PDA

View Full Version : The steelers are 31st in offense!

polamalubeast
09-20-2010, 06:23 AM
But they are 2-0!

It will be very strong when Roethlisberer will return, especially if our defense continues to dominate!:tt03::tt03:

SteelerEmpire
09-20-2010, 06:37 AM
I believe it ...

venom
09-20-2010, 07:56 AM
Its alllll good !

steelpride12
09-20-2010, 08:24 AM
Yes I figured that having only around 42 passing yards this week and 69 rushing I could easily imagine. Oh well all that matters is were 2-0, and when Ben is back this offense will be a different beast.

The Duke
09-20-2010, 10:39 AM
Who's the pathetic team that's 32nd? I was sure it'd be us after yesterday :chuckle:

All that matters is those 2 wins :tt03:

fansince'76
09-20-2010, 10:43 AM
Fire Arians! :chuckle:

Edman
09-20-2010, 10:52 AM
That will all change when Ben returns.

polamalubeast
09-20-2010, 10:55 AM
Who's the pathetic team that's 32nd? I was sure it'd be us after yesterday :chuckle:

All that matters is those 2 wins :tt03:

Buffalo Bills!

Dino 6 Rings
09-20-2010, 11:43 AM
I knew it was the Bills without even having to look it up or read it. Bills are by far the worst team I've seen in the NFL in a long time. They are just puke covered in filth under a pile of donkey crap at this point.

steeldevil
09-20-2010, 11:51 AM
31st in offense, tied for 1st in wins..... Ill take it

43Hitman
09-20-2010, 11:52 AM
They have a real shot at tying the Lions for going winless. Don't let us down Bills! You can do it!

SteelerEmpire
09-20-2010, 11:52 AM
2nd in points allowed per game with 10. Saints are #1 with 9 per game...

Nadroj 20
09-20-2010, 12:04 PM
This is no surprise. Once Ben comes back that will be fixed, for now im happy with our defense giving up only 9, then 11 points in 2 games.

Note as well the TD (only TD to be scored on us thus far) came in garbage time when we decided to sit back in a prevent, we've yet to give up a meaningful TD.

stillers4me
09-20-2010, 12:09 PM
The offense is struggling without Ben...no, sputtering. Oh shit. The engine doesn't even start.

For right, now, who cares??????? I could kiss each and every member of our beloved defense today!!

BuddhaBus
09-20-2010, 02:18 PM
This offense will definitely come around once Ben returns. I am, however, concerned with the o-line performance/injuries. With the exception of Pouncey, it seems like everyone else is getting pushed backwards or just flat out getting their doors blown off (I'm looking at you, tackles. Pick any one.). Hopefully Ben can overcome some of this with his normal elusive self and the return of Starks helps to stabilize the situation some. I don't think Hills or Scott looked too good yesterday.

If our offense can get back to what it was last year with an improved run game, which I know will get better also with the return of Ben because teams won't be stacking the box on us as much, then we will be unstoppable!

smokin3000gt
09-20-2010, 02:35 PM
I knew it was the Bills without even having to look it up or read it. Bills are by far the worst team I've seen in the NFL in a long time. They are just puke covered in filth under a pile of donkey crap at this point.

:sofunny:

You used to be a nice guy, Dino :wink02:

Craic
09-20-2010, 02:37 PM

http://www.getsmile.com/emoticons/energizer-smileys-51935/slap1.gif

:chuckle:

El-Gonzo Jackson
09-20-2010, 03:42 PM
About time. You cant go 6 posts without somebody saying it.

Just wait till the Pony Backfield gets rolling. :rofl:

The Duke
09-20-2010, 04:37 PM
Buffalo Bills!

of course. Who else but the craphole of offenses in the nfl? :doh:

Edwards was benched already too :pointlaugh:

GoSlash27
09-20-2010, 04:56 PM
I am very concerned about how poorly our offense is rolling right now.
I'm concerned that we're not pursuing the problem with the proper dilligence because 1) we're winning and 2) they assume it'll just go away when Ben returns.
Tennessee was firing through our lines like nuthin'. Our QBs (both of 'em) got leveled on blindside blitzes. Our QBs (both of 'em) had muffed snaps.

I'm not a pessimistic sorta guy, but I think we need to get a handle on this. We got 7 turnovers and still didn't have that game in the bag.

steeldawg
09-20-2010, 05:05 PM
I'm concerned that we're not pursuing the problem with the proper dilligence because 1) we're winning and 2) they assume it'll just go away when Ben returns.
Tennessee was firing through our lines like nuthin'. Our QBs (both of 'em) got leveled on blindside blitzes. Our QBs (both of 'em) had muffed snaps.

I'm not a pessimistic sorta guy, but I think we need to get a handle on this. We got 7 turnovers and still didn't have that game in the bag.

The whole reason teams are shooting through are line is because they are blitzing everydown and stacking the box because we cant throw the ball. Many times in the titans game i saw dixion and batch with plenty of time to throw the ball and couldnt make a play. Big Ben will fix this problem hes an elite qb that can move the pocket and stretch the D. If you really think that teams are going to hold Ben to 40 yrds passing and 0 TD's you havent been following Ben's career. And its not just throwing the ball its reading defenses recoginizing blitzes changing protections and audibles, Dixion doesnt do any of that and its very easy for opposing defenses to pin their ears back and blitz.

