 07:58 AM
Leon Jacobs and Jack CIchy. You all know I like my Badgers. CIchy, prior to injuries past several years was viewed as the better LB than Watt here in Wisconsin. Now where his athleticism and capabilities stand today is highly unclear. Jacobs stepped up this year and played all over for the Badgers and I was initially not very high on him. But looking at his testing numbers and a few different takes in scouting reports available, he could be a guy that has a far better pro career than a college career due to being moved all over and playing out of position at times.

https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/leon-jacobs?position=ATH

Move that athlete inside and look over at the comp column - you see one Lawrence Timmons. Hmmmm...

That pizza spiderweb for Leon Jacobs isn’t very good. :scared:

Cyphon25
04-28-2018, 08:13 AM
I mocked Peter Kalambayi to them in the 7th. OLB from Standford. Here is the NFL Draft Profile Summary:

"Kalambayi is a well-built athlete with adequate strength, above average wingspan and sudden feet who hasn't been able to match the production to his traits. Kalambayi looks the part and will test well, but his lack of instincts and feel as a pass rusher could leave teams frustrated. His strength at the point of attack and ability to handle and work around edge blockers may be a little bit underrated. Kalambayi has the talent to become a backup 3-4 SAM linebacker and with high-end special teams potential."

Mojouw
04-28-2018, 09:03 AM
That pizza spiderweb for Leon Jacobs isn’t very good. :scared:
He is a bit small and the shuttle times look bad. But the 40 time and the jumps are good for a LB. I think he’s worth a flier at this point in the draft.

86WARD
04-28-2018, 09:44 AM
That list of ILBs isn’t terrible to be honest...

pczach
04-28-2018, 09:57 AM
There are still some guys that can really play football available.

teegre
04-28-2018, 10:03 AM
That list of ILBs isn’t terrible to be honest...

Exactly.
Most experts, as well as the “blogger” analysts, felt that after the top 15 players, the difference between a R2 player and a R5 player wasn’t as large as is usually is in most drafts. (Trading back was suggested.)

- - - Updated - - -

There are still some guys that can really play football available.

:nod: Shaq Griffin will be a player in this league.

Mojouw
04-28-2018, 10:25 AM
Exactly.
Most experts, as well as the “blogger” analysts, felt that after the top 15 players, the difference between a R2 player and a R5 player wasn’t as large as is usually is in most drafts. (Trading back was suggested.)

- - - Updated - - -

:nod: Shaq Griffin will be a player in this league.

I keep forgetting about him. Let's do it. Sign me up!

teegre
04-28-2018, 11:14 AM
Whoops... I combined TEs Durham Smythe and Dalton Schultz. :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

Should this just be the Day 3 picks thread???

(Who all is around today?)

Mojouw
04-28-2018, 11:16 AM
Wonder if they try and trade into this round?

teegre
04-28-2018, 11:25 AM
Wonder if they try and trade into this round?

Would it be better to have two R5 picks (odds of hitting on one increases)?

Or, is it better to have one R4 pick (more talented player)?

- - - Updated - - -

There goes Josey Jewell.

teegre
04-28-2018, 11:32 AM
The Giants just stole Lauletta right in front of the Taperiots.

Today is already a success.

Mojouw
04-28-2018, 11:47 AM
Looks like the Pats are just passing on this round?

43Hitman
04-28-2018, 11:52 AM
Would it be better to have two R5 picks (odds of hitting on one increases)?

Or, is it better to have one R4 pick (more talented player)?

- - - Updated - - -

There goes Josey Jewell.

The Giants just stole Lauletta right in front of the Taperiots.

Today is already a success.

Ha, I essentially said the same thing in the Draft Day thread. :chuckle: If it a pick hurts the Pats* then I'm all for it.

teegre
04-28-2018, 11:52 AM
Looks like the Pats are just passing on this round?

Which tells me that he wanted Lauletta. Because of the trade back, next year, the Taperiots reaquired a R3 pick (plus, they already have two R2 picks). Belichick loves acquiring picks, but at some point, he needs to actually use them on players.

There goes Iyiegbuniwe.

teegre
04-28-2018, 12:00 PM
This draft is taking forever!!!

I had had hoped to see Pittsburgh’s two R5 picks before I had to leave (noon PST) for my brother’s birthday lunch. We might not even get to R5 by then. ARGH!!!

They listed him as a LB.

- - - Updated - - -

The Bolts just got Kyzir White. Great pick.

With Derwin Janes and White, they will NOT be re-signing Tre Boston.

- - - Updated - - -

Crud. There goes Dissly. He was “my” TE.

teegre
04-28-2018, 12:29 PM
There goes Josh Sweat.

43Hitman
04-28-2018, 01:03 PM
There goes Griffin