PDA

View Full Version : Steelers tight ends coach at Dallas Goedert’s pro day

teegre
03-30-2018, 01:44 PM
They met with Goedert at the Combine.

http://draftanalyst.com/pro-day-–-south-dakota-state

The Steelers are doing their due diligence. No player, no position would surprise me at 28.

Mojouw
03-30-2018, 01:46 PM

The Steelers are doing their due diligence. No player, no position would surprise me at 28.

YEah. This feels more and more like we are going to watch a post round 1 Colbert press conference where we hear about how shocked they were that so and so was available.

steelreserve
03-30-2018, 05:53 PM

A few things would surprise me, like if they traded up to draft a center, for instance.

YEah. This feels more and more like we are going to watch a post round 1 Colbert press conference where we hear about how shocked they were that so and so was available.

I will take a wild guess ... SEC edge rusher, "incredible raw talent, needs work at the pro level."

teegre
03-30-2018, 07:55 PM
A few things would surprise me, like if they traded up to draft a center, for instance.

I will take a wild guess ... SEC edge rusher, "incredible raw talent, needs work at the pro level."

Trading up: no
Billy Price: yes
Pouncey has stated that when Ben retires, he will also retire.

Such as... Arden Key :wink02:

Born2Steel
03-30-2018, 08:57 PM
I feel that a TE at 28 is the wrong move this draft. Not sure I would pull that trigger at 60 either. Just my opinion.

Born2Steel
03-30-2018, 09:03 PM
Trading up: no
Billy Price: yes
Pouncey has stated that when Ben retires, he will also retire.

Such as... Arden Key :wink02:

On the Price part....I think Finney is our backup for Pouncey AND both OG spots. Would not surprise me to see OL be a pick in this draft at all. i don't expect it before the 5th round but like you point out, the player makes all the difference.

teegre
03-31-2018, 09:36 AM
On the Price part....I think Finney is our backup for Pouncey AND both OG spots. Would not surprise me to see OL be a pick in this draft at all. i don't expect it before the 5th round but like you point out, the player makes all the difference.

If Pouncey and Foster both retire at the same time (it could happen), then we’d be a man short. If DeCastro retires too (I haven’t heard anything to suggest this, but he is indeed the same age as Pouncey), we are screwed.

I think that we have at least two more drafts to fill these voids; so, it’s not an immediate need. At the same time, I don’t want a rehash of the O-lines from 2007-2009.

Price, Wynn, Hernandez will get a look (even if fleeting) at 28.

Mojouw
03-31-2018, 10:43 AM

Carter or Sweat are real possibilities to make that reality.

Born2Steel
03-31-2018, 10:55 AM
If Pouncey and Foster both retire at the same time (it could happen), then we’d be a man short. If DeCastro retires too (I haven’t heard anything to suggest this, but he is indeed the same age as Pouncey), we are screwed.

I think that we have at least two more drafts to fill these voids; so, it’s not an immediate need. At the same time, I don’t want a rehash of the O-lines from 2007-2009.

And they absolutely should get a look. If we can keep a top rated OL while we are also transitioning at QB and RB, that's just smart on our part.

teegre
03-31-2018, 10:59 AM
Carter or Sweat are real possibilities to make that reality.

Sweat :crossed:

pczach
03-31-2018, 03:41 PM

Hernandez is a fucking monster!

Mojouw
03-31-2018, 03:43 PM
Hernandez is a fucking monster!

He is. But doesn’t fit the current scheme.

BlackAndGold
03-31-2018, 05:37 PM
Sweat :crossed:

He has some question marks surrounding his knee, but if he is there in the 2nd I'd be happy with him.

pczach
03-31-2018, 08:25 PM
He is. But doesn’t fit the current scheme.

Many thought that before the combine. He is much quicker and athletic than originally thought. I think he is now regarded as less scheme-specific than before.

Mojouw
03-31-2018, 08:28 PM
Many thought that before the combine. He is much quicker and athletic than originally thought. I think he is now regarded as less scheme-specific than before.

Great news. I didnt catch that. I knew they kid could maul but I didn’t know he could move.

teegre
03-31-2018, 09:59 PM
He has some question marks surrounding his knee, but if he is there in the 2nd I'd be happy with him.

I know that he has a knee issue, but if he didn’t, he’s be a top 10 pick. He’s simply amazing.

So... at his pro day, he didn’t have on the knee brace, and he looked even more amazing.

SUMMATION:
I wouldn’t be angry if he was the pick at 28.