HometownGal
09-20-2010, 05:09 PM

I've always looked at football (as well as hockey, baseball, soccer, etc.) as team efforts. When one unit isn't performing, another unit picks up the slack and that is what has happened in the Steelers first two games. The O is mush without Ben and I think even most of the anti-Bens can't deny that. He is THAT vital to not only the O but the team as a whole. We also continue to have issues with the OL, even with Pouncey's stellar play and I really believe the overall problem is that you just can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit, unfortunately.

Without the exceptional play of our D, we'd be 0-2 going into Week 3. They've played lights out - hell - maybe they are trying to make it up to the O for blowing 5 leads in the 4Q last season. :noidea: :heh: ;)

GoSlash27
09-20-2010, 05:18 PM
steeldawg,
I know you didn't mean that the way it came off. There's not a single member on this forum who hasn't been following Ben's career. :)
Dixon is also a capable QB who can move a pocket and stretch a field. Remember what he did last year against Baltimore and compare it with the last 2 games. At some point we're gonna put Lefty under center, and he's gonna get killed out there.

steeldawg
09-20-2010, 05:29 PM
steeldawg,
I know you didn't mean that the way it came off. There's not a single member on this forum who hasn't been following Ben's career. :)
Dixon is also a capable QB who can move a pocket and stretch a field. Remember what he did lat year against Baltimore and compare it with the last 2 games. At some point we're gonna put Lefty under center, and he's gonna get killed out there.
Dixion stretching the D??????????????? I dont think he threw is why he threw a pass over 5 yrds and that the reason teams are blitzing us like crazy. And moving the pocket is not the same as scrambling for your life, Ben slides in the pocket and creates opportunities down the field, which is why he threw for 4000 yrds last year. Dixion did not play great against the ravens last year he was mediocre at best. To say our offense is the same under dixion as it is under Ben is crazy. We are playing with less than half our playbook on offense.

steelerdude15
09-20-2010, 07:02 PM
Our offense has been bad over the past two games, even worse this last one. We only had twenty one yards passing, now that's bad.

GoSlash27
09-20-2010, 07:17 PM
Steeldawg,
I never said it was the same, and I never said Dixon played great. Please don't put words in my mouth.
All I'm sayin' is that our offense isn't measuring up even to where they were in that game and it's a major point of concern for me.
As we sit now, Tomlin doesn't know who's starting, Dixon is out, and we're scrambling for an emergency QB.

We need to get these miscues sorted out.

steelpride12
09-20-2010, 07:19 PM
Steeldawg,
I never said it was the same, and I never said Dixon played great. Please don't put words in my mouth.
All I'm sayin' is that our offense isn't measuring up even to where they were in that game and it's a major point of concern for me.
As we sit now, Tomlin doesn't know who's starting, Dixon is out, and we're scrambling for an emergency QB.

We need to get these miscues sorted out.
Yes we do, Lefty was resigned and will more than likely start against the Bucs, problem solved.

Psycho Ward 86
09-20-2010, 08:43 PM
Our offense has been bad over the past two games, even worse this last one. We only had twenty one yards passing, now that's bad.

43 between Batch and Dixon to be fair :chuckle:

SteelerFanInStl
09-20-2010, 08:51 PM
We don't need no stinkin' offense! :lol:

BPS3akaWirels3
09-20-2010, 09:13 PM
Buffalo Bills!

Ya think... lol

Craic
09-20-2010, 11:27 PM

I was looking at that in my second watching of the game. (of course, I only got through a few minutes lol). However, on the first sack that resulted in a fumble, it was ALL DIXONS FAULT. The sack came from a corner blitz (slot man). The receiver even saw it and ran a hot route (two steps in and fade out to the sideline). Dixon howevever, was completely locked on the other side of the field, and missed both the blitzer, and the hot route.

I havent' got to the other ones. I let you know when I see them.

CPanther95
09-21-2010, 02:40 PM
but 21st in scoring.

ALLD
09-21-2010, 06:09 PM
coach Noll always used to say, "In order to win the game you must first not lose it." So far the offense has not made any serious mistakes and Mendy even won one. They are doing just barely enough not to screw it up for the D.

JayC
09-21-2010, 08:54 PM
i really hope that the solution is ben but it truely feels like it's more than the quarterback. i won't be surprised if our offensive isn't clicking when he returns like it should. time will tell. one thing for sure if i was the coach i would be working the offense extra long in practice, they need a lot more practice time than our d

polamalubeast
09-26-2010, 10:46 PM
24th now!...and 3rd in the rush!

Galax Steeler
09-27-2010, 03:40 AM
24th now!...and 3rd in the rush!

That was a good jump and hopefully we can improve on that next week.

BuddhaBus
09-27-2010, 03:45 AM
That was a good jump and hopefully we can improve on that next week.

We should take a nice jump somewhere around... oh... week 6. :chuckle:

CPanther95
09-27-2010, 06:31 AM
We're 26th now - but 7th in scoring.

More importantly, we're 2nd in scores against - and we'll jump to #1 if Chicago can manage to score 1 TD tonight.