PDA

View Full Version : How many players have scored a touchdown on their first NFL play?

Godfather
09-19-2010, 08:40 PM
Antonio Brown did that and it can't be too common. Anyone know of another player who's done it?

polamalubeast
09-19-2010, 08:44 PM
Matt Ryan had made a touchdown pass in the first attempt of his career, but it is different for Brown, but it is very rare!

salamander
09-19-2010, 08:46 PM
I'm not sure but that was pretty freakin' awesome! Talk about one helluva way to begin your NFL career. I think it set the tone for the rest of the game.

solardave
09-20-2010, 02:55 AM
QUOTE=NEPAsteeler;58474]I'm not sure but that was pretty freakin' awesome! Talk about one helluva way to begin your NFL career. I think it set the tone for the rest of the game.[/QUOTE]

And I was wondering if the kid had it in him.:hail: I guess the wondering is over.

Galax Steeler
09-20-2010, 03:44 AM
That was a great play no one was expecting it.

Merchant
09-20-2010, 09:52 AM
I remember last season one of the Chicago running backs did it I believe. I can't remember his name, it was something weird, but Matt Forte wasn't doing much so they put him in and he went on a 65 yd TD run on his first carry.

SteelMember
09-20-2010, 10:14 AM
Do you think the titans fans bitched at their kicker for not making that last chance tackle like Steelers fans did when Jeff Reed did the same thing last year?

SteelerEmpire
09-20-2010, 10:32 AM
That play was like Tomlin setting of an A-Bomb in that stadium... Took the HEARTS right out of the Titans fans AND players... they never recovered...

BeerMan
09-20-2010, 10:54 AM
Do you think the titans fans bitched at their kicker for not making that last chance tackle like Steelers fans did when Jeff Reed did the same thing last year?

That was hardly the same thing. Reed cowered when he had to make a tackle whereas Brown just flat-out smoked the Titans kicker and he didn't have a chance to make the tackle. I'm sure they still bitched though.

GoSlash27
09-20-2010, 12:03 PM
That play was like Tomlin setting of an A-Bomb in that stadium... Took the HEARTS right out of the Titans fans AND players... they never recovered...
Oh, I wouldn't say that. There were fistfights on the field so intense that nobody bothered to recover the ball. That indicates a high level of heart to me.
I don't think they really started to give up until Kerry Collins got picked.

stillers4me
09-20-2010, 12:11 PM
I know I sure wasn't prepared for it. :lol:

SteelMember
09-20-2010, 02:52 PM
That was hardly the same thing. Reed cowered when he had to make a tackle whereas Brown just flat-out smoked the Titans kicker and he didn't have a chance to make the tackle. I'm sure they still bitched though.

I don't know. The dude dove out of bounds like he thought he had a chance. :chuckle: He could have made a better pylon... and that's what people said of Reed.

It was a great play, but I thought for sure we were going to get flagged for a 3-man wedge before Brown peeled off on the reverse.

BuddhaBus
09-20-2010, 02:58 PM
It was a welcome sight to behold! I'm eating a little crow here admitting that we may not miss Logan as much as I thought. Now, where's my fork and knife? :hungry:

Craic
09-20-2010, 03:07 PM
Do you think the titans fans bitched at their kicker for not making that last chance tackle like Steelers fans did when Jeff Reed did the same thing last year? Hey, at least he gave it an effort worthy of an NFL player... ahem Skippy.

SteelMember
09-20-2010, 03:16 PM
Hey, at least he gave it an effort worthy of an NFL player... ahem Skippy.

As I said, That dive to the gatorade cooler was quite impressive. :chuckle: :noidea:

Chidi29
09-20-2010, 09:50 PM
I want to say Kahli (sp?) Bell of the Bears did last year.

steeldevil
09-20-2010, 09:58 PM
That running back for the 49ers did it tonight they said.

Akagi
09-21-2010, 09:50 AM
Yep; they said he scored on his first touch. Not sure if it was his first play, though.