PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Report Card: Game Two vs. Tennessee Titans

Galax Steeler
09-20-2010, 03:48 AM
QUARTERBACKS D

There will not be any style points for this one, not when Dennis Dixon and Charlie Batch combined to complete 9 of 17 passes for 43 yards, none longer than 15 yards. Dixon's biggest contribution was a 21-yard scramble to the Titans' 21 to set up a field goal before he was injured, but his fumble the first time he was sacked led to a Titans field goal. Probably the good news is no interceptions.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10263/1088877-66.stm#ixzz103dsZg5M

Bipolar The Titan
09-20-2010, 04:49 AM
Amazing the Titans allowed 7 turnovers and managed to hold the Steelers to 19 points. That must be some kind of record. That was a really weird game yesterday, and for the most part, an ugly football game... It was hard to watch in spite of the upper 90 degree heat.

Shoes
09-20-2010, 07:36 AM
Amazing the Titans allowed 7 turnovers and managed to hold the Steelers to 19 points. That must be some kind of record. That was a really weird game yesterday, and for the most part, an ugly football game... It was hard to watch in spite of the upper 90 degree heat.

They managed to hold a Steeler offense (31st in offense) playing the #3 and #4 QB with a host of O linemen out to 19 points.

LLT
09-20-2010, 07:52 AM
I have been watching the steelers since the early 70's....This was one of the best defensive performances I have ever seen.

Wallace108
09-20-2010, 09:44 AM
I have been watching the steelers since the early 70's....This was one of the best defensive performances I have ever seen.

Agreed! It's even more amazing if you consider how long the defense was on the field in that heat. With the offense consistently going 3 and out, I fully expected the defense to slow down in the second half. It didn't!

SteelerSal
09-20-2010, 09:54 AM

Correction...the Steelers offense held themselves to only 19 points. Not trying to be a smart ass with ya.
I, as well as everyone else here, know that if Ben was playing the Steelers would of put at least 40 on the board.