PDA

View Full Version : Browns Cut Former Steelers WR Sammie Coates After One Season

Shoes
03-15-2018, 12:50 PM
Sammie get in your car and drive west until you see a very large body of water.

BY DAVE BRYAN (http://www.steelersdepot.com/author/davebryan/) MARCH 15, 2018 AT 10:37 AM
After one season with the Cleveland Browns, wide receiver Sammie Coates now finds himself looking for a new team.
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2018/03/browns-cut-former-steelers-wr-sammie-coates-after-one-season/

Steeldude
03-15-2018, 01:10 PM
But I thought people on here said he couldn't catch because he hurt a finger. As soon as that finger heals he will Pro Bowl material. Haha.

The guy couldn't catch before, during and after the injury.

Hands > Speed

BlackAndGold
03-15-2018, 01:29 PM
Catching was never his strength, so any damage to his hands didn't help. (He does have a crooked finger)

He looking pretty good before the injury, there is no disputing that.

JimHarbaugh'ssoakedtissue
03-15-2018, 01:44 PM
Shame dude has physical talent!

Craic
03-15-2018, 02:02 PM
But I thought people on here said he couldn't catch because he hurt a finger. As soon as that finger heals he will Pro Bowl material. Haha.

The guy couldn't catch before, during and after the injury.

Hands > Speed

I don't recall anyone here saying that.

Catching was never his strength, so any damage to his hands didn't help. (He does have a crooked finger)

He looking pretty good before the injury, there is no disputing that.

I recall several people, including myself, saying this, and also saying let's wait to see if he can return to that level of play instead of castigating him for half a season where he was playing injured.

Now, playing a season uninjured and still not doing well, he deserves to be castigated as his third year should have been a year when he starts to "get it." If he doesn't by then, the chances of him doing well in the NFL drop precipitously.

Mach1
03-15-2018, 02:11 PM
I don't recall anyone here saying that.

I recall several people, including myself, saying this, and also saying let's wait to see if he can return to that level of play instead of castigating him for half a season where he was playing injured.

Now, playing a season uninjured and still not doing well, he deserves to be castigated as his third year should have been a year when he starts to "get it." If he doesn't by then, the chances of him doing well in the NFL drop precipitously.

In all fairness it was the browns. :chuckle:

tube517
03-15-2018, 02:47 PM
Toddy said, "No thanks" :chuckle:

ALLD
03-15-2018, 07:30 PM
Sammie couldn't catch a cold in Alaska if he played naked.

Shoes
03-16-2018, 06:46 PM
Sammie to the Texans. Hope he makes it there.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2018/03/texans-claim-former-steelers-wr-sammie-coates-off-waivers-from-browns/

86WARD
03-16-2018, 10:06 PM
Better them than Pittsburgh

hawaiiansteeler
03-16-2018, 10:12 PM
Sammie couldn't catch a cold in Alaska if he played naked.

:rofl2: