PDA

View Full Version : Defensive effort was titanic

Galax Steeler
09-20-2010, 03:47 AM
NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- The great Chris Johnson, who ran for a ridiculous 2,006 yards last season? "Gave up," Steelers wide receiver Hines Ward said.

The elusive Vince Young, who was 9-2 as a starting quarterback going back to last season? "Rattled," Steelers defensive end Brett Keisel said.

The formidable Tennessee Titans, who routinely used to beat the Steelers like a drum here? "I thought that we were a little bit better than that," Titans coach Jeff Fisher said.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10263/1088854-87.stm#ixzz103dd9HyO

Bipolar The Titan
09-20-2010, 04:54 AM
I'm not proud of the effort I saw yesterday... not by any stretch of the imagination but I'm not unhappy with the Titans defense. Pittsburgh has a good thing going. After beating a good Atlanta team and the win yesterday, Steelers fans should be feeling GREAT about their team. Especially with the return of the preferred signal caller. It does concern me how Vince was clearly in over his head. I agree with Coach Fisher there.

venom
09-20-2010, 06:02 AM
They looked like the 1976 D out there

fansince'76
09-20-2010, 09:46 AM
They looked like the 1976 D out there

I still want to see what we do against the likes of the Saints and the Pats with a healthy Brady. I really don't want to watch Brady and Welker play catch to the tune of 350-400 yards while we sit back and play 10-yard cushions all day. Well, if nothing else, we won't have to worry about Anthony Smith repeatedly biting on play action and getting beaten deep this time around. :doh:

Wallace108
09-20-2010, 09:50 AM
It does concern me how Vince was clearly in over his head. I agree with Coach Fisher there.

I wouldn't be so hard on Vince. Collins didn't look much better out there (except on the late drive when we were playing prevent). The defense just had one of those games where it really didn't matter who the quarterback was. I've seen the same thing happen to even the best quarterbacks when a defense is playing lights out. :noidea:

smokin3000gt
09-20-2010, 12:00 PM
I keep hearing about the titans defense. Even during the post game the tits were pattin' themselves on the back for their awesome D. I hardly call it an awesome defense when you're playing against 4th string QB, 2nd, and 3rd string O/D linemen. Everyone knows that there won't be much coming from the air, so that just leaves the running game. They knew we were going to pound the ball and they couldn't keep points off the board.

Edman
09-20-2010, 12:58 PM
The Titans D kept giving up Chips to 3rd and 4th Stringers that would ultimately be their undoing.

The Steelers D give up NOTHING...until they went prevent. Against the Titans first stringers.

I think the Titans D shouldn't be patting themselves on the back too much.

CPanther95
09-20-2010, 01:24 PM
If Jeff Fisher thought they were only "a little bit better than that", then he must think his team sucks.

ALLD
09-20-2010, 04:14 PM
The Steeler defense looked angry out there.

stillers4me
09-20-2010, 04:16 PM
The Steeler defense looked angry out there.

Good.

Bipolar The Titan
09-21-2010, 09:29 AM
They knew we were going to pound the ball and they couldn't keep points off the board.
The defense gave up four FG's... That's all! What are you saying, exactly? That's twelve points. Meanwhile the Titans offense was a turnover machine... four lost fumbles and three picks? How many defensive snaps did the Titans have to play anyways? I honestly have no idea. There is absolutely no way the Titans were even close to winning the time of possession. If the Steelers put up four td's I feel you... but the fact of the matter is they had seven first downs, ALL DAY. Add to that, the Steelers managed a MERE one hundred and twenty seven total yards. I have a hard time criticizing a defense that holds a team to four fg's and gives up one hundred twenty seven yards. The Steelers have, in my opinion, the best defense in the league. It's amazing how they carried the day.

Your comment would be more accurate if it read something along the lines of the Titans could not put enough points on the board. Your offense didn't do squat. Your defense won the game.