PDA

View Full Version : DeAngelo Williams Claims Todd Haley Had ‘Punishment Package’ For Le’Veon Bell After Skipping Camp

Psycho Ward 86
03-07-2018, 07:19 PM
It’s all history by now but as the saying goes, history repeats itself. With Le’Veon Bell certain to hold out, and now claiming retirement, if a long-term deal doesn’t get done, it’s fair to wonder if the Pittsburgh Steelers will handle Bell the same way as they did at the beginning of last year.

We bring this up after DeAngelo Williams made some interesting claims on Twitter a short time ago. Responding to a tweet about Bell’s lack of production the first three weeks of the regular season, Williams said that was part of Todd Haley’s “punishment package.” Here’s the original tweet.

Read more: http://www.steelersdepot.com/2018/03/deangelo-williams-claims-todd-haley-punishment-package-leveon-bell-skipping-camp/

AtlantaDan
03-07-2018, 07:35 PM
It’s all history by now but as the saying goes, history repeats itself. With Le’Veon Bell certain to hold out, and now claiming retirement, if a long-term deal doesn’t get done, it’s fair to wonder if the Pittsburgh Steelers will handle Bell the same way as they did at the beginning of last year.

We bring this up after DeAngelo Williams made some interesting claims on Twitter a short time ago. Responding to a tweet about Bell’s lack of production the first three weeks of the regular season, Williams said that was part of Todd Haley’s “punishment package.” Here’s the original tweet.

Read more: http://www.steelersdepot.com/2018/03/deangelo-williams-claims-todd-haley-punishment-package-leveon-bell-skipping-camp/

Presumably Haley could not have done that without Tomlin either approving or being unaware of it

A carom shot slam at Tomlin by Williams if true (which IMO it is not) - more likely a bullshit excuse for Bell needing to work himself into game shape

pczach
03-07-2018, 07:57 PM
Presumably Haley could not have done that without Tomlin either approving or being unaware of it

A carom shot slam at Tomlin by Williams if true (which IMO it is not) - more likely a bullshit excuse for Bell needing to work himself into game shape

I agree.

Haley didn't make Bell misread where the hole was. Haley didn't make Bell look a step slow early.

I don't doubt that Haley was pissed that he didn't show up, but I don't buy Williams' claim.

If Bell wants to look like the best RB in football from the first snap he needs to get his ass into camp. Any player that declares he's worth $15 million a year shouldn't need a quarter of the season to become a fully effective player because he wouldn't participate in camp and preseason.

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-07-2018, 11:33 PM

I agree with you.

So when its contract time all the glory goes to the player and his talents. But when he plays like a guy that sat out training camp, its the coach that made him fail to produce. A guy with his talent should have just ran for 7 yards every time he touched the ball. :thumbdown: I've been trying to separate the player from the person the past couple seasons, but I'm pretty much fine with Bell leaving in FA in 2019. There is no I in team.....but Bell is putting the "U" in doUchebag.

steelreserve
03-08-2018, 11:46 AM
I agree with you.

So when its contract time all the glory goes to the player and his talents. But when he plays like a guy that sat out training camp, its the coach that made him fail to produce. A guy with his talent should have just ran for 7 yards every time he touched the ball. :thumbdown: I've been trying to separate the player from the person the past couple seasons, but I'm pretty much fine with Bell leaving in FA in 2019. There is no I in team.....but Bell is putting the "U" in doUchebag.

There is, however, an "I" in "dildo."

EzraTank
03-08-2018, 01:27 PM
Maybe, just maybe Haley realized the season was 16 games long and that Bell being in on EVERY snap is not a good long term health idea considering his past injury record.

hawaiiansteeler
03-08-2018, 02:54 PM
There is, however, an "I" in "dildo."

and in "wIn"