PDA

View Full Version : redundant but felt it needs to be seen and not buried in another thread

Dwinsgames
03-30-2018, 01:25 PM
this might be the best piece to date on the Leveon Bell ordeal ..

finally someone comes out and pens a piece that is almost 100% in line with how I feel ....

https://937thefan.radio.com/blogs/andrew-fillipponi/fillipponi-bells-big-bucks-wont-buy-him-common-sense

Shoes
03-30-2018, 01:31 PM
Sounds about right.

43Hitman
03-30-2018, 02:14 PM
Pretty spot on from where I sit.

Dwinsgames
03-30-2018, 02:29 PM
the guy is literally burning the bridge he is standing on

Bluecoat96
03-30-2018, 02:50 PM
This article brings up one of my biggest issues in that there's only so much money to go around. AB and Ben got paid. Rightfully so....slightly above market value when they signed their contracts. The Steelers offered Bell a contract WAY above current market value and he said no. If they go higher, they become the Redskins with their ludicrous contracts being handed out.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Craic
03-30-2018, 08:15 PM
Talk about being over 9000.

The guy has some valid points, and, in the end, I actually agree with him, but he's also throwing everything against the wall hoping something will stick.

The fans, the city of Pittsburgh, didn’t get Le’Veon Bell suspended. Twice. He got in a car with LeGarrette Blount on his way to work and decided to get high. No one forced the joint to his lips. It wasn’t a fraternity initiation party.

That literally has nothing to do with the discussion. Bell's idea of being a villain comes directly from his contract and the way the people are "supposedly" treating him.

The fans weren’t responsible for Bell failing subsequent drug tests

Another non-sequitur for the reasons included in the first. He has now gone two years without a missed drug test. Let it go.

blow off the team’s final walkthrough practice.

And this is a case of selective memory. Bell explained that he had the coach's permission. Tomlin, who has not refrained from correcting players or even calling them out in the press, has said nothing to contradict him, nor has any other player or person in the Steelers. Furthermore, not one of the press that is around the Steelers have reported this to be untrue. As such, there's no reason not to believe him. It's sour grapes.

He also guaranteed a win and AFC title game with New England

:doh: And? Bell's line: 16 rush for 67 yards, 13 targets and 9 catches for 88 yards, and a total of two TDs for a total of 155 yards from scrimmage. Bell did lived up to his mouth that day. (And that is on top of the fact that he did not come out and "guarantee a win" despite what the press said. All he said was "We'll have round 2's in back to back weeks. I love round 2s." He was talking about opponents they were scheduled to play. Talk about making a mountain out of a molehill).

And then, this gem.
Bell’s Steelers career is dirt without a 7th Super Bowl championship.
Really? It seems the Steelers' fans are pretty good with the careers of Rod Woodson, Dermontti Dawson, Ernie Stautner, Carnell Lake, Greg Lloyd, Levon Kirkland, Plaxico Burress (just read a great article about him and the fans), Merril Hoge, Eric Green, Wayne Gandy, Leon Searcy, Joel Steed, Chad Brown, and so on.

----------

In the end, yes, there's reasons to be pissed. But this idea of throwing everything against the wall is just stupid. In fact, it just might be these kinds of blogs or articles that drive such beliefs among some of the players.

Am I saying Bell is innocent? Nope. He's about a stupid as a back-woods trailer queen on meth, but that doesn't change the fact that this guy's article or blog, in the end, is on the same intellectual level.

Mojouw
03-30-2018, 08:49 PM
Talk about being over 9000.

The guy has some valid points, and, in the end, I actually agree with him, but he's also throwing everything against the wall hoping something will stick.

That literally has nothing to do with the discussion. Bell's idea of being a villain comes directly from his contract and the way the people are "supposedly" treating him.

Another non-sequitur for the reasons included in the first. He has now gone two years without a missed drug test. Let it go.

And this is a case of selective memory. Bell explained that he had the coach's permission. Tomlin, who has not refrained from correcting players or even calling them out in the press, has said nothing to contradict him, nor has any other player or person in the Steelers. Furthermore, not one of the press that is around the Steelers have reported this to be untrue. As such, there's no reason not to believe him. It's sour grapes.

:doh: And? Bell's line: 16 rush for 67 yards, 13 targets and 9 catches for 88 yards, and a total of two TDs for a total of 155 yards from scrimmage. Bell did lived up to his mouth that day. (And that is on top of the fact that he did not come out and "guarantee a win" despite what the press said. All he said was "We'll have round 2's in back to back weeks. I love round 2s." He was talking about opponents they were scheduled to play. Talk about making a mountain out of a molehill).

And then, this gem.
Really? It seems the Steelers' fans are pretty good with the careers of Rod Woodson, Dermontti Dawson, Ernie Stautner, Carnell Lake, Greg Lloyd, Levon Kirkland, Plaxico Burress (just read a great article about him and the fans), Merril Hoge, Eric Green, Wayne Gandy, Leon Searcy, Joel Steed, Chad Brown, and so on.

----------

In the end, yes, there's reasons to be pissed. But this idea of throwing everything against the wall is just stupid. In fact, it just might be these kinds of blogs or articles that drive such beliefs among some of the players.

Am I saying Bell is innocent? Nope. He's about a stupid as a back-yard trailer queen on meth, but that doesn't change the fact that this guy's article or blog, in the end, is on the same intellectual level.

Thanks for posting this. It is an excellent and well reasoned counterweight to the popular narratives on the issue.

Born2Steel
03-30-2018, 08:51 PM
I have to disagree. This one does need to be buried.

Fire Goodell
03-30-2018, 09:02 PM
Steelers running back is a tone-deaf narcissist who is oblivious to reality. - sounds like my ex wife :chuckle:

Craic
03-30-2018, 09:43 PM
Steelers running back is a tone-deaf narcissist who is oblivious to reality.

Had the previous article or blog or whatever it was had come out and just said that, I'd have agreed about ninety-five percent. I think Bell isn't oblivious to reality. He sees the writing on the wall. RBs will probably get one great contract, and he wants to get everything he can. I can't blame him. However, doing so shows how shortsighted he is. Had he signed for a couple of million a year less without all this drama, then rapped about carrying the rock for the Black and Gold, he'd probably make up the differences and twice as much again in endorsements around Eastern Pennsylvania, let alone nationwide. I bet Steelers fans despised rap would be willing to buy his albums just to support him. But instead, he completely destroys any chance of that happening.

No, he's a tone-deaf narcissist who is oblivious to the big picture